🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

Houston mayor defends decision not to issue evacuation order

460x1240.jpg

Houston mayor: No regrets about not evacuating - CNN Video

Surely adults can make those decisions for themselves. Do they really need a mayor to tell them to get the fuck out of town? If he had been a Republican would you have been applauding him for allowing people to make their own decisions?

I don't even have the heart to tell his Composition Fallacy-laden ass that Ray Nagin was a lifelong Republican who only ran as a Democrat so he could get elected.... :rofl:

Imagine the rhetorical yoga postures he'll have to go through. The "Pretzelasana"....

But I thought we were talking about Sylvester Turner.

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

460x1240.jpg

Surely adults can make those decisions for themselves. Do they really need a mayor to tell them to get the fuck out of town? If he had been a Republican would you have been applauding him for allowing people to make their own decisions?

I don't even have the heart to tell his Composition Fallacy-laden ass that Ray Nagin was a lifelong Republican who only ran as a Democrat so he could get elected.... :rofl:

Imagine the rhetorical yoga postures he'll have to go through. The "Pretzelasana"....

But I thought we were talking about Sylvester Turner.

I thought we were talking about how somebody's political party affiliation suddenly transmogrifies their soul into all sorts of shit that has nothing to do with politics from sexual deviance to membership in the Klan to proper management of a flood.

It's telling how these partisan hacks title their bullshit. Revealing of what their primary purpose is. "Catastrophe" and "disaster" are relegated to the end; "Houston" doesn't arrive until the middle; the prime purpose is the leadoff batter, "Democrat". Spills the whole can of beans right there.

As much as I hate to agree with my dem mayor he's right.
Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
That was the next example of dysfunctional NOLA government I was going to cite.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

:banghead:

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Again Hunior, don't you dare try to snow me. I lived it.

Last edited:

Same thing happened in Houston with the contraflow idea during Rita.
upload_2017-8-28_1-3-7.png

upload_2017-8-28_1-3-58.png

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Really??
EP-150828972.jpg&updated=201508281059&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

View attachment 146363
View attachment 146364
Think of how much worse it would have been had they not done that much?

8824711-standard.png

Really??

Yes really. What you have there is WELL inside the city. I know that exit like the back of my hand. I regularly get off the exit that would be off the right side of the image. See those three contraflow entrance points in my graphic above? Those are all way BEYOND this point.

Contraflow is to get OUT --- not to commute within. That's why the STATE runs it --- not the city.
Frickin' dumbass.

It was indeed the parking lot you and I both described, even though all lanes were outbound. That's not because all lanes were not being used ---- it's because there was so little warning time, therefore everybody's trying to get out at once.

------ which is exactly what I described earlier where you tried to sell this song and dance of a five day prediction, which Does. Not. Happen. in a Gulf hurricane.

Last edited:

View attachment 146363
View attachment 146364

107 people died during the evac.
Far more than died in Houston.

8824711-standard.png

Really??

Yes really. What you have there is WELL inside the city. I know that exit like the back of my hand. I regularly get off the exit that would be off the right side of the image. See those three contraflow entrance points in my graphic above? Those are all way BEYOND this point.

Contraflow is to get OUT --- not to commute within. That's why the STATE runs it --- not the city.
Frickin' dumbass.
The photo shows the lake in the immediate background. Regardless of which jurisdiction wants to blame which, dysfunction is the obvious result.
The social catastrophe in the aftermath of Katrina was an illustration of the sloth that fed it.
If you were part of that sloth, that's on you.

View attachment 146363
View attachment 146364

How many more would have died had there been no evacuation?

8824711-standard.png

Really??

Frickin' dumbass.

It was indeed the parking lot you and I both described, even though all lanes were outbound. That's not because all lanes were not being used ---- it's because there was so little warning time, therefore everybody's trying to get out at once.

------ which is exactly what I described earlier where you tried to sell this song and dance of a five day prediction, which Does. Not. Happen. in a Gulf hurricane.
The photo shows the lake in the immediate background. Regardless of which jurisdiction wants to blame which, dysfunction is the obvious result.
The social catastrophe in the aftermath of Katrina was an illustration of the sloth that fed it.

That lake is four miles away Dipweed. You're looking from a helicopter. And its visibility means jack shit -- the lake runs along the entire city. We don't even use "north" and "south" for direction-finding, we say "lake side" and "river side".

Again, we had a day and a half, which is why the contraflowed freeway was a parking lot even with all lanes contraflowed. BECAUSE THE TIME WAS SO LIMITED, which is what I told you in the first place, you pathetic sack of ocelot shit.

This only illustrates that relying on government to tell you when to leave results in disaster.
It also shows once again that Democrats never learn from the past. They just make excuses.

View attachment 146363
View attachment 146364

How many more would have died had there been no evacuation?

You dont get it.
More died trying to evacuate than those that stayed put.

This is not a political problem, its a man made problem. We are determined as men, to build, build build and then build some more and Houston is a prime example of this. When you concrete over open marshes and land, especially in large urban areas, so close to water, water has no place to go but up. When will we learn? Sometimes nature has to take priority over a high rise building.

Its just sad and I can't wait to donate and help these people

8824711-standard.png

Really??

Frickin' dumbass.

That lake is four miles away Dipweed. You're looking from a helicopter. And its visibility means jack shit -- the lake runs along the entire city. We don't even use "north" and "south" for direction-finding, we say "lake side" and "river side".

Again, we had a day and a half, which is why the contraflowed freeway was a parking lot even with all lanes contraflowed. BECAUSE THE TIME WAS SO LIMITED, which is what I told you in the first place, you pathetic sack of ocelot shit.

iu

460x1240.jpg

:lol:

Yet another partisan hack looking for internet "points" by pretending flood management has something to do with fricking political parties.

Hard to believe Harry..............

The mayor downplayed the need to evacuate, and many people died. That was the topic. See if you can stay on that.

Forum List

Back