Inflation rises 3.3% in May, 0.1% less than expected

Household debt hit record $17.69T in the first quarter as delinquencies also rose

1718200894855.png

1718200921441.png

yep
That 250K starter house is worth 600K according to the County Assessor and you are now paying the 600K tax rate.
Unfortunately no one will spend 600K for a 250K house with a 7% mortgage :confused: All the net worth is on paper.
Meanwhile

Americans are carrying a record amount of household debt​

Household debt hit record $17.69T in the first quarter as delinquencies also rose​

If no one will pay $600k for a $600K home it isnt a $600k home. You must be new to posting on message boards in the US from Russia but capitalism can be tricky.

Hopefully we will get a Fed rate cut today. That's about as likely as Trump sounding coherent in any speech this week.

If no one will pay $600k for a $600K home it isnt a $600k home. You must be new to posting on message boards in the US from Russia but capitalism can be tricky.
that is correct. No one will pay that. Now people are on the hook for property taxes @ 600K and the house insurance has rose 50% as well.

I provide solid examples, and all of the sudden I am a Russian troll.

that is correct. No one will pay that. Now people are on the hook for property taxes @ 600K and the house insurance has rose 50% as well.

can you provide some actual specific examples of where this took place?

and how much control does the Fed Govt have over property assessments done by the county?

You are ducking the question

Wages went up 4.1 percent in the last year
I got a 3.2 percent increase this year

How much did you get?
And you don’t understand that an increase of 4% on a $70,000 government pension covers the increased costs of groceries and gas - while a 4% increase on a $22,000 SS income just helps the retiree suffer a little less.

How much I personally got, or how much I’m earning from my investments, is irrelevant.

If no one will pay $600k for your house it wont assess for $600k.

Yup. My property tax is now MORE than my P&I.

And in my parents’ neighborhood, people who bought their house for $40K 50 years ago are now paying taxes on a $750k house.

And you don’t understand that an increase of 4% on a $70,000 government pension covers the increased costs of groceries and gas - while a 4% increase on a $22,000 SS income just helps the retiree suffer a little less.

How much I personally got, or how much I’m earning from my investments, is irrelevant.

Come on Lisa……you bitch about my increase this year

How much did you get?
What are you hiding ?

Maybe the fact that you are doing well in a Biden economy

can you provide some actual specific examples of where this took place?

and how much control does the Fed Govt have over property assessments done by the county?
wtf are you babbling about. we are talking real world expenses that are not figured into the numbers you are swallowing from the charts and statistics you post.

wtf are you babbling about. we are talking real world expenses that are not figured into the numbers you are swallowing from the charts and statistics you post.

Ok then, give us the link to the real world experienced of someone having their 250k house reassessed at 600k. How many years passed between the 250k and the 600k?

yep
That 250K starter house is worth 600K according to the County Assessor and you are now paying the 600K tax rate.
Unfortunately no one will spend 600K for a 250K house with a 7% mortgage :confused: All the net worth is on paper.
Meanwhile

Americans are carrying a record amount of household debt​

Household debt hit record $17.69T in the first quarter as delinquencies also rose​

That is why I buys da land and builds on it.

Come on Lisa……you bitch about my increase this year

How much did you get?
What are you hiding ?

Maybe the fact that you are doing well in a Biden economy
You know I’m retired. And the fact that I personally am doing well is a testament to my lifelong habit of living beneath my means, combined with my education that provided me with a professional career. And parents who taught me good values.

But that’s not the point. I am sympathizing with the average retiree who has been responsible all their lives, and now can barely afford groceries. Why so little regard for them?

You sound like a Marxist liberal who cares nothing about senior citizens because they no longer have value to the Regime. Shall they eat cake?

And in my parents’ neighborhood, people who bought their house for $40K 50 years ago are now paying taxes on a $750k house.

Yep, that is what happens over the course of 50 years. Good thing they do not have mortgages any longer

Ok then, give us the link to the real world experienced of someone having their 250k house reassessed at 600k. How many years passed between the 250k and the 600k?
you live in a ghetto? renter?

You know I’m retired. And the fact that I personally am doing well is a testament to my lifelong habit of living beneath my means, combined with my education that provided me with a professional career. And parents who taught me good values.

But that’s not the point. I am sympathizing with the average retiree who has been responsible all their lives, and now can barely afford groceries. Why so little regard for them?

You sound like a Marxist liberal who cares nothing about senior citizens because they no longer have value to the Regime. Shall they eat cake?
Since when do Republicans give a shit about the less fortunate?
They stagnate wages, they increase tariffs and thusly prices, they cut welfare, they cut senior services, they want to cut Social Security....The list goes on and on.

Forum List

Back