🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democratic Debate Thread

I have no issue with 70% tax rate for the top 5-10%.

also your post has no link. I doubt anyone said abortion for men, or take guns away, but no one in the US should have an assault weapon, if you want to fire one join the military.

And yeah you are saying that because you are a gop-her.

Dear Penelope:
I could understand if you were in the top 5-10% and your whole group
AGREED to be taxed at a higher rate.

But if you object to other people making policies for you,
that's where this disagreement is coming from.

Taxation has to represent the people being taxed in order to be REPRESENTATIVE.

Govt cannot punish people by taking away income, labor, liberty or property
UNLESS there is DUE PROCESS to PROVE they owe some penalty or payment for something.

Creating more wealth is NOT A CRIME to be punished,
just like BEING POOR is not a crime that merits losing rights or equal protections under law.

Penelope my concern is that we be consistent:
if "being poor" is not justification for making laws that target poor people
then "being wealthy" is not justification for making laws that target rich people either!

We should craft laws where the people ABUSING laws to STEAL or COST taxpayers
for CRIME, CORRUPTION or VIOLATIONS are the ones compelled to pay back taxpayers.
NOT PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMITTED NO WRONGS.

Yes I know, as we do not pay taxes now, or is it patriotic to pay taxes. The poor lose rights, the rich get them. That is the way it is, and I do not care if you believe it or not. There is no stealing involved , its the law of the land.
All they need to do is make a new bracket at the top , like they have done in the past. The rich were going broke which is why tramp and the pubs lowered the taxes. BS.

Now they want to take away social programs and have been. They won't be happy till all of the middle income are slaves to wait hand and mouth to the rich elite like tramp. Do you want to wipe his arse, it sounds like you do.

Dear Penelope
We can all agree to pay taxes.
That's not what I am asking about.

What I question is why impose HIGHER TAXES than normal
on a group just because they generate more revenue.
Paying the same amount as others would ALREADY GENERATE MORE TAX REVENUE
because the amounts are already higher.

Why not do this instead:
1. REDUCE govt waste so that the same amount of taxes can pay for the reforms needed
instead of raising taxes on ANYONE
2. REWARD taxpayers with TAX BREAKS for INVESTING in health care solutions
such as health care cooperatives that are our BEST chance at universal care and Medicare coverage for all
3. Give taxpayers the option of directing taxes toward MEDICAL services as an equal alternative to MILITARY services

Why aren't these other options looked at
that would reduce taxes for everyone instead of
trying to take "shortcuts" by just increasing taxes on one group?

A. Penelope would you agree to raise taxes on YOUR tax bracket
to pay for the benefits of people in the tax bracket below yours?

B. If you would, then why not go ahead and pay that extra money
directly into benefits programs to help that group?

C. If your point is to do this uniformly through Govt, then why
not set it up as TAX BREAKS where money YOU or anyone in the
higher tax brackets INVESTS in universal care through cooperatives
gets 100% TAX DEDUCTIONS. Why not do it that way so all people have
equal choice to pay taxes VOLUNTARILY and still make sure the money
is going toward sustainable health care that isn't dictated through federal govt
where it loses the cost savings benefits and freedom of choice that cooperatives offer.

also your post has no link. I doubt anyone said abortion for men, or take guns away, but no one in the US should have an assault weapon, if you want to fire one join the military.

Dear Penelope:
I could understand if you were in the top 5-10% and your whole group
AGREED to be taxed at a higher rate.

But if you object to other people making policies for you,
that's where this disagreement is coming from.

Taxation has to represent the people being taxed in order to be REPRESENTATIVE.

Govt cannot punish people by taking away income, labor, liberty or property
UNLESS there is DUE PROCESS to PROVE they owe some penalty or payment for something.

Creating more wealth is NOT A CRIME to be punished,
just like BEING POOR is not a crime that merits losing rights or equal protections under law.

Penelope my concern is that we be consistent:
if "being poor" is not justification for making laws that target poor people
then "being wealthy" is not justification for making laws that target rich people either!

We should craft laws where the people ABUSING laws to STEAL or COST taxpayers
for CRIME, CORRUPTION or VIOLATIONS are the ones compelled to pay back taxpayers.
NOT PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMITTED NO WRONGS.

Yes I know, as we do not pay taxes now, or is it patriotic to pay taxes. The poor lose rights, the rich get them. That is the way it is, and I do not care if you believe it or not. There is no stealing involved , its the law of the land.
All they need to do is make a new bracket at the top , like they have done in the past. The rich were going broke which is why tramp and the pubs lowered the taxes. BS.

Now they want to take away social programs and have been. They won't be happy till all of the middle income are slaves to wait hand and mouth to the rich elite like tramp. Do you want to wipe his arse, it sounds like you do.

And you think this is a good thing?
You ever get a job from a poor man?

"The rich were going broke which is why tramp and the pubs lowered the taxes. BS."

Only if there is a financial incentive to do so.

What is your financial incentive. To make a living. Not to make a killing.

They're already making a living.
Why bother expanding their business if they wont make any money?

Why did Tramp expand his business when he wasn't making any money???

It's called potential to make money dumbass. It's a certainty you wont make money if the gov is going to steal 70% of it.
Something a liberal wouldnt understand.

What she is too stupid to understand is that the top 1 percent can range anywhere from just over 225,000 to over 550,000 depending on the State.
Why should 70 percent be taken away? That does not include state or local. For those who make significantly more, by the time you calculate ALL taxes it could be around 80 percent

Thank you ILOVEISRAEL and HereWeGoAgain

Would you support a joint coalition or lobbying effort of citizens and advocates
from both LEFT AND RIGHT, prochoice and prolife, demanding 100% tax deductions
on either donations or investments/loans made into COOPERATIVE HEALTH CARE
as long as the services paid for are AT COST. (If there is profit involved in the
programs or services, the tax deduction can be reduced proportionally to reflect
this and REWARD investments/donations made toward nonprofit health care at cost)

How else can we teach and promote a BETTER WAY to pay for health care
that DOESN'T require raising taxes or depending on govt mandates and controls?

How can we teach this publicly that Cooperatives can provide at cost nonprofit health care,
negotiate medicare pricing without going through govt or insurance (but paying providers
directly so they don't lose money but save on admin costs by avoiding claims and nonpayment losses)
by only requiring groups of 1500 to organize networks of local providers in order to get services AT COST.
www.medcoops.com
www.medcoops.net

If cooperative structures can do this for health care, couldn't
this structure be applied to other areas to stop overreliance on federal govt?

A 70% tax rate is slavery....do you understand that? A forced 50% tax rate is a crime too......but that is why people like you use mass graves...anyone who resists goes in the ground.

A 70% tax rate is slavery....do you understand that? A forced 50% tax rate is a crime too......but that is why people like you use mass graves...anyone who resists goes in the ground.

I doubt if you will have to concern yourself with it.

Only if there is a financial incentive to do so.

It's called potential to make money dumbass. It's a certainty you wont make money if the gov is going to steal 70% of it.

What she is too stupid to understand is that the top 1 percent can range anywhere from just over 225,000 to over 550,000 depending on the State.
Why should 70 percent be taken away? That does not include state or local. For those who make significantly more, by the time you calculate ALL taxes it could be around 80 percent

Obviously you do not understand the tax system. If you did you would not ask such stupid questions.

It's hilarious the the second poster in the thread denied that all these things happened in the debate. It's so bad, you have to deny what anyone can see/hear with a google search.

Yes. Abortion rights for men, aka "reproductive justice", was a central issue.

I actually rechecked CNN/MSNBC version of the debate to make sure that wasn't being SPOOFED by some conservative website altering the sound and video.

Thank you ILOVEISRAEL and HereWeGoAgain

Would you support a joint coalition or lobbying effort of citizens and advocates
from both LEFT AND RIGHT, prochoice and prolife, demanding 100% tax deductions
on either donations or investments/loans made into COOPERATIVE HEALTH CARE
as long as the services paid for are AT COST. (If there is profit involved in the
programs or services, the tax deduction can be reduced proportionally to reflect
this and REWARD investments/donations made toward nonprofit health care at cost)

How else can we teach and promote a BETTER WAY to pay for health care
that DOESN'T require raising taxes or depending on govt mandates and controls?

How can we teach this publicly that Cooperatives can provide at cost nonprofit health care,
negotiate medicare pricing without going through govt or insurance (but paying providers
directly so they don't lose money but save on admin costs by avoiding claims and nonpayment losses)
by only requiring groups of 1500 to organize networks of local providers in order to get services AT COST.
www.medcoops.com
www.medcoops.net

If cooperative structures can do this for health care, couldn't
this structure be applied to other areas to stop overreliance on federal govt?

There are all kinds of co ops already out there.
Farm co ops,electricity co ops etc...
There are also medical co ops usually ran by religious groups.

Whether this is the answer for the general public I cant really say.

Obviously you do not understand the tax system. If you did you would not ask such stupid questions.

What is funny about this is that many liberal athletes have a real conundrum. On one hand, they want to support liberal policies but on the other, they will get absolutely killed on taxes. Liberals typicall are cool with free stuff as long as it doesn't affect them directly. One look at feminist wormen raising a big stink about transgender athletes in women's sports is enough to see just how hypocritical they can be. They don't seem to care when only white, hetero males are affected by their lunatic policies.

To recap, a doctor who earns $300,000 per year after 20+ years of education and lots of debt can only hope to take home $131,000 based on this 70% marginal tax rate.

Nobody will EVER be a doctor. EVER!!!

You shouldn’t show your knowledge level, it’s telling. Learn what marginal rate means. After a certain level that incremental income is taxed at that rate. So the first $100k @ 30% then the next $50k at 50% and anything over $150k at 70% would be an example. That doesn’t generate the math you just came up with. I’m not for a 70% top rate nor starting the steep increase at $100k but I am for a much higher rate than it is at top income levels.
That's not what she said.

You shouldn't talk about "knowledge level".

Let's look at the figures based on your percentages above, shall we?

First $100,000 @ 30% = $70,000
Next $50,000 @ 50% = $25,000
Last $150,000 @ 70% = $45,000
TOTAL: $140,000

Congratulations. You just added a whopping $9,000 to what I said before, Mr. Knowledge Level!!!

:laughing0301:

I just made up those numbers because they were easy for you to do the math. Seemed like you needed it easy. The reality is that it’s zero on the first $30k on up. Blends much lower than $9k at that level.

It's hilarious the the second poster in the thread denied that all these things happened in the debate. It's so bad, you have to deny what anyone can see/hear with a google search.

Yes. Abortion rights for men, aka "reproductive justice", was a central issue.

I actually rechecked CNN/MSNBC version of the debate to make sure that wasn't being SPOOFED by some conservative website altering the sound and video.

One assumes he actually meant "transgender male", since a "trans female" would actually be a biological male pretending to be a girl, and would have no need for an abortion. For someone trying to be a champion of this special interest group, he doesn't seem very current on the terminology.

You are the one who is stupid. Bernie Sanders stated during the debate he intends to impose a 70 percent tax bracket. What is it that you don’t understand? As I have previously stated; that does NOT include State or Local . He even wants to raise taxes on the Middle Class. Why should we foot the bills for Illegals, SHERI ????

Since when are gophers concerned about the debt, they aren't and you should not be. They are only concerned when the Democrats are in office, not when they vote themselves in a huge tax cut.
Why do I not need to be concerned about unsustainable national debt?

Just because the dog-shit GOP doesn't care about it does not mean I shouldn't.

Did you assume that I am a Republican?

To recap, a doctor who earns $300,000 per year after 20+ years of education and lots of debt can only hope to take home $131,000 based on this 70% marginal tax rate.

You shouldn’t show your knowledge level, it’s telling. Learn what marginal rate means. After a certain level that incremental income is taxed at that rate. So the first $100k @ 30% then the next $50k at 50% and anything over $150k at 70% would be an example. That doesn’t generate the math you just came up with. I’m not for a 70% top rate nor starting the steep increase at $100k but I am for a much higher rate than it is at top income levels.

Congratulations. You just added a whopping $9,000 to what I said before, Mr. Knowledge Level!!!

I just made up those numbers because they were easy for you to do the math. Seemed like you needed it easy. The reality is that it’s zero on the first $30k on up. Blends much lower than $9k at that level.
Well, I calculated it at $118,000 at 35%, and the rest at 70%. That gave me $131,000 net.

Did you just assume I made all that shit up?

You are the one who is stupid. Bernie Sanders stated during the debate he intends to impose a 70 percent tax bracket. What is it that you don’t understand? As I have previously stated; that does NOT include State or Local . He even wants to raise taxes on the Middle Class. Why should we foot the bills for Illegals, SHERI ????
LOL you already are footing the bill for illegals, healthcare and everything. So you think the 1% will pay tax on 100% of their income. That is what you said.

Don't you have universal healthcare in Israel, yes you do, and they even pay for abortions. No wonder you love Israel.

According to Israel's tax reform tax is levied on personal basis, instead of the previous territorial basis, Israelis pay tax on all sources of income, in Israel and abroad. In 2019 Israel's corporate income tax rate is 23%. Individual income tax rates in 2019 are 10%-47%.
Israel Tax Laws Tax System 2019 - WorldWide-Tax.com

www.worldwide-tax.com/israel/israel_tax.asp

------------------------------

Federally Qualified Health Center
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is a reimbursement designation from the Bureau of Primary Health Care and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. This designation is significant for several health programs funded under the Health Center Consolidation Act (Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act).

An FQHC is a community-based organization that provides comprehensive primary care and preventive care, including health, oral, and mental health/substance abuse services to persons of all ages, regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status. Thus, they are a critical component of the health care safety net.[1] FQHCs are called Community/Migrant Health Centers (C/MHC), Community Health Centers (CHC), and 330 Funded Clinics. FQHCs are automatically designated as health professional shortage facilities.
------------------------------------------

Last edited:

LOL you already are footing the bill for illegals, healthcare and everything. So you think the 1% will pay tax on 100% of their income. That is what you said.

Don't you have universal healthcare in Israel, yes you do, and they even pay for abortions. No wonder you love Israel.

According to Israel's tax reform tax is levied on personal basis, instead of the previous territorial basis, Israelis pay tax on all sources of income, in Israel and abroad. In 2019 Israel's corporate income tax rate is 23%. Individual income tax rates in 2019 are 10%-47%.

A Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is a reimbursement designation from the Bureau of Primary Health Care and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. This designation is significant for several health programs funded under the Health Center Consolidation Act (Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act).

An FQHC is a community-based organization that provides comprehensive primary care and preventive care, including health, oral, and mental health/substance abuse services to persons of all ages, regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status. Thus, they are a critical component of the health care safety net.[1] FQHCs are called Community/Migrant Health Centers (C/MHC), Community Health Centers (CHC), and 330 Funded Clinics. FQHCs are automatically designated as health professional shortage facilities.

Yes, we are paying the bill for illegals which is disgusting. However Sanders wants FREE COLLEGE for EVERYONE which would include illegals.
Our Corporate tax rate WAS 35 percent, now it’s 23 Israel’s is like ours. Regarding Israel’s taxes; so what? Bernie wants them as high as 70 percent. Comparing that to Israel?
Regarding abortions, look at what’s going on in this Country. People favoring LATE TERM ABORTION up till 9 months! THAT is what you should be concerned about SHERI. You are too bigoted, racist and full of hate to know the difference

Last edited:

Well, I calculated it at $118,000 at 35%, and the rest at 70%. That gave me $131,000 net.

Did you just assume I made all that shit up?

Here you go....

For the “ Very Wealthy “ Federal tax was 39.6 percent; now it’s not much less( it’s 37. Not a big drop so what’s your problem, SHERI? The top one percent paid more ( ( 37.3 billion) then the bottom 90 percent 30.5 . Not enough for you? Too bad.
Do us all a favor, SHERI . Hold your breath until it happens.

Forum List

Back