Democrats taking firm control of government

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Not only will Obama be the president, but the Democratic Party has solidified its control of government and will probably have 55 Senators and pick up another 14 seats in the House.

Elizabeth Dole is out and there isn't a single republican congressperson left in New England.

The Republican Party is at a crossroads and their only way forward is to catch up with America's changing demographics.

Not only will Obama be the president, but the Democratic Party has solidified its control of government and will probably have 55 Senators and pick up another 14 seats in the House.

Elizabeth Dole is out and there isn't a single republican congressperson left in New England.

The Republican Party is at a crossroads and their only way forward is to catch up with America's changing demographics.

Actually at least 56 with a chance for 4 more. Though likely 58-59.

And I love the fact New England no longer has one single republican congressperson.

Actually at least 56 with a chance for 4 more. Though likely 58-59.

And I love the fact New England no longer has one single republican congressperson.

They don't really need to get to 60 to solidify their power because several moderate republicans will be voting with them .. and Joe Lieberman will be looking to make friends.

This is a historic day for democrats who now have the reins of government thrust on them because of republican failures more than due to accomplishments of their own.

Now, with all this power, they'd better figure out the accomplishment thing.

Nina Easton believes that George Bush was such a terrible president that he forced this country to the left and that we are now a center-left country. Will be interesting to see.

Nina Easton believes that George Bush was such a terrible president that he forced this country to the left and that we are now a center-left country. Will be interesting to see.

I think more center than left .. but as you've said, we'll see.

Keep in mind though, the popular vote was relatively close.

I think more center than left .. but as you've said, we'll see.

Keep in mind though, the popular vote was relatively close.

I think you are right on. The country has been center-right for a while. President ahs changed that and shoved the country right onto the center line. This wasn't a landslide, but it wasn't close. It will be interesting to see what Pelosi does with her "mandate."

I think you are right on. The country has been center-right for a while. President ahs changed that and shoved the country right onto the center line. This wasn't a landslide, but it wasn't close. It will be interesting to see what Pelosi does with her "mandate."

I just noticed that you're from Illinois .. Illinois has a long and cherished history of black emancipation and being in the forefront of electing and producing black leadership. I don't any state has the history of electing black US Senators as does Illinois.

I know you didn't support him, but the unprecedented scene in Chicago tonight must have made you feel good about your state.

I just noticed that you're from Illinois .. Illinois has a long and cherished history of black emancipation and being in the forefront of electing and producing black leadership. I don't any state has the history of electing black US Senators as does Illinois.

I know you didn't support him, but the unprecedented scene in Chicago tonight must have made you feel good about your state.

It did. We have a fine tradition of producing great Presidents. Lincoln(though born in Kentucky) and Reagan(born, raised, and educated in Illinois). Hopefully Obama will fill the shoes that these men left. We have a fine tradition here. I have an optimistic hope that Obama will transcend the Chicago politics in which he was politically born. I voted for him for Senate in '04 and I would have done so again in '10. He has done us proud. We are proud of him. It is only fitting the first African-American elected to this is office is from the 'Land of Lincoln.'

In 2 years we'll see a move back to a Repudlican congress. Similar to Slick willy's third year.

A bunch of out of control Dimocrats with the checkbook will make sure of that

It did. We have a fine tradition of producing great Presidents. Lincoln(though born in Kentucky) and Reagan(born, raised, and educated in Illinois). Hopefully Obama will fill the shoes that these men left. We have a fine tradition here. I have an optimistic hope that Obama will transcend the Chicago politics in which he was politically born. I voted for him for Senate in '04 and I would have done so again in '10. He has done us proud. We are proud of him. It is only fitting the first African-American elected to this is office is from the 'Land of Lincoln.'

I could not agree with you more .. Illinois deserves that honor more than anyother state in America.

Illinois has been front and center in the struggle since the days of the Underground Railroad.

Congratulations Illinois.

In 2 years we'll see a move back to a Repudlican congress. Similar to Slick willy's third year.

Thats a fact ... read my lips !!!! Hahaha

Center left is also agreed ... Bush did a number on not only the country.

You keep holding onto that thought real tight .. but unless the Republican Party figures out how to adapt to America's changing demographics, it could be a very long wait.

Last night republicans and McCain consistently won the white vote and lost the election.

As long as your party remains tailored to white men only, you lose.

Besides, we've had 8 years of out of control dumb ass republicans with a checkbook .. what's your point?

Last edited:

You wishful thinkers crack me up. Isn't this the same thing that happened to the Dems in 96 and 2000? They got put out for being worthless. It's cyclical. It'll happen again.

Especially considering the 2006 Congress's penchant for promising the world and delivering nothing. Come January, it'll back to business as usual except Obama will have to try and push his tax plan which in the end will just screw the middle class, just like THAT happened last time too.

Y'all need to get your head out of the clouds.:lol:

You wishful thinkers crack me up. Isn't this the same thing that happened to the Dems in 96 and 2000? They got put out for being worthless. It's cyclical. It'll happen again.

Especially considering the 2006 Congress's penchant for promising the world and delivering nothing. Come January, it'll back to business as usual except Obama will have to try and push his tax plan which in the end will just screw the middle class, just like THAT happened last time too.

and without much opposition so its dangerous.

Let those who so desire have their few moments of euphoria. It will wear off soon enough. Reality has a way of smacking everyone in the butt sooner or later.

I have no doubt that there will be some shining moments for the newly elected administration but I am just as certain that there will be some very dark and dismal moments as well.

After the stomping republicans took yesterday, perhaps you should spend more time pulling republican heads out of their asses.

What your failed party is facing is rapidly changing demographics and you have no appeal to much of anybody but white men and some of their spouses.

AS the demographics continue to change .. you'll continue to shrink.

What is republican identity now .. maybe 32%? :lol:

Sounds like a mandate :lol:

Last edited:
After the stomping republicans took yesterday, perhaps you should spend more time pulling republican heads out of their asses.

What your failed party is fcing is rapidly changing demographics and you have no appeal to much of anybody but white men and some of their spouses.

AS the demographics continue to change .. you'll continue to shrink.

What is republican identity now .. maybe 32%? :lol:

Sounds like a mandate :lol:

No racism there, eh?

Such comments (and I have seen a few from this poster) lead me to suspect that perhaps this election was more about race than anything else. I was mistakenly thinking it was about handouts.

You keep holding onto that thought real tight .. but unless the Republican Party figures out how to adapt to America's changing demographics, it could be a very long wait.

Last night republicans and McCain consistently won the white vote and lost the election.

As long as your party remains tailored to white men only, you lose.

Besides, we've had 8 years of out of control dumb ass republicans with a checkbook .. what's your point?

check your facts

DImmies controlled the congress the last 2 years

Forum List

Back