🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Mayor Of Houston Causing A Catastrophic Disaster

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

I don't believe that any amount of hot wind expelled by politicians could have prevented or mitigated the flooding. The mayor's reasoning is sound...the logistics of mass evacuations are staggering. One young woman who did evacuate with her daughter - said she left because 'Houston floods in a drizzle'...plus she and her daughter 'are only 60" tall, and 50" of rain doesn't leave much breathing room.'

As to NO as some have mentioned - much has been rebuilt in 9th ward with state and federal money, the levees have been reinforced, new pumps have been installed - yet it is still below sea level...only a matter of time.

New Orleans is also three hundred years old (officially next year).

The site of the first permanent English settlement in my State is almost 350 years old. They didn't build it in a bowl.

As much as I hate to agree with my dem mayor he's right.
Those of us who remember Rita know it's a bad idea to try and evac millions of people.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
That was the next example of dysfunctional NOLA government I was going to cite.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

:banghead:

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Again Hunior, don't you dare try to snow me. I lived it.

Does anyone in a position of authority know how to use a damn telephone and call those that do have the authority to contraflow I-10? No one in the City knoew anyone at the State level?

I'm sure they do but it's irrelevant since the state police already did that. And I know they did that because I drove the whole thing. The poster who claimed they didn't (actually he blamed the city for not comandeering federal highways) was lying.

Doesn't change that people had plenty of time to get out but chose to stay.

My exit from New Orleans even on contraflowed freeways took seven hours, crawling at 2-3 miles an hour.
A photo in the W Post from the day before Katrina hit showed the outbound lanes of I-10 looking like a parking lot. Meanwhile, the inbound lanes were vacant with the exception of one emergency vehicle. Anyone with sense would have designated all but one of the inbound lanes for outbound traffic to handle the overflow.

They were so designated. I drove the whole thing. THAT'S WHAT I JUST GOT DONE DESCRIBING.

And furthermore that was the state's operation. The city doesn't have the authority to contraflow I-10 outside its boundaries. :wtf:

8824711-standard.png

Does anyone in a position of authority know how to use a damn telephone and call those that do have the authority to contraflow I-10? No one in the City knoew anyone at the State level?

I'm sure they do but it's irrelevant since the state police already did that. And I know they did that because I drove the whole thing. The poster who claimed they didn't (actually he blamed the city for not comandeering federal highways) was lying.

***NOR*** did anyone make that point. Guess we'll keep saying "learn how to read" until you uh, learn how to read.

You're desperately trying to shove the point away because you're trying to defend a liar.

New Orleans is also three hundred years old (officially next year).

...which shows the levees worked until they didn't and the French had the good sense to build on higher ground.

Anyone who's ever tried to navigate the roads of New Orleans, or those of Washington DC --- knows to never ever allow French people to design the roads. :)

The site of the first permanent English settlement in my State is almost 350 years old. They didn't build it in a bowl.

In my state the oldest permanent European settlement was founded more than 450 years ago. It was built along the coast and had minor storm surge flooding from a recent Atlantic hurricane. It wasn't built in a bowl either...not much above sea level though.

8824711-standard.png

***NOR*** did anyone make that point. Guess we'll keep saying "learn how to read" until you uh, learn how to read.

You're desperately trying to shove the point away because you're trying to defend a liar.

I've been saying they had plenty of time to get out. You keep saying we didn't know it was coming out way quickly enough.

Guess we'll keep saying stop making excuses until you stop making excuses.

In my state the oldest permanent European settlement was founded more than 450 years ago. It was built along the coast and had minor storm surge flooding from a recent Atlantic hurricane. It wasn't built in a bowl either...not much above sea level though.

Our two examples should tell those in NO that they were dumbasses for doing such a thing.

8824711-standard.png

I've been saying they had plenty of time to get out. You keep saying we didn't know it was coming out way quickly enough.

And I keep saying I already DID get out. Had i NOT done that I wouldn't have been driving in contraflowed freeways, now would I?

Guess we'll keep waiting for your reading lessons. What, can't you afford them?

And I keep saying I already DID get out. Had i NOT done that I wouldn't have been driving in contraflowed freeways, now would I?

Many did not. Do you think you were the only one in NO?

Those that refused to leave deserved what they got.

So now you've shifted from the lie that *I* was "not prepared" to "many" were not. Guess the old point just wasn't working out huh Goober? Abandon ship?

And it was never a point anyway -- the original liar, who has since run away, claimed the path was predicted five days out;.I corrected that to "under 40 hours". NOTHING in that has anything to do with "who was prepared".

I know several people who refused to leave, and there's always some contingent in ANY storm who stays put. Some were my neighbors on the street where I lived, who are still there and who stayed throughout the flood period without major issue. Their main concern was that we all lived in the vicinity of three restaurants that all used the same dumpster and that hadn't been emptied for several weeks. They were not complaining; they knew what to expect and prepared accordingly. They still live there today, "deserving what they get".

Meanwhile you're dying in here desperately changing the subject every time you lose an ill-advised argument.

This is not a political problem, its a man made problem. We are determined as men, to build, build build and then build some more and Houston is a prime example of this. When you concrete over open marshes and land, especially in large urban areas, so close to water, water has no place to go but up. When will we learn? Sometimes nature has to take priority over a high rise building.

You're right but it's too late to un-build Houston - raise parts of NO above sea level - or fill in California's fault lines.

Its just sad and I can't wait to donate and help these people

Worry not - you are donating already, we all are. :)

So now you've shifted from the lie that *I* was "not prepared" to "many" were not. Guess the old point just wasn't working out huh Goober? Abandon ship?

And it was never a point anyway -- the original liar, who has since run away, claimed the path was predicted five days out;.I corrected that to "under 40 hours". NOTHING in that has anything to do with "who was prepared".

I know several people who refused to leave, and there's always some contingent in ANY storm who stays put. Some were my neighbors on the street where I lived, who are still there and who stayed throughout the flood period without major issue. Their main concern was that we all lived in the vicinity of three restaurants that all used the same dumpster and that hadn't been emptied for several weeks. They were not complaining; they knew what to expect and prepared accordingly. They still live there today, "deserving what they get".

Meanwhile you're dying in here desperately changing the subject every time you lose an ill-advised argument.

I was using your statement that there wasn't enough time. There was plenty. For you to make a statement of there was only under 40 implies that it wasn't enough time. Take that up with the other guy.

This is not a political problem, its a man made problem. We are determined as men, to build, build build and then build some more and Houston is a prime example of this. When you concrete over open marshes and land, especially in large urban areas, so close to water, water has no place to go but up. When will we learn? Sometimes nature has to take priority over a high rise building.

You're right but it's too late to un-build Houston - raise parts of NO above sea level - or fill in California's fault lines.

I bet it's not too late to build a tornado wall around Kansas and make Mexico pay for it :)

Once again a Democrat Mayor refused to do what the President (and the Governor of Texas) warned him to do and is causing the deaths of people in his town. I think Democrats want to see death and destruction so they can blame it on whites.

Houston mayor defends decision not to issue evacuation order

460x1240.jpg

Houston mayor: No regrets about not evacuating - CNN Video

:lol:

Yet another partisan hack looking for internet "points" by pretending flood management has something to do with fricking political parties.

Hard to believe Harry..............

You're right. The ensuing catastrophe will be a result of the stupidity of locals who are to stupid to recognize several days of warning. Just like Katrina sloth.

Actually Katrina didn't give "several days" of warning. And I know that because I'm a Katrinite.
I had less than 40 hours.

How much time do you need? While a specific warning for NO may not have been as soon as the knowledge of Katrina was available, that knowledge of a hurricane in the gulf was far more than 40 hours. No one says leave, but you can make preparations so when the warning comes, you don't waste time doing what you could have already done.

"How much time I need" is irrelevant to the poster's blatantly ignorant claim that the path of a Gulf storm like Katrina can be predicted five fucking days in advance. Anyone who's ever lived anywhere near the Gulf knows what an unmitigated crock that is. Especially Katrina, which was notoriously unpredictable.

Moreover the presence of "a hurricane in the Gulf" doesn't mean it's coming "HERE". The current storm in Texas was "a hurricane in the Gulf" too. If everybody evacuated every time there was "a hurricane in the Gulf" they'd be driving back and forth continuously for three months.

And again -- it wasn't Katrina that devastated New Orleans. That came and went without much incident. It was the faulty levee system that gave way and brought the flooding after the storm was long gone. I actually sat up all night with a battery-powered radio listening to it begin, via live reports from where I had evacuated 150 miles inland. Those who didn't evacuate and were not in a flood area, including my neighbors on my street, got through without incident. A flood wall breach can't be predicted, especially not five fucking days out.

In other words had the levees not breached under the same storm, there would have been no basis for armchair wags to sit on the internet whining about "who didn't evacuate", because the storm itself didn't do all that -- the flooding did.

Again, I could sit here and "predict", on the basis of no info at all, that the Chicago Cubs will lose their game on May 5 2023 by a score of 5-3. If that day comes and that actually happens, it doesn't mean I'm freaking Karnak. It means I was lucky to hit on a coincidence. There's no basis to predict that. What we have here is a poster as usual pulling it out of his ass to try to score "points" on a message board.

"There's a big storm comin', Martha. Let's be prudently intelligent. Grab the photos and the cash and let's head for Burning Man."

I was using your statement that there wasn't enough time. There was plenty. For you to make a statement of there was only under 40 implies that it wasn't enough time. Take that up with the other guy.

Once again for those of you in the Illiterate section --- nowhere did I say or imply there wasn't "enough". If there hadn't been "enough" then what the fuck was I doing evacuating on a contraflowed freeway?

Fucking DUH.

Its just sad and I can't wait to donate and help these people

Worry not - you are donating already, we all are. :)
Too late my ass, this country can not afford, year after year after year after year after year of financing states who refused to adhere to Environmental information that was giving years in advance and like it or not perhaps its time to UNDO SOME OF THE DAMAGE AND GIVE BACK THE LAND NEEDED TO SUSTAIN WATER DAMAGE LIKE THIS.

Once again for those of you in the Illiterate section --- nowhere did I say or imply there wasn't "enough". If there hadn't been "enough" then what the fuck was I doing evacuating on a contraflowed freeway?

Fucking DUH.

If there was enough time, why didn't all those that stayed get out?

Despite all the bad things that happened with Katrina, one didn't occur. It didn't wash you out to sea.

Forum List

Back