Dems raise taxes on the middle class !!

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
so much for the rich not paying their fair share !! it seems the middle class hasn't been paying enough either !! the senate bill which was forced upon us at the last minute forcing a minority of republicans 1/3 in the house to act to temporarily stave off an economic disaster raises taxes !!on 77% of Americans !! 95% of house dems voted for this bill !! THIS IS THE LIE OF THE LEFT !! AND THEY ARE GOING TO GO AFTER MORE !!THE LEFT FORCED REPUBS IN CONGRESS , AND AMERICANS TO EAT THIS !! DIRTY POLITICS AND LIES !! YEAH THEY JUST WANT THE RICH TO PAY MORE ...BULLSHIT!!

Last edited:
so much for the rich not paying their fair share !! it seems the middle class hasn't been paying enough either !! the senate bill which was forced upon us at the last minute forcing a minority of republicans 1/3 in the house to act to temporarily stave off an economic disaster raises taxes !!on 77% of Americans !! 95% of house dems voted for this bill !! THIS IS THE LIE OF THE LEFT !! AND THEY ARE GOING TO GO AFTER MORE !!THE LEFT FORCED REPUBS IN CONGRESS , AND AMERICANS TO EAT THIS !! DIRTY POLITICS AND LIES !! YEAH THEY JUST WANT THE RICH TO PAY MORE ...BULLSHIT!!
he signed a bill that raised taxes on everybody !! and the left knows it ,the right knows it ,we all know it !!

Yeah, the Democrats realized that simply Taxing the rich was still not going to cover their reckless entitlement spending... They own higher Taxes now.

I like how the OP took the time to edit his initial post, yet it still comes across like an incoherent mess.
people like you are the enemy to this country !! you are a leftist and that makes you a liar ,a coward, a thief ,a bum,and a traitor !! you and your kind own the bad times ahead .

I'm not certain why so many people have such a hard time understanding that the payroll tax cut was a temporary tax cut. It was never meant to be permanent nor should it have been. Personally, I was against it in the first place. We have a huge shortage in revenue to go along with the fact that we are spending more than we can afford. We need tax increases and spending cuts, yet Congress continues to do the minimum possible rather than trying to right the ship. And too many idiots continue to scream about taxes being raised. Too fuckin bad.

I like how the OP took the time to edit his initial post, yet it still comes across like an incoherent mess.
people like you are the enemy to this country !! you are a leftist and that makes you a liar ,a coward, a thief ,a bum,and a traitor !! you and your kind own the bad times ahead .

The enemies of this country are the bastards who got us into this mess to begin with, and anyone who continues to support the idiotic thinking that got us into this mess to begin with.

How is it his fault that you come across as coherent as Rain Man?

for once i am not going to crush the leftist insults on this thread with cheap shots .the point is the left wants more money and no spending cuts .we all know this .

for once i am not going to crush the leftist insults on this thread with cheap shots .the point is the left wants more money and no spending cuts .we all know this .

Republicans passed the bill in the House. Why didn't they vote against it?

2/3rds of repubs in the house voted against this bill .the others repubs voted for it grudgingly to avoid go further over the cliff.....

During the presidential election, Republicans and conservatives were telling us how horrible it was that Obama and the Dems were cutting money from Medicare, yet Republicans and conservatives continue to tell us how we have to cut spending on Medicare. The truth is that none of them want to discuss making the cuts that need to be made because they are scared to death it will cost them their cushy jobs. Nobody wants cuts to any entitlement programs and nobody wants to pay for them either. You are fooling yourself if you think this is a Democratic issue only.

You are a couple days late. We've already had half a dozen topics, at least, on the payroll tax cut expiring.

For the past two years, 77 percent of Americans have paid less taxes as a result of that tax cut. So tell me, did you jump up and down and piss your pants with excitement when that temporary tax break was enacted? Did you praise Obama to the skies? Or are you a raving hypocrite without a clue? After all, 77 percent have paid less taxes than they otherwise would have.

You got a two year tax break, and this makes you mad? :lol::lol::lol:

Just how retarded are you?

Last edited:
Dems raise taxes on the middle class !!

Go ahead and tell me that this comes as some sort of a surprise to you...

Obama Panders to the Middle Class as He Lets Their Taxes Rise​

By Patrick Brennan

January 2, 2013

Today in his weekly message, President Obama triumphantly claims to have shielded America’s middle class from a tax increase:

I just wanted to take a minute to explain to everyone what we were able to achieve this week. In the face of looming deadlines that would have taken a big chunk out of everyone’s bottom line, you know my top priority has been preventing a tax hike that would have hit 98 percent of all Americans in 2013, because the last thing middle-class families could afford now would be to pay upwards of $2,000 more in taxes this year. . . . We’ve stopped that middle-class tax hike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuztHPq95o]President Obama on the "fiscal cliff" agreement - YouTube[/ame]​

Unfortunately, the president is just wrong to claim that he prevented such an increase. His claims of being everyman’s palladium are simply false: Most Americans will see their taxes rise this year.

The president did sign a bill yesterday that prevented one middle-class tax hike — the expiration of the Bush tax cuts for 98 percent of Americans — but he makes no mention of the fact that he did absolutely nothing to block the expiration of the payroll-tax holiday, a tax increase on almost 100 percent of Americans (excepting the small number of state- and local-government employees who are enrolled in a different retirement system). And while it doesn’t amount to $2,000 an American, the mean tax increase for the 77 percent of Americans whose overall taxes will be higher than they were in 2012 isn’t far off, adding up to $1,635. Eighty-one percent of the middle quintile of Americans will see their total tax bills rise.

Read more:
Obama Panders to the Middle Class as He Lets Their Taxes Rise - By Patrick Brennan - The Corner - National Review Online

When, not if, the national debt continues to climb it will only strengthen the Republican argument that you can't fix this problem without serious entitlement reform.

Obama Panders to the Middle Class as He Lets Their Taxes Rise​

By Patrick Brennan

January 2, 2013

Today in his weekly message, President Obama triumphantly claims to have shielded America’s middle class from a tax increase:

I just wanted to take a minute to explain to everyone what we were able to achieve this week. In the face of looming deadlines that would have taken a big chunk out of everyone’s bottom line, you know my top priority has been preventing a tax hike that would have hit 98 percent of all Americans in 2013, because the last thing middle-class families could afford now would be to pay upwards of $2,000 more in taxes this year. . . . We’ve stopped that middle-class tax hike.

Unfortunately, the president is just wrong to claim that he prevented such an increase. His claims of being everyman’s palladium are simply false: Most Americans will see their taxes rise this year.

The president did sign a bill yesterday that prevented one middle-class tax hike — the expiration of the Bush tax cuts for 98 percent of Americans — but he makes no mention of the fact that he did absolutely nothing to block the expiration of the payroll-tax holiday, a tax increase on almost 100 percent of Americans (excepting the small number of state- and local-government employees who are enrolled in a different retirement system). And while it doesn’t amount to $2,000 an American, the mean tax increase for the 77 percent of Americans whose overall taxes will be higher than they were in 2012 isn’t far off, adding up to $1,635. Eighty-one percent of the middle quintile of Americans will see their total tax bills rise.

Read more:
Obama Panders to the Middle Class as He Lets Their Taxes Rise - By Patrick Brennan - The Corner - National Review Online

I think we should cut all taxes to zero and then when they need to be raised, we cry some more about massive tax increases.

During the presidential election, Republicans and conservatives were telling us how horrible it was that Obama and the Dems were cutting money from Medicare, yet Republicans and conservatives continue to tell us how we have to cut spending on Medicare. The truth is that none of them want to discuss making the cuts that need to be made because they are scared to death it will cost them their cushy jobs. Nobody wants cuts to any entitlement programs and nobody wants to pay for them either. You are fooling yourself if you think this is a Democratic issue only.

Actually the Republicans made the argument that Medicare was being cut to help pay for Obamacare (which is true through slashing Medicare part D which benefits a lot of seniors with extra incentives like eye care). They then made the argument that the current government system has a lot of wasted costs, to which reform towards a program similar to the ones Federal Government employees use would be more cost effective for seniors.

Forum List

Back