🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

Could be.
This what happens when a political party thinks they can sell anything to the public with the help of a corrupt media.
Well, when the media smear Free Speech advocates as Nazis then claims that Antifa is morally superior to the Free speech supporters, then the corruption is just about 100%
Nazi's are free speech advocates? Tell that to the Jews and Gays that used to live in Germany.

We know who the American Nazi's are. Duh! They told us.

And Anti Fascists are the bad guys? Really? OMG!

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

Houston mayor defends decision not to issue evacuation order

460x1240.jpg

Houston mayor: No regrets about not evacuating - CNN Video

Might help if you knew the difference between a noun and an adjective
Trumpie, white high school ed maybe boy?

An adjective describes nouns and pronouns.

Example: The Yellow Sun.

Yellow is an adjective
Sun is a noun.

And I have about 120 college credits, dickwad.

Funny then that none of them help you to answer post 83 then. STILL waiting on that.

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

460x1240.jpg

Ants? This video is worried about ants?

I was watching people being interviewed. They said they had no way to evacuate. Reports showed that previous hurricanes in that area many people died sitting in their cars with temperatures over a hundred degrees because of traffic jams. And they ran out of gas.

Republicans always looking for someone to blame. They control the entire federal government. All of it. They can't blame a mayor for doing the best job he could.

460x1240.jpg

Ants? This video is worried about ants?

I was watching people being interviewed. They said they had no way to evacuate. Reports showed that previous hurricanes in that area many people died sitting in their cars with temperatures over a hundred degrees because of traffic jams. And they ran out of gas.

Republicans always looking for someone to blame. They control the entire federal government. All of it. They can't blame a mayor for doing the best job he could.

Rita was the Hurricane that people died in traffic. The Hurricane before Harvey was Ike.

The Mayor, County Officials and Governor did nothing wrong!

460x1240.jpg

Hundreds or thousands would have died on the highways had they ordered millions to leave. Not only that but where do you send 5 million people.

And where does personal responsibility for ones own safety come into play?

Good question.

But
Hundreds or thousands??

Yes hundreds or thousands. Just like the ones that died trying to evacuate from Rita.

You need to stop being a partisan dick and get a clue

Less than two hundred died during the Rita evacuation.

I do not believe hundred of thousands would have died but it would have been dangerous.

I never said hundreds of thousands. I said hundreds OR thousands.

This was the problem with evacing Houston.
Notice the abandoned cars on the side of the road that ran out of gas?
Those were the lucky ones...the one's that got truly fucked were the ones that ran out of gas between Houston and San Antonio out in the boonies where there was no help available when the storm made landfall.
All you're doing is hanging yourself out to dry ...
View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

Is this what the interstate in Houston looks like in normal times? When was this photo taken?

If you'll notice both sides of the freeway are heading in the same direction.
The photo was taken during the Rita evac attempt.
So, normally, the traffic flow is the same as any large metropolitan area.

I'm thinking that three days before Harvey hit Texas, that same highway would have been no more congested than any other day. That means, that if I lived there and was told that a major hurricane was going to hit nearby and drop huge amounts of water on the area, an area known for flooding, then I would have had zero problems making it to San Antonio.

Well the first report was it was going to be a strong tropical storm or cat 1 hurricane. On Wednesday it change to a strong cat 2 weak cat 3.

Hours before landfall they knew it was going to be a cat 4.

Also they first thought it would go South of Brownsville, then South of Corpus, and it hit Rockport which is North East of Corpus.

So let me tell you no one knew where it was going, so getting on the road and guessing which way to go could get you kill!

Also we learn from Rita that a massive evacuation is impossible when you are dealing with the amount of people in the region.

Do the math and from Copus to Beaumont you have more people than some States and you want to evac them to where?

FEMA camps?

Also the Rita evacuation almost 200 people were killed, so how many would have died during Harvey because they were stuck on roads!?!

I posted a new thread, only 57 hours between tropical depression and Category 4. Not enough time to evacuate the city.

Wags who have no experience with how hurricanes and tropical storms actually work don't seem to let that ignorance stand in the way of their Monday-morning "coulda shoulda" quarterbacking. Especially if they think they can scrape around for somebody's political party and try to make cheap message board points by dishonestly applying that abject ignorance to shaky "coulda shoulda" theories to actions that have absolutely nothing to do with politics whatsoever.

As the OP did here from literally the beginning in his title.

460x1240.jpg

Hundreds or thousands would have died on the highways had they ordered millions to leave. Not only that but where do you send 5 million people.

Good question.

But
Hundreds or thousands??

Yes hundreds or thousands. Just like the ones that died trying to evacuate from Rita.

I do not believe hundred of thousands would have died but it would have been dangerous.

Misread it and apologize for my mistake.

Good question.

But
Hundreds or thousands??

Misread it and apologize for my mistake.

I read it as "of" too. It's what the eye expects to see. Poorly phrased.

Well, when the media smear Free Speech advocates as Nazis then claims that Antifa is morally superior to the Free speech supporters, then the corruption is just about 100%
I agree. These are clearly Fascists, not Nazis.

433642FA00000578-4785732-image-a-39_1502597598840.jpg
Do they know that?

The guy on the far left (directionally, not politically) clearly doesn't know that since his high school teachers described him as "obsessed with Nazis". And we know about that because after this picture he drove his car into a crowd of people in an act of terrorism, and news reporters started asking questions about who he was.

The rest of them wearing the Stahlhemle, we don't know but I understand they're "very fine people". Unlike, say ----- Mexicans.

Last edited:
Annise was a train wreck!
The city council and the gov in Houston has a nice balance where things dont get to crazy either way.

People keep on comparing this to Katrina without understanding the Houston Region.

1. Houston is not a bowel and once the rain stops the water will flow right on out.

2. This Hurricane is the worst ever to hit Texas and make Katrina look like a Tropical Storm.

3. Turner, Emmett and Abbott will do the right thing. Had people gotten stuck on 10 going West or 45 going North then people will scream they messed up and killed people.

So this is a damn if you do damn if you don't scenario...

Imagine if N.O. got the rainfall we did with Harvey....

"If you look at the observed precipitation maps for both Rita and Katrina, the total rainfall range is between 10 and 12 inches for both storms. Looking at AHPS for rainfall estimates, Hurricane Rita dropped more rain over the Lake Charles area than Katrina did over New Orleans.

Looking at the storm total radar images from IDV, it seemed that Rita dropped more rain in total (because of the lighter blue areas), however, the scale for Rita only goes from 0-15 inches, whereas for Katrina the scale goes from 0-24 inches. Taking these into account, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain in total.

Looking at the precipitable water maps, Hurricane Katrina definitely had more moisture than Rita, but looking at the storm totals from NWS, the Lake Charles area received about 2 inches of rain more than Katrina.

Overall, after looking at all the radar images and rain gauge data, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain, but Rita might have dropped a little bit more because the data seems to fit better for Rita. That being said, Katrina was definitely the more powerful and devastating hurricane because the levees broke and caused even more extensive damage."

N.O. would no longer be habitable.

I believe no one knows how strong Harvey was or the actual amount of rain that has fallen!

You, I and the people in this region know. People make comments about what is going on but they have no clue!!

The damage and danger is real. The rain has not stopped!!!

Just stay safe and know when this is over Texans will show how we do it!

I give it six months and you'd never know we just got hammered by record breaking rain.

Katy is finally starting to get the dry side.
Things should start getting better as far as Barker and Addicks reservoir goes.
We'll still have some residual runoff but it should start slowing.

Water is going down. Those on the Brazos and Colorado will be in danger for awhile.

FYI:

FM 2218 is open, 36 from the 2218 to Needville is open. Spur 10 (not the interstate ) from 36 to 59 is open.

Needville store is open along with Dollar General in Pleak Village but Needville Dollar General is close.

Did not check the Truck Stops going south on 59 heading to El Campo.

Hope this helps and be safe...

We just picked up one of my wife's employees from her apartment. (Barker Cypress and I-10)
They got a mandatory evac notice,the Nat. Guard brought her out in a boat.
It really sucks for her. She was suppossed to move in over the weekend and she had nothing in her apartment,her car got flooded and she was staying in an upstairs apartment with her new neighbors .......and a half dozen screaming kids that were refugees as well.
Had to drive through a couple of feet of water to get to her but it all turned out well.

People keep on comparing this to Katrina without understanding the Houston Region.

1. Houston is not a bowel and once the rain stops the water will flow right on out.

2. This Hurricane is the worst ever to hit Texas and make Katrina look like a Tropical Storm.

3. Turner, Emmett and Abbott will do the right thing. Had people gotten stuck on 10 going West or 45 going North then people will scream they messed up and killed people.

"If you look at the observed precipitation maps for both Rita and Katrina, the total rainfall range is between 10 and 12 inches for both storms. Looking at AHPS for rainfall estimates, Hurricane Rita dropped more rain over the Lake Charles area than Katrina did over New Orleans.

Looking at the storm total radar images from IDV, it seemed that Rita dropped more rain in total (because of the lighter blue areas), however, the scale for Rita only goes from 0-15 inches, whereas for Katrina the scale goes from 0-24 inches. Taking these into account, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain in total.

Looking at the precipitable water maps, Hurricane Katrina definitely had more moisture than Rita, but looking at the storm totals from NWS, the Lake Charles area received about 2 inches of rain more than Katrina.

Overall, after looking at all the radar images and rain gauge data, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain, but Rita might have dropped a little bit more because the data seems to fit better for Rita. That being said, Katrina was definitely the more powerful and devastating hurricane because the levees broke and caused even more extensive damage."

I believe no one knows how strong Harvey was or the actual amount of rain that has fallen!

You, I and the people in this region know. People make comments about what is going on but they have no clue!!

I give it six months and you'd never know we just got hammered by record breaking rain.

Water is going down. Those on the Brazos and Colorado will be in danger for awhile.

FYI:

FM 2218 is open, 36 from the 2218 to Needville is open. Spur 10 (not the interstate ) from 36 to 59 is open.

Needville store is open along with Dollar General in Pleak Village but Needville Dollar General is close.

We just picked up one of my wife's employees from her apartment. (Barker Cypress and I-10)
It really sucks for her. She was suppossed to move in over the weekend and she had nothing in her apartment,her car got flooded and she was staying in an upstairs apartment with her new neighbors .......and a half dozen screaming kids that were refugees as well.
Had to drive through a couple of feet of water to get to her but it all turned out well.

Thank Goodness for the big Orange one.....
upload_2017-8-29_15-25-25.png

Actually it's called Inferno but I prefer the Big Orange one.

FYI:

Stay safe...

FYI:

Stay safe...

Cinco Ranch is high and dry,you just cant leave the area without running into high water.

FYI:

Stay safe...

Cinco Ranch is high and dry,you just cant leave the area without running into high water.

It is clearing here. No more water in the yard...

FYI:

Stay safe...

It is clearing here. No more water in the yard...

Yeah...we've actually seen some blue sky for the first time in days and the street in front of the house is actually completely dry.

Forum List

Back