🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

And I keep saying I already DID get out. Had i NOT done that I wouldn't have been driving in contraflowed freeways, now would I?

:banghead:

Guess we'll keep waiting for your reading lessons. What, can't you afford them?

Many did not. Do you think you were the only one in NO?

Those that refused to leave deserved what they got.

So now you've shifted from the lie that *I* was "not prepared" to "many" were not. Guess the old point just wasn't working out huh Goober? Abandon ship?

And it was never a point anyway -- the original liar, who has since run away, claimed the path was predicted five days out;.I corrected that to "under 40 hours". NOTHING in that has anything to do with "who was prepared".

I know several people who refused to leave, and there's always some contingent in ANY storm who stays put. Some were my neighbors on the street where I lived, who are still there and who stayed throughout the flood period without major issue. Their main concern was that we all lived in the vicinity of three restaurants that all used the same dumpster and that hadn't been emptied for several weeks. They were not complaining; they knew what to expect and prepared accordingly. They still live there today, "deserving what they get".

Meanwhile you're dying in here desperately changing the subject every time you lose an ill-advised argument.

I was using your statement that there wasn't enough time. There was plenty. For you to make a statement of there was only under 40 implies that it wasn't enough time. Take that up with the other guy.

Once again for those of you in the Illiterate section --- nowhere did I say or imply there wasn't "enough". If there hadn't been "enough" then what the fuck was I doing evacuating on a contraflowed freeway?

Fucking DUH.

If there was enough time, why didn't all those that stayed get out?

Because --- again for those of you who slept through it the first time --- there's always a contingent who doesn't WANT to get out, e.g. my neighbors. And it's all relative -- Katrina was the first one I ever evacuated for in 12 years. For those of you with their head up their ass about how hurricanes work, there are always variables and they are always changing. Then there's a considerable population without the resources to get out --- a place to go and a way to get there.

I could have stayed if I chose to stay, and had I done that I would have been fine. I chose to evacuate another party who doesn't drive and get her and her pets to safe ground. Which we did.

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do

Where do you get this idea that Rump "warned the mayor to evacuate"?

Link?

While we uh :::cough::: wait for that to happen let's consider the irony of how he handled this one..........

>> As New York City called for a state of emergency during Hurricane Sandy, which left 53 people dead, Donald Trump forced staff to come to Trump Tower to shoot The Apprentice a few floors below his apartment—in between tweets challenging the president to produce his birth certificate.

... Even though the film crew and celebrity apprentices were given the day off, staffers on the production office floor—“more than a dozen people with nothing to do, it was really stupid,” as the staffer described—were ordered to take taxis to Trump Tower. “This was not safe, it was a mess… we were all fucking pissed off,” the source said.Approached by a livid team, a manager clarified that this was “some fucking Trump bullshit.” <<

Are you saying Rump committed a flip flop on how to deal with a hurricane? :eek:

Or does it depend on which approach serves Numero Uno?

Too late my ass, this country can not afford, year after year after year after year after year of financing states who refused to adhere to Environmental information that was giving years in advance and like it or not perhaps its time to UNDO SOME OF THE DAMAGE AND GIVE BACK THE LAND NEEDED TO SUSTAIN WATER DAMAGE LIKE THIS.

Okay fine - you do the cost and risk assessments re relocating coastal residents, Californians near fault lines, residents of low lying cities to which locations, including the building of housing facilities etc.and have it on my desk by 9am tomorrow. I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Of course I am jesting as what you suggest is impossible. Admittedly, I questioned the wisdom of rebuilding the 9th Ward. Speaking of which - NO looks like it might have a rain event also.

Actually, the head of Emergency Operations is a Judge who happens to be Republican; he was against evacuations, was standing by Turner Friday:

"At this time I can reemphasize there will be no mass evacuations called," said Harris County Judge Edward Emmett, who is responsible for overseeing emergency operations, at a joint press conference with Turner on Friday. He noted that several coastal towns within Harris County, where Houston lies, had issued voluntary evacuations because of the storm surge.

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

He is trying to make another Katrina happen to blame it on Trump. How evil bad are the left?

Many did not. Do you think you were the only one in NO?

Those that refused to leave deserved what they got.

So now you've shifted from the lie that *I* was "not prepared" to "many" were not. Guess the old point just wasn't working out huh Goober? Abandon ship?

And it was never a point anyway -- the original liar, who has since run away, claimed the path was predicted five days out;.I corrected that to "under 40 hours". NOTHING in that has anything to do with "who was prepared".

I know several people who refused to leave, and there's always some contingent in ANY storm who stays put. Some were my neighbors on the street where I lived, who are still there and who stayed throughout the flood period without major issue. Their main concern was that we all lived in the vicinity of three restaurants that all used the same dumpster and that hadn't been emptied for several weeks. They were not complaining; they knew what to expect and prepared accordingly. They still live there today, "deserving what they get".

Meanwhile you're dying in here desperately changing the subject every time you lose an ill-advised argument.

I was using your statement that there wasn't enough time. There was plenty. For you to make a statement of there was only under 40 implies that it wasn't enough time. Take that up with the other guy.

Once again for those of you in the Illiterate section --- nowhere did I say or imply there wasn't "enough". If there hadn't been "enough" then what the fuck was I doing evacuating on a contraflowed freeway?

Fucking DUH.

If there was enough time, why didn't all those that stayed get out?

Because --- again for those of you who slept through it the first time --- there's always a contingent who doesn't WANT to get out, e.g. my neighbors. And it's all relative -- Katrina was the first one I ever evacuated for in 12 years. For those of you with their head up their ass about how hurricanes work, there are always variables and they are always changing. Then there's a considerable population without the resources to get out --- a place to go and a way to get there.

I could have stayed if I chose to stay, and had I done that I would have been fine. I chose to evacuate another party who doesn't drive and get her and her pets to safe ground. Which we did.

If the contingent that chooses to stay runs into problems, why is it the responsibility of anyone else to put themselves in harms way to take care of them?

As for people being without resources to get out, I saw the pictures of the school buses under water. Ray Nagin didn't have a say or didn't have a phone number of someone that did?

Actually, the head of Emergency Operations is a Judge who happens to be Republican; he was against evacuations, was standing by Turner Friday:

"At this time I can reemphasize there will be no mass evacuations called," said Harris County Judge Edward Emmett, who is responsible for overseeing emergency operations, at a joint press conference with Turner on Friday. He noted that several coastal towns within Harris County, where Houston lies, had issued voluntary evacuations because of the storm surge.

As the article points out --- six and a half million people. Houston is the largest city we have in a hurricane-prone area.

I've got a coupla friends in Houston and they say they're just fine.

If the contingent that chooses to stay runs into problems, why is it the responsibility of anyone else to put themselves in harms way to take care of them?

Nobody claimed it was. Once again you're making up new arguments because you lost the old ones.

The poster claimed that the path was known five days out, and that's absolute bullshit. That's all there is to it, full stop, waiter check please and cue fat lady. Your endless dancing around to shoot down arguments nobody made is amusing but wearing thin.

As for people being without resources to get out, I saw the pictures of the school buses under water. Ray Nagin didn't have a say or didn't have a phone number of someone that did?

Not clear. Those buses were outside the city AND would have required rounding up drivers AND evacuation plans. 38 hours notice (as I had) is enough to put some stuff away, grab the dependents and get in the car that you already have. It's not necessarily enough to round up a bus driver plan, drive them into the city (assuming they were even operable) and get word out to the public that there was this service available. It is however very easy to take pictures of buses after the fact and generate bait-click headlines that start with the words "Why Didn't" when the writer of those words just flew in from Dubuque and has no idea what was going on in the hours leading up.

And when I say 38 hours that's not time available to evacuate --- that's total time from first notice to the time of landfall, and you have to be out well before landfall.

Nobody claimed it was. Once again you're making up new arguments because you lost the old ones.

The poster claimed that the path was known five days out, and that's absolute bullshit. That's all there is to it, full stop, waiter check please and cue fat lady. Your endless dancing around to shoot down arguments nobody made is amusing but wearing thin.

Not clear. Those buses were outside the city AND would have required rounding up drivers AND evacuation plans. 38 hours notice (as I had) is enough to put some stuff away, grab the defendants and get in the car that you already have. It's not necessarily enough to round up a bus driver plan.

And when I say 38 hours that's not time available to evacuate --- that's total time from first notice to the time of landfall, and you have to be out well before landfall.

That's between you and the other poster. Why are you dragging me into what he said?

So, if emergency workers didn't go it, you'd be OK with that?

38 hours notice isn't enough to round up people that drive buses every day? I see you make excuses when you've lost your argument. Do you have any more to protect and cover for the inept Democrat mayor that let his people suffer?

Not clear. Those buses were outside the city AND would have required rounding up drivers AND evacuation plans. 38 hours notice (as I had) is enough to put some stuff away, grab the dependents and get in the car that you already have. It's not necessarily enough to round up a bus driver plan.

That's between you and the other poster. Why are you dragging me into what he said?

You dragged yourself into it by perverting what the argument was. And now you're running away.
Which is typical.

What the friggety fuck does that even mean? :dunno:

38 hours notice isn't enough to round up people that drive buses every day? I see you make excuses when you've lost your argument. Do you have any more to protect and cover for the inept Democrat mayor that let his people suffer?

Ah, the new plan is just to ignore the part of the post that addressed all that and pretend it never happened.
Again -- typical.

Not clear. Those buses were outside the city AND would have required rounding up drivers AND evacuation plans. 38 hours notice (as I had) is enough to put some stuff away, grab the dependents and get in the car that you already have. It's not necessarily enough to round up a bus driver plan.

You dragged yourself into it by perverting what the argument was. And now you're running away.
Which is typical.

What the friggety fuck does that even mean? :dunno:

Ah, the new plan is just to ignore the part of the post that addressed all that and pretend it never happened.
Again -- typical.

You're including me in an argument I never made then refusing to acknowledge what I said in my argument was true. Typical. NO deserved the incompetent, criminal you had as a mayor. You got what you deserved.

As much as I hate to agree with my dem mayor he's right.
Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
That was the next example of dysfunctional NOLA government I was going to cite.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Again Hunior, don't you dare try to snow me. I lived it.
Really??
EP-150828972.jpg&updated=201508281059&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder
when was that picture taken?

As much as I hate to agree with my dem mayor he's right.
Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
That was the next example of dysfunctional NOLA government I was going to cite.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Again Hunior, don't you dare try to snow me. I lived it.
Really??
EP-150828972.jpg&updated=201508281059&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder
when was that picture taken?

I can tell you from memory that it wasn't taken on Sunday 8/28. Because it was absolutely not a clear day like this is.

From the shadows this would be late morning, whatever the date (we're looking north).

I don't think the poster who put this up will be back though. He got spanked.

:lol:

Yet another partisan hack looking for internet "points" by pretending flood management has something to do with fricking political parties.

Hard to believe Harry..............
You're right. The ensuing catastrophe will be a result of the stupidity of locals who are to stupid to recognize several days of warning. Just like Katrina sloth.

Actually Katrina didn't give "several days" of warning. And I know that because I'm a Katrinite.
I had less than 40 hours.

How much time do you need? While a specific warning for NO may not have been as soon as the knowledge of Katrina was available, that knowledge of a hurricane in the gulf was far more than 40 hours. No one says leave, but you can make preparations so when the warning comes, you don't waste time doing what you could have already done.

"How much time I need" is irrelevant to the poster's blatantly ignorant claim that the path of a Gulf storm like Katrina can be predicted five fucking days in advance. Anyone who's ever lived anywhere near the Gulf knows what an unmitigated crock that is.

Moreover the presence of "a hurricane in the Gulf" doesn't mean it's coming "HERE". The current storm in Texas was "a hurricane in the Gulf" too. If everybody evacuated every time there was "a hurricane in the Gulf" they'd be driving back and forth continuously for three months.

And again -- it wasn't Katrina that devastated New Orleans. That came and went without much incident. It was the faulty levee system that gave way and brought the flooding after the storm was long gone. I actually sat up all night with a battery-powered radio listening to it begin, via live reports from where I had evacuated 150 miles inland. Those who didn't evacuate and were not in a flood area, including my neighbors on my street, got through without incident. A flood wall breach can't be predicted, especially not five fucking days out.

Again, I could sit here and "predict", on the basis of no info at all, that the Chicago Cubs will lose their game on May 5 2023 by a score of 5-3. If that day comes and that actually happens, it doesn't mean I'm freaking Karnak. It means I was lucky to hit on a coincidence. There's no basis to predict that. What we have here is a poster as usual pulling it out of his ass to try to score "points" on a message board.
Here's something you can do years in advance, don't move to a well known flood zone near the Gulf of Mexico.
That would be......the entire Gulf Coast.

You're right. The ensuing catastrophe will be a result of the stupidity of locals who are to stupid to recognize several days of warning. Just like Katrina sloth.

Actually Katrina didn't give "several days" of warning. And I know that because I'm a Katrinite.

How much time do you need? While a specific warning for NO may not have been as soon as the knowledge of Katrina was available, that knowledge of a hurricane in the gulf was far more than 40 hours. No one says leave, but you can make preparations so when the warning comes, you don't waste time doing what you could have already done.

"How much time I need" is irrelevant to the poster's blatantly ignorant claim that the path of a Gulf storm like Katrina can be predicted five fucking days in advance. Anyone who's ever lived anywhere near the Gulf knows what an unmitigated crock that is.

Moreover the presence of "a hurricane in the Gulf" doesn't mean it's coming "HERE". The current storm in Texas was "a hurricane in the Gulf" too. If everybody evacuated every time there was "a hurricane in the Gulf" they'd be driving back and forth continuously for three months.

And again -- it wasn't Katrina that devastated New Orleans. That came and went without much incident. It was the faulty levee system that gave way and brought the flooding after the storm was long gone. I actually sat up all night with a battery-powered radio listening to it begin, via live reports from where I had evacuated 150 miles inland. Those who didn't evacuate and were not in a flood area, including my neighbors on my street, got through without incident. A flood wall breach can't be predicted, especially not five fucking days out.

Again, I could sit here and "predict", on the basis of no info at all, that the Chicago Cubs will lose their game on May 5 2023 by a score of 5-3. If that day comes and that actually happens, it doesn't mean I'm freaking Karnak. It means I was lucky to hit on a coincidence. There's no basis to predict that. What we have here is a poster as usual pulling it out of his ass to try to score "points" on a message board.
Here's something you can do years in advance, don't move to a well known flood zone near the Gulf of Mexico.

Including Houston where all that oil gets refined so Mud can have enough fuel to drive away from post 83 wid a quickness. It's also where most of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is and allllll the people who work around that industry. Not to mention all the shipping and shrimping....

But ---- "Democrats". :rofl:

Including Houston where all that oil gets refined so Mud can have enough fuel to drive away from post 83 wid a quickness. It's also where most of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is and allllll the people who work around that industry.

Or prepare years ahead of time in case something like this happens. While a hurricane in the Gulf may or may not hit where you live, if it gets in the Gulf, there is a much higher chance that it will than if it's skirting the Atlantic Coast. You don't have to have one potentially coming your way to prepare in case it does.

OH..... There is no high-ground anywhere you say?

Including Houston where all that oil gets refined so Mud can have enough fuel to drive away from post 83 wid a quickness. It's also where most of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is and allllll the people who work around that industry. Not to mention all the shipping and shrimping....

We only do 30% of our own refining. Most of it is being done elsewhere.

We only do 30% of our own refining. Most of it is being done elsewhere.

In a manner of speaking, I do my own refining. I drive a diesel. As long as people eat French fries and other fried foods, I have a fuel source.

Forum List

Back