🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrats Trying to Outlaw Right To Work Laws

I simply do not believe that I should have to join a union to get a job. Unions, when they get a little power. can be rough to live with. You lose your freedom.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have applied for a Represented job to begin with. You knew when you applied, or at least when you interviewed, thst it was a Union job. You accepted the position. Deal with it.

Some of us not only chose to be in a Union, we worked to Unionize our previously non-Represented department. Why would we do that? Maybe because we can see the destructive changes which the Company is about to implement that will hurt both us AND the Company.

Unions are not a Panacea, but expecting the Company to put your best interest before anything is equally stupid.

I’ve worked for my employer as a Contractor, a Non-Represented (Management) employee, and a Union member. There is no amount of money or set of benefits the Company could offer me to take a non-Union position.
Your opinion is noted. Why should I be forced to join a union is still the question, yes? If you want to join a union, good for you. Do it. Funny how you, who do not have to meet the payroll every week, can see how "destructive" changes will hurt you AND the company. High union wages, benefits and strikes are one reason why manufacturing had to move abroad to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Unions are why the US has little steel manufacturing any more.
Their pay demands also sent the auto manufacturers overseas.
Unions exploit workers for money.

Maybe union members should organize against their unions.
I had a union rep tell me that it was nothing personal between the union and me.
He said that the union was a business just like mine.

I simply do not believe that I should have to join a union to get a job. Unions, when they get a little power. can be rough to live with. You lose your freedom.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have applied for a Represented job to begin with. You knew when you applied, or at least when you interviewed, thst it was a Union job. You accepted the position. Deal with it.

Some of us not only chose to be in a Union, we worked to Unionize our previously non-Represented department. Why would we do that? Maybe because we can see the destructive changes which the Company is about to implement that will hurt both us AND the Company.

Unions are not a Panacea, but expecting the Company to put your best interest before anything is equally stupid.

I’ve worked for my employer as a Contractor, a Non-Represented (Management) employee, and a Union member. There is no amount of money or set of benefits the Company could offer me to take a non-Union position.
Your opinion is noted. Why should I be forced to join a union is still the question, yes? If you want to join a union, good for you. Do it. Funny how you, who do not have to meet the payroll every week, can see how "destructive" changes will hurt you AND the company. High union wages, benefits and strikes are one reason why manufacturing had to move abroad to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Unions are why the US has little steel manufacturing any more.
Their pay demands also sent the auto manufacturers overseas.
I was in the automobile business all my working life and agree with you,
although the VW plant that came to our country in 1980 closed due to one strike after another because they hired out of work steelworkers. And the workers produced poor-quality cars.

Half of the reason our industrial base ended up in China is that republicans really desperately wanted to break the political power of Labor. Was it worth it?
Please elaborate
Some on the left may believe it was merely less munificent management that was the problem.

Labor must be able to afford our first world economy.

US firms should have been taxed at the federal minimum wage rate regardless of where they get their labor. Uncle Sam needs his revenue.

Interesting . Thanks.

Half of the reason our industrial base ended up in China is that republicans really desperately wanted to break the political power of Labor. Was it worth it?

Less than 10% of the workforce is unionized. Ask the other 90%.
Ask them what? If you ask them if they are making enough to live on or if they are confident they will still have that job in 5 years or if they will ever get a decent raise the answer is no. Americans have been working crap jobs for shit wages and no future so long many think that's how it's supposed to be.

22 states have them and the Dems want to pass a Federal law to ban them. This would mean, if it passes, every worker in America would be forced to join a union in every shop which has one. Ya. the good ole dems don't like freedom of choice at all. I was in a union for 6 years, but I quit because the union kept giving my dues money to Bill Clinton, who I was vehemently opposed to. I wrote the union President about it and I never even got an answer.,

All the "right to work" for less laws have accomplished is flattening of wages, destruction of pensions, and diminishing worker rights and benefits.

I always laugh at opinions like this from "workers" because they're doing the owners dirty work for them.

Ask them what? If you ask them if they are making enough to live on or if they are confident they will still have that job in 5 years or if they will ever get a decent raise the answer is no. Americans have been working crap jobs for shit wages and no future so long many think that's how it's supposed to be.

Sorry my delusional leftist friend. One need only think of this to prove how wrong you are. 90% of the workers in this country have crap jobs for shit wages.
See how dumb you sound?

Sorry my delusional leftist friend. One need only think of this to prove how wrong you are. 90% of the workers in this country have crap jobs for shit wages.
See how dumb you sound?
I sound like I have been a member of the working class my entire life. Lately the Amazon fulfillment centers have been in the news. That's what an average American job looks like these days. High pressure, low wages and no future. Want better? Want to go to school? Welcome to some of the most soul crushing debt this side of a loan shark and no guarantees.

See how dumb you sound?
I sound like I have been a member of the working class my entire life. Lately the Amazon fulfillment centers have been in the news. That's what an average American job looks like these days. High pressure, low wages and no future. Want better? Want to go to school? Welcome to some of the most soul crushing debt this side of a loan shark and no guarantees.

You've been programmed to believe only those who work with their hands are workers. That's why you sound so foolish.

See how dumb you sound?

You've been programmed to believe only those who work with their hands are workers. That's why you sound so foolish.
People who earn just enough to maybe cover their expenses and have nothing left over to grow their wealth are generally considered working class.

See how dumb you sound?

People who earn just enough to maybe cover their expenses and have nothing left over to grow their wealth are generally considered working class.
Yes, I know what you've been programmed to believe.

When were you appointed to speak for all non-union workers, and who had the authority to make the appointment?

22 states have them and the Dems want to pass a Federal law to ban them. This would mean, if it passes, every worker in America would be forced to join a union in every shop which has one. Ya. the good ole dems don't like freedom of choice at all. I was in a union for 6 years, but I quit because the union kept giving my dues money to Bill Clinton, who I was vehemently opposed to. I wrote the union President about it and I never even got an answer.,

All the "right to work" for less laws have accomplished is flattening of wages, destruction of pensions, and diminishing worker rights and benefits.

I always laugh at opinions like this from "workers" because they're doing the owners dirty work for them.

YEAH ITS IN EVERY WORKERS BEST INTERESTS TO BE FORCED TO GIVE MONEY TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT FUNNELS THE MONEY TO DEMOCRATS REGARDLESS OF THE WORKERS' WISHES

See how dumb you sound?
Trade school. 2 years, minimal debt, come out with state and national certifications, and high-5-figure jobs on graduation.

TRIGGER WARNING: You'll get your hands dirty.

See how dumb you sound?

support working class.jpg

Forum List

Back