Democrat Neighbor Electrocuted THEN Charged with Trespassing

Interesting, if real (not staged) then he got what he deserved however if real the homeowner would be facing charges and a civil law suit also for intentionally booby trapping the sign..........

If a person sets up such a trap to protect his/her property, he/she will be liable for any injury or death even to an unwanted intruder such as a burglar. It is illegal to set a booby trap on one's own property to prevent intruders.

Booby Traps Law & Legal Definition

If he was electrocuted I think he would be dead it might be more accurate to say he received an electric shock no big deal just an observation. That said pretty funny if not staged as previous poster pointed out.

Interesting, if real (not staged) then he got what he deserved however if real the homeowner would be facing charges and a civil law suit also for intentionally booby trapping the sign..........

If a person sets up such a trap to protect his/her property, he/she will be liable for any injury or death even to an unwanted intruder such as a burglar. It is illegal to set a booby trap on one's own property to prevent intruders.

Getting a minor shock isnt an "injury". He cant be sued for that.

That's not the point, the point is booby trapping personal property for any reason is illegal. I suspect the video is staged (and funny) but why open yourself to a potential law suit and, or criminal charges unless one is seriously stupid? :dunno:

That's not the point, the point is booby trapping personal property for any reason is illegal. I suspect the video is staged (and funny) but why open yourself to a potential law suit and, or criminal charges unless one is seriously stupid? :dunno:
The law clearly states that he is liable IF the person is injured. He has no injury, therefore he isn't liable.

The law clearly states that he is liable IF the person is injured. He has no injury, therefore he isn't liable.
Ya should have read further..........
It is illegal to set a booby trap on one's own property to prevent intruders.

No ifs, ands or buts included in that statement. Oops........

Also, what if one of the younger neighborhood kids had come on the property (just being a kid) and received the shock, the owner would most likely be in jail and the parents suing the crap out of him..... And in this era of litigation would most likely win.

Also, what if one of the younger neighborhood kids had come on the property (just being a kid) and received the shock, the owner would most likely be in jail and the parents suing the crap out of him..... And in this era of litigation would most likely win.

Stealing is "just being a kid"?

Yeah, it's illegal but it shouldn't be.
Here's one reason it is:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...-with-trespassing.532016/page-2#post-15421808
Now I have on many occasion wished I could booby trap my house and yard so I completely understand the sentiment, heck, I joke about concertina wire and claymores all the time. I'm simply attempting to inform those that might not know this what the risks are if they decide to do something this illegal.

Missed the point due to stupidity or intentionally being obtuse? :dunno:

Here's one reason it is:
Now I have on many occasion wished I could booby trap my house and yard so I completely understand the sentiment, heck, I joke about concertina wire and claymores all the time. I'm simply attempting to inform those that might not know this what the risks are if they decide to do something this illegal.

That isn't a reason it shouldn't be. A mild electric shock is far less than a thief and vandal deserves. I acknowledged that it was illegal, I just said that it shouldn't be.

No, your whole point was that a kid gets the shock. How does the kid get the shock if he isn't trying to take the sign? Wtf is some little rug rat doing in my yard anyway? Keep your kids out of my yard.

Here's one reason it is:

That isn't a reason it shouldn't be. A mild electric shock is far less than a thief and vandal deserves. I acknowledged that it was illegal, I just said that it shouldn't be.
And I agreed with you. So what's your beef? :dunno:

No, your whole point was that a kid gets the shock. How does the kid get the shock if he isn't trying to take the sign? Wtf is some little rug rat doing in my yard anyway? Keep your kids out of my yard.
That's as far as you can see??!!! Tell me that isn't so, tell me you're not that clueless...........

Forum List

Back