Democrats once again pick battles that will cost us....do they ever learn??

I understand where you are coming from, and the Lord knows, we will probably lose in 2020 as you state, but the concern that people will not respond or be counted in the census is a real concern.... the Census is suppose to be the count of everyone, legal immigrants, citizens, illegals as a total, with no distinction between green card holders, illegals, or citizens...

and putting this in there, is likely a guarantee that all the people in our nation will not be counted.

It is important to have an accurate count of the people living in each State, immigrants and citizens, because this is how the Constitution allots how many congressmen each state gets, and how many electors each state gets, and how certain funds are allotted....
I don't think anyone that pays taxes gives a shit.

Tell someone that cares.
so you don't care about what the constitution says???
The Constitution DOESN'T say that.

"The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

The lawyers and judges made it say that.

Sort of like how they read privacy into it, to read that women can kill their unborn babies. And they read that militia means individuals have the private right to own guns.

Do you understand? :20:

How is it fair to citizens that law breaking invaders can dilute the representation of citizens in States that don't have as many of these invading border jumpers?

Of course it isn't fair. Stop being obtuse. It's all about money and power.

I understand where you are coming from, and the Lord knows, we will probably lose in 2020 as you state, but the concern that people will not respond or be counted in the census is a real concern.... the Census is suppose to be the count of everyone, legal immigrants, citizens, illegals as a total, with no distinction between green card holders, illegals, or citizens...

and putting this in there, is likely a guarantee that all the people in our nation will not be counted.

It is important to have an accurate count of the people living in each State, immigrants and citizens, because this is how the Constitution allots how many congressmen each state gets, and how many electors each state gets, and how certain funds are allotted....

Tell someone that cares.

"The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

Sort of like how they read privacy into it, to read that women can kill their unborn babies. And they read that militia means individuals have the private right to own guns.

How is it fair to citizens that law breaking invaders can dilute the representation of citizens in States that don't have as many of these invading border jumpers?

Since our creation, censuses have been a count for all residents... not tax payers, not for just citizens, not for the draft etc...

there is no law against asking the question about citizenship other than notifying congress of the questions so many years in advance,

from what I can tell, it simply will make the actual constitutionally mandated census counts, subject to being inaccurate

the census can not be used by the gvt for any purpose other than the census itself, their privacy is protected by the Law.... so the president can not use it for INS or ICE purposes, and likely a campaign trying to inform communities will arise to ease any illegal's nervousness in responding to it or they will simply lie and say they are citizens??? I dunno??

Why Jefferson, Madison and the Founders Enshrined the Census in our Constitution
The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2). The Founders of our fledgling nation had a bold and ambitious plan to empower the people over their new government. The plan was to count every person living in the newly created United States of America, and to use that count to determine representation in the Congress.

Enshrining this invention in our Constitution marked a turning point in world history. Previously censuses had been used mainly to tax or confiscate property or to conscript youth into military service. The genius of the Founders was taking a tool of government and making it a tool of political empowerment for the governed over their government.

They accomplished that goal in 1790 and our country has every 10 years since then. In 1954, Congress codified earlier census acts and all other statutes authorizing the decennial census as Title 13, U.S. Code. Title 13, U.S. Code, does not specify which subjects or questions are to be included in the decennial census. However, it does require the Census Bureau to notify Congress of general census subjects to be addressed 3 years before the decennial census and the actual questions to be asked 2 years before the decennial census.

What is the Census?

Care4all said:
There Goes Mexifornia !!

So you think you should get congressmen because you harbor illegals? That’s fucked up.

The Census has never been based on the number of citizens, but rather the number of people.

Tell someone that cares.

You nailed it perfectly, MisterBeale........

14355138_1242881365753259_8563031703004892139_n.jpg

The Constitutional purpose of the census is to count CITIZENS, for the purpose of allocating representation in the House of Representatives and in the Electoral College. To count noncitizens, including invading foreign criminals, without distinguishing them from citizens, and using that count for this purpose, is a blatant violation of the Constitution and of the right of citizens to be properly represented in government.

I agree 1000% with all you said, but you know and I know, illegals will not partake in such a serious data collective process, and its those households we need to target. I am not a hater of immigration, I don't hate hispanics, latino's etc....but the impact these people are putting on low income communities are devastating local resources, overwhelming all the low skilled jobs, completely devouring teen summer jobs, its too much. Something has to be done. I am all in with Trump and what he wants.

Democrats worked hard to flood the nation with millions of illegal immigrants. They should get to harvest the rewards of
cheating the American people.

It's not Democrats who refuse to prosecute employers. It's not Democrats who starve the government of funds to upgrade its Social Security records. It's not Democrats that refuse to require employers to e-verify SS numbers.
ITS CORPORATE AMERICA WITH TRUMP AND HIS VEGAS HOTELS AND CLUBS LEADING THE WAY.

Democrats worked hard to flood the nation with millions of illegal immigrants. They should get to harvest the rewards of
cheating the American people.
I can assure you, 100% of the illegals in this country all work for some conservative corporate entity

So you think you should get congressmen because you harbor illegals? That’s fucked up.
that's the way it was designed in the constitution, from all that I have read up on it.
You will have to prove to me that illegals should be represented buy congresscritters according to the constitution. I would like to see it.
ALL RESIDENTS must be counted... citizens or not...

As mandated by the U.S. Constitution, our nation gets just one chance each decade to count its population. The U.S. census counts every resident in the United States. It is mandated by Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution and takes place every 10 years. The data collected by the census determine the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives (a process called apportionment) and is also used to distribute billions in federal funds to local communities.

About the 2020 Census

I don't think the founders ever assumed that there would be people living here who did not belong here.

The resident usage was to allow for slaves to be counted, even if at only 3/5ths of a "person"

I agree 1000% with all you said, but you know and I know, illegals will not partake in such a serious data collective process, and its those households we need to target. I am not a hater of immigration, I don't hate hispanics, latino's etc....but the impact these people are putting on low income communities are devastating local resources, overwhelming all the low skilled jobs, completely devouring teen summer jobs, its too much. Something has to be done. I am all in with Trump and what he wants.
I agree with you as well, on how it hurts lower skilled Americans with jobs.

But if they (the illegals) do not get counted, then all the other citizens that are impoverished or in their neighborhoods, will get HURT in a major way... the money that flows to cities and the needy will be reduced greatly, hurting citizens that have no part in the illegals being there... the most, is my concern...

because State govts will still need to provide the schooling for them, city hospitals will still provide emergency room care, and other things, where funds are gotten and given, based on the city's or impoverished area's total head count.

Last edited:

that's the way it was designed in the constitution, from all that I have read up on it.
You will have to prove to me that illegals should be represented buy congresscritters according to the constitution. I would like to see it.

As mandated by the U.S. Constitution, our nation gets just one chance each decade to count its population. The U.S. census counts every resident in the United States. It is mandated by Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution and takes place every 10 years. The data collected by the census determine the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives (a process called apportionment) and is also used to distribute billions in federal funds to local communities.

About the 2020 Census

I don't think the founders ever assumed that there would be people living here who did not belong here.

The resident usage was to allow for slaves to be counted, even if at only 3/5ths of a "person"

sure they did.... near any and everyone, was allowed to be here at the time of colonization, we needed people at the time.... so maybe they did not foresee a day when that would not be the case?

About the 2020 Census

sure they did.... near any and everyone, was allowed to be here at the time of colonization, we needed people at the time.... so maybe they did not foresee a day when that would not be the case?

That's the point I am trying to make.

A person with a green card, here legally, is a resident.

Someone here illegally is not.

Forum List

Back