🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democracy in the US

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Cambridge Journals Online - Perspectives on Politics - Abstract - Testing Theories of American Politics Elites Interest Groups and Average Citizens
First of all, you should know your country is not a democracy any longer. You probably know it, though.

Secondly, do you really believe two parties are enough for a 320 million country? Especially taking in the account their full identity on several sensitive issues. Genuine American parties are much closer to present-day libertarians than big government "liberals" and "conservatives" we have. As a matter of fact third party has no chances of entering big politics even if people decide to support it.

Are you satisfied with democracy in the US? What's your opinion on the future of our political system?

ReinsDemocracy.gif

Large population democracies aren't practical. Can't grind everything to a halt for every little thing. Then ask the 100 million or so eligible voters their opinion. Wouldn't work for just one day.

What we have though doesn't work either. Should switch to a parlimentary system of better still benevolent dictatorship. When ya have too many people with an equal say in things nothing ever gets done. Just one captain of a ship, everyone else is subordinate to them. How it should be for a country.

I often recall the backstory to "Starship Troopers" "...When the veterans seized control..." (wistful longing sigh) ;)

Large population democracies aren't practical. Can't grind everything to a halt for every little thing. Then ask the 100 million or so eligible voters their opinion. Wouldn't work for just one day.

What we have though doesn't work either. Should switch to a parlimentary system of better still benevolent dictatorship. When ya have too many people with an equal say in things nothing ever gets done. Just one captain of a ship, everyone else is subordinate to them. How it should be for a country.

I say we don't have a democracy, you react like nothing is happening and you are actually glad we do not have one (cause it isn't practical). I bet you would be protecting democracy if I stated it is not working in the US.

Forum List

Back