The only thing a brit can own without a permit is a sub 12 ft lbs air rifle

Which is barely powerful enough to kill farmyard vermin
You can't get them .357 ones?
What about crossbows?

Thats really not true

In britian for instance you need the government’s permission to own a firearm

And you have to tell them why you want one
Sorry fake news.

If you want a shotgun, you don't need a reason, the police need a reason why you can't. So they check your police record, medical records, driving record for any dangerous offence, and a referee. Also, anyone else in your household over 18 they will interview. I believe 9 year olds own shotgun certificates, there's no age limit to using a shotgun, but just to buy.

If you want a firearm, long barreled hand gun, rifle, rimfire Uzi etc.. then you need a reason and two referees. So join a gun club, there's your reason.

I've never met any American know UK gun law, and I still haven't.

You can't get them .357 ones?
What about crossbows?
If it produces more than 12 ft lbs you need a permit

Which you may or may not be given

As for crossbows I dont know

The only thing a brit can own without a permit is a sub 12 ft lbs air rifle

Which is barely powerful enough to kill farmyard vermin
Please explain airgun laws in the UK, and the types of air rifle lb-age. One needs a certificate, which one.

Just getting my popcorn out.

If it produces more than 12 ft lbs you need a permit

Which you may or may not be given

As for crossbows I dont know
Hmm. I have a nice pellet gun. Not all pellet guns are created equal.

Now I'm curious as to the foot pounds.

OOo..they wouldn't like this pellet gun.

13.14 foot pounds.

Sorry fake news.

If you want a shotgun, you don't need a reason, the police need a reason why you can't. So they check your police record, medical records, driving record for any dangerous offence, and a referee. Also, anyone else in your household over 18 they will interview. I believe 9 year olds own shotgun certificates, there's no age limit to using a shotgun, but just to buy.

If you want a firearm, long barreled hand gun, rifle, rimfire Uzi etc.. then you need a reason and two referees. So join a gun club, there's your reason.

I've never met any American know UK gun law, and I still haven't.
You are the one passing semi fake news

While a shotgun permit is easier to obtain than a firearms lisc you still have to jump through hoops to prove that you are worthy of one and have a legitimate need

And the decision is totally up to the authorities

Hmm. I have a nice pellet gun. Not all pellet guns are created equal.

Now I'm curious as to the foot pounds.

OOo..they wouldn't like this pellet gun.

13.14 foot pounds.
13.4 is on the low end of power for air rifles in the US

15-20 ft lbs is more common

And some are powerful enough to kill a deer at 50 yds

But brits can only dream of guns like that

Uhm..Democommies indoctrinating 2 generations to be spoiled little tantrum-throwing apathetic quasi-state-babies has something to do with increased violence in the country.
There is a higher percentage of self-entitlement and lack of discipline in the 2020s as compared to previous decades.

You are the one passing semi fake news

While a shotgun permit is easier to obtain than a firearms lisc you still have to jump through hoops to prove that you are worthy of one and have a legitimate need

And the decision is totally up to the authorities

Nope, you're still passing fake news. I knew the popcorn would come in handy.

These newspaper articles are always written for the bakes in society, even the journalists don't know what's going on. When you've gone through the process of owning shotguns and you chat to the officers, you'll be surprised how many times the police are taken to court over gun issues. And if the law sides with the gun owner, then the police have to concede.

As the police told me, they need to find a reason, hence the areas that they check (already mentioned them). In addition, they come back to check your cabinet is secure to a brick wall, it cannot be fixed to a plasterboard stud wall. And do you know what the officer said? If you pass all those checks, he goes out with the shotgun certificate, and if your cabinet is secure, he produces the certificate because he wants to see you sign it.

In idle chat with the officer, I was getting the certificate for clay and pheasant shoots. He said he never bothered owning shotguns, lol.

Sorry to piss on your parade.

Don't worry, I've never met an American that's not into UK gun misinformation.

A man was shot and killed inside a Dallas Gamestop store by a suspect who should have been in jail already

But thanks to feckless democrat politicians and judges this hoodlum was free on a $500 bond for 3 weapons violations just weeks ago

Democrats are promoting gun violence and then using the murders as an excuse to confiscate weapons from honest citizens

That is a lie!

Nope, you're still passing fake news. I knew the popcorn would come in handy.

These newspaper articles are always written for the bakes in society, even the journalists don't know what's going on. When you've gone through the process of owning shotguns and you chat to the officers, you'll be surprised how many times the police are taken to court over gun issues. And if the law sides with the gun owner, then the police have to concede.

As the police told me, they need to find a reason, hence the areas that they check (already mentioned them). In addition, they come back to check your cabinet is secure to a brick wall, it cannot be fixed to a plasterboard stud wall. And do you know what the officer said? If you pass all those checks, he goes out with the shotgun certificate, and if your cabinet is secure, he produces the certificate because he wants to see you sign it.

In idle chat with the officer, I was getting the certificate for clay and pheasant shoots. He said he never bothered owning shotguns, lol.

Sorry to piss on your parade.

Don't worry, I've never met an American that's not into UK gun misinformation.
If you dont trust the BBC who can you trust?

You have been crushed by the state and you dont even know it

If you dont trust the BBC who can you trust?

You have been crushed by the state and you dont even know it
Sorry cupcake, keep trying, keeps me entertained.

The article states more difficult for a firearm. Yes, you need a good specific reason, you hold a gun club membership as an example. Not so for a shotgun, if asked, you've been clay pigeon shooting a few times and you want to use your own shotgun.

The local police can make an informed judgement, the chief officer is responsible in issuing the licence, because they need to make sure all the checks are performed.

What did the small arms survey say about unregistered guns, you failed to mention that. Don't tell me, you honestly thought everyone went through the certificate/licencing process :laughing0301:

You failed to mention the gun killing charts, why's that?

In NI, your reason can be self defence. In the rest of the UK, that's a no, you have to default to the reasonable force law if a gun is used against someone, but it can't be a reason to own one. You would have to live in a dangerous society to have the mentality you want to shoot someone. Oh, I see why NI and the US use that reason.

Forum List

Back