🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

Actually Katrina didn't give "several days" of warning. And I know that because I'm a Katrinite.
I had less than 40 hours.

How much time do you need? While a specific warning for NO may not have been as soon as the knowledge of Katrina was available, that knowledge of a hurricane in the gulf was far more than 40 hours. No one says leave, but you can make preparations so when the warning comes, you don't waste time doing what you could have already done.

"How much time I need" is irrelevant to the poster's blatantly ignorant claim that the path of a Gulf storm like Katrina can be predicted five fucking days in advance. Anyone who's ever lived anywhere near the Gulf knows what an unmitigated crock that is.

Moreover the presence of "a hurricane in the Gulf" doesn't mean it's coming "HERE". The current storm in Texas was "a hurricane in the Gulf" too. If everybody evacuated every time there was "a hurricane in the Gulf" they'd be driving back and forth continuously for three months.

And again -- it wasn't Katrina that devastated New Orleans. That came and went without much incident. It was the faulty levee system that gave way and brought the flooding after the storm was long gone. I actually sat up all night with a battery-powered radio listening to it begin, via live reports from where I had evacuated 150 miles inland. Those who didn't evacuate and were not in a flood area, including my neighbors on my street, got through without incident. A flood wall breach can't be predicted, especially not five fucking days out.

Again, I could sit here and "predict", on the basis of no info at all, that the Chicago Cubs will lose their game on May 5 2023 by a score of 5-3. If that day comes and that actually happens, it doesn't mean I'm freaking Karnak. It means I was lucky to hit on a coincidence. There's no basis to predict that. What we have here is a poster as usual pulling it out of his ass to try to score "points" on a message board.
Here's something you can do years in advance, don't move to a well known flood zone near the Gulf of Mexico.
That would be......the entire Gulf Coast.
OH..... There is no high-ground anywhere you say?
Define "high ground"? Unless you go into a high rise, most of that area is 50 ft and lower. I used to live there and went thru Hurricane Allen. 35 nm inland....35 ft. elevation....3' of water in my apartment.

How much time do you need? While a specific warning for NO may not have been as soon as the knowledge of Katrina was available, that knowledge of a hurricane in the gulf was far more than 40 hours. No one says leave, but you can make preparations so when the warning comes, you don't waste time doing what you could have already done.

"How much time I need" is irrelevant to the poster's blatantly ignorant claim that the path of a Gulf storm like Katrina can be predicted five fucking days in advance. Anyone who's ever lived anywhere near the Gulf knows what an unmitigated crock that is.

Moreover the presence of "a hurricane in the Gulf" doesn't mean it's coming "HERE". The current storm in Texas was "a hurricane in the Gulf" too. If everybody evacuated every time there was "a hurricane in the Gulf" they'd be driving back and forth continuously for three months.

And again -- it wasn't Katrina that devastated New Orleans. That came and went without much incident. It was the faulty levee system that gave way and brought the flooding after the storm was long gone. I actually sat up all night with a battery-powered radio listening to it begin, via live reports from where I had evacuated 150 miles inland. Those who didn't evacuate and were not in a flood area, including my neighbors on my street, got through without incident. A flood wall breach can't be predicted, especially not five fucking days out.

Again, I could sit here and "predict", on the basis of no info at all, that the Chicago Cubs will lose their game on May 5 2023 by a score of 5-3. If that day comes and that actually happens, it doesn't mean I'm freaking Karnak. It means I was lucky to hit on a coincidence. There's no basis to predict that. What we have here is a poster as usual pulling it out of his ass to try to score "points" on a message board.
Here's something you can do years in advance, don't move to a well known flood zone near the Gulf of Mexico.
Define "high ground"? Unless you go into a high rise, most of that area is 50 ft and lower. I used to live there and went thru Hurricane Allen. 35 nm inland....35 ft. elevation....3' of water in my apartment.
Which is why I wouldn't live there.

So you CHOSE to live there?

Which is why I wouldn't live there.

I wouldn't live there, either. The potential of hurricanes and that Sheila Jackson Lee represents that area.

I don't think you can fault politicians for this. People have access to all the information they need to make a decision. No one can force you to leave your home, and regardless if this mayor is a liberal idiot or not, it's not his fault.

I don't think you can fault politicians for this. People have access to all the information they need to make a decision. No one can force you to leave your home, and regardless if this mayor is a liberal idiot or not, it's not his fault.

Thats me. The media/Gov I believe has the duty to inform you of the dangers and you make up your own mind if you wanna leave or stay.
But dont go crying for help if things go South.

This was the problem with evacing Houston.
Notice the abandoned cars on the side of the road that ran out of gas?
Those were the lucky ones...the one's that got truly fucked were the ones that ran out of gas between Houston and San Antonio out in the boonies where there was no help available when the storm made landfall.
All you're doing is hanging yourself out to dry ...
upload_2017-8-28_17-0-6.png

As much as I hate to agree with my dem mayor he's right.
Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

You are correct. I was watching Rita evacuation and it was a Disaster and if I remember Bill White was Mayor.

Turner is not perfect but a hell of a lot better than Parker...

Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

You are correct. I was watching Rita evacuation and it was a Disaster and if I remember Bill White was Mayor.

Annise was a train wreck!
The city council and the gov in Houston has a nice balance where things dont get to crazy either way.

The city council and the gov in Houston has a nice balance where things dont get to crazy either way.

People keep on comparing this to Katrina without understanding the Houston Region.

1. Houston is not a bowel and once the rain stops the water will flow right on out.

2. This Hurricane is the worst ever to hit Texas and make Katrina look like a Tropical Storm.

3. Turner, Emmett and Abbott will do the right thing. Had people gotten stuck on 10 going West or 45 going North then people will scream they messed up and killed people.

So this is a damn if you do damn if you don't scenario...

People keep on comparing this to Katrina without understanding the Houston Region.

1. Houston is not a bowel and once the rain stops the water will flow right on out.

2. This Hurricane is the worst ever to hit Texas and make Katrina look like a Tropical Storm.

3. Turner, Emmett and Abbott will do the right thing. Had people gotten stuck on 10 going West or 45 going North then people will scream they messed up and killed people.

Imagine if N.O. got the rainfall we did with Harvey....

"If you look at the observed precipitation maps for both Rita and Katrina, the total rainfall range is between 10 and 12 inches for both storms. Looking at AHPS for rainfall estimates, Hurricane Rita dropped more rain over the Lake Charles area than Katrina did over New Orleans.

Looking at the storm total radar images from IDV, it seemed that Rita dropped more rain in total (because of the lighter blue areas), however, the scale for Rita only goes from 0-15 inches, whereas for Katrina the scale goes from 0-24 inches. Taking these into account, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain in total.

Looking at the precipitable water maps, Hurricane Katrina definitely had more moisture than Rita, but looking at the storm totals from NWS, the Lake Charles area received about 2 inches of rain more than Katrina.

Overall, after looking at all the radar images and rain gauge data, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain, but Rita might have dropped a little bit more because the data seems to fit better for Rita. That being said, Katrina was definitely the more powerful and devastating hurricane because the levees broke and caused even more extensive damage."

N.O. would no longer be habitable.

"If you look at the observed precipitation maps for both Rita and Katrina, the total rainfall range is between 10 and 12 inches for both storms. Looking at AHPS for rainfall estimates, Hurricane Rita dropped more rain over the Lake Charles area than Katrina did over New Orleans.

Looking at the storm total radar images from IDV, it seemed that Rita dropped more rain in total (because of the lighter blue areas), however, the scale for Rita only goes from 0-15 inches, whereas for Katrina the scale goes from 0-24 inches. Taking these into account, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain in total.

Looking at the precipitable water maps, Hurricane Katrina definitely had more moisture than Rita, but looking at the storm totals from NWS, the Lake Charles area received about 2 inches of rain more than Katrina.

Overall, after looking at all the radar images and rain gauge data, it seems that both hurricanes dropped about the same amount of rain, but Rita might have dropped a little bit more because the data seems to fit better for Rita. That being said, Katrina was definitely the more powerful and devastating hurricane because the levees broke and caused even more extensive damage."

I believe no one knows how strong Harvey was or the actual amount of rain that has fallen!

You, I and the people in this region know. People make comments about what is going on but they have no clue!!

The damage and danger is real. The rain has not stopped!!!

Just stay safe and know when this is over Texans will show how we do it!

Are cops in Houston going house to house confiscating guns like they did in NO?

Those were the lucky ones...the one's that got truly fucked were the ones that ran out of gas between Houston and San Antonio out in the boonies where there was no help available when the storm made landfall.
View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

Is this what the interstate in Houston looks like in normal times? When was this photo taken?

I believe no one knows how strong Harvey was or the actual amount of rain that has fallen!

You, I and the people in this region know. People make comments about what is going on but they have no clue!!

The damage and danger is real. The rain has not stopped!!!

Just stay safe and know when this is over Texans will show how we do it!

I give it six months and you'd never know we just got hammered by record breaking rain.

Katy is finally starting to get the dry side.
Things should start getting better as far as Barker and Addicks reservoir goes.
We'll still have some residual runoff but it should start slowing.

View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

Is this what the interstate in Houston looks like in normal times? When was this photo taken?

If you'll notice both sides of the freeway are heading in the same direction.
The photo was taken during the Rita evac attempt.

View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

I lived there and rush hour was like that.

View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

I lived there and rush hour was like that.

Not when both lanes were traveling west....

View attachment 146477
I do have a question.

If you'll notice both sides of the freeway are heading in the same direction.
The photo was taken during the Rita evac attempt.
So, normally, the traffic flow is the same as any large metropolitan area.

I'm thinking that three days before Harvey hit Texas, that same highway would have been no more congested than any other day. That means, that if I lived there and was told that a major hurricane was going to hit nearby and drop huge amounts of water on the area, an area known for flooding, then I would have had zero problems making it to San Antonio.

Forum List

Back