Dentures

I asked in Coffee Shop but didn't get much response so thought I would get some opinions out here.

Went to the dentist today and she recommended I get dentures. I take care of my teeth and they are not ugly...but dayum! I keep getting shitloads of cavities all the time. She said it was due to my health, my meds, dry mouth, and my genes. The past few years, every 6 months, I get 3 more cavities. Small ones, but still....there they are. Nothing I do is stopping this progression of my teeth going bad. I am going to another dentist next tuesday to get a second opinion. If HE says the same thing she did..then I guess I need to contemplate doing it.

So my question is....anyone here have clackers? Not partials, not implants. Full uppers and lowers and the kind ya spit in a jar at night.

I have been googling like crazy and also went to youtube and saw the immediate temps I read about that go in immediately after the teeth are pulled. Saw it all. But...I want to hear from you guys.

Anyone here willing to talk about your set of toofers and what experiences you had or have?

Yes, I have them. Hope this isn't too late Gracie.

I love mine, I don't care who knows I have them. Took a few months getting used to them. Hated them during that time, but ten years later, can't believe how good they are.

My 2 cents

I agree with Pop! I am still on my first year, and have not received the final set yet. But after decades of dental problems, these are a godsend. When I was a small child I was give a medicine that had a side effect of screwing up the enamel on my teeth. I have been fighting problems ever since.

Don't hesitate!!

I asked in Coffee Shop but didn't get much response so thought I would get some opinions out here.

Went to the dentist today and she recommended I get dentures. I take care of my teeth and they are not ugly...but dayum! I keep getting shitloads of cavities all the time. She said it was due to my health, my meds, dry mouth, and my genes. The past few years, every 6 months, I get 3 more cavities. Small ones, but still....there they are. Nothing I do is stopping this progression of my teeth going bad. I am going to another dentist next tuesday to get a second opinion. If HE says the same thing she did..then I guess I need to contemplate doing it.

So my question is....anyone here have clackers? Not partials, not implants. Full uppers and lowers and the kind ya spit in a jar at night.

I have been googling like crazy and also went to youtube and saw the immediate temps I read about that go in immediately after the teeth are pulled. Saw it all. But...I want to hear from you guys.

Anyone here willing to talk about your set of toofers and what experiences you had or have?

My girl friend has dentures. Same as you, DNA and stuff. Anyway, hers work with implants and are pretty well set once they are in. I have a partial and we both have the same issue which is , we both have a sore tongue if we sleep with them in. Hers were fixed so its no longer an issue, but its still an issue with mine. I never got it fixed because its only one tooth and I only ware it when im around my peeps as it bothers them when I look all red neck and shit. Ill feel out my girl and see if I cant find out some info on hers for ya.

I have two small spots on my lower two front teeth....which are the beginnings of cavities...so today I go have them filled at 1:30. And as I stated earlier....(its a long story for another time)....the dentist I went to see prior to this thread, said I had too many reconstructions and I had 2 cavities in the BACK. After doing some detective work...it turns out this dentist has been scamming patients telling them they have cavities...when they do not...and filling perfectly good teeth just to get money from the state (medi-cal). I got a second opinion with my old dentist and after that visit, I reported the other dentist only to find out this is her MO. Well...not any more. :D

My enamel is great, btw. So I am happy about that.

If you reported the dentist and they admit this is her MO, why aren't they pullling her license to practice?! I think I'd pursue that. Or is that what you mean by "not any more." Did they shut her down?

Last edited:
My girl friend has dentures. Same as you, DNA and stuff. Anyway, hers work with implants and are pretty well set once they are in. I have a partial and we both have the same issue which is , we both have a sore tongue if we sleep with them in. Hers were fixed so its no longer an issue, but its still an issue with mine. I never got it fixed because its only one tooth and I only ware it when im around my peeps as it bothers them when I look all red neck and shit. Ill feel out my girl and see if I cant find out some info on hers for ya.

I have two small spots on my lower two front teeth....which are the beginnings of cavities...so today I go have them filled at 1:30. And as I stated earlier....(its a long story for another time)....the dentist I went to see prior to this thread, said I had too many reconstructions and I had 2 cavities in the BACK. After doing some detective work...it turns out this dentist has been scamming patients telling them they have cavities...when they do not...and filling perfectly good teeth just to get money from the state (medi-cal). I got a second opinion with my old dentist and after that visit, I reported the other dentist only to find out this is her MO. Well...not any more. :D

My enamel is great, btw. So I am happy about that.

If you reported the dentist and they admit this is her MO, why aren't they pullling her license to practice?! I think I'd pursue that. Or is that what you mean by "not any more." Did they shut her down?

Not sure what they are doing. Yes, she has been reported. Once I did that, I left it in their hands.

Between getting stomped by a mule and military injuries, I have a full set. If you do,

(1) get them all done at once on Monday, and take the week off.

(2) most people love the uppers, not so much lowers (they often hurt months later).

(3) comparative shop for pricing. If you live close to Mexico, comparison shop there. Plenty of Americans get all of their work done there because it is so much cheaper yet the work is acceptable to better. Make sure you check real references.

(4) nothing i have read about implants has caused me to regret my dentures.

(5) if anyone quotes you more than $2,500 for great dentures, go elsewhere.

Good luck.

Uppers stay in place by suction but lowers float free. They're controlled by muscle memory so they feel like you've go a rock in your mouth until your muscles learn to control them.

True about Mexico. Much of their health care is better than ours and of course, the prices are much better too.

Dentures have to be or should be replaced pretty often. One of the best sets I ever got was in Mexico for $400, upper and lower.

If "one" is young, I'd say go for implants. If older, probably not such a great idea.

But, there are several different types of implants now so for anyone who is exploring that option, be sure to look at that.

Yes, $2500 is way too high.

Forum List

Back