Denver Broncos and John Fox part ways.

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Now, that could be a good coaching position for the right coach, but they will need to replace Peyton fairly quickly.

This probably spells the end of Manning's career at least with Denver. Strangely it was Jon Elway that made the decision to get Manning and Manning called most of the plays.

I can't really see how Fox is responsible for Denver's failure to achieve Elway's goals.

He did get the Bronco's to very high finishes in the last four years. AND last year an appearance in the Super Bowl.

Was it a lack of team preparation last year that cost Denver a SB win? Was it bad calls by the HC?

This seems an odd situation for Fox. Maybe he is tired of depending on an aging Peyton Manning to get the job done. It is reported as a mutual parting of the ways for Fox and Elway.

It is clear that Denver won't do any better than they have done the last three seasons without an elite level QB.

I can't imagine that Dan Quinn would leave the Hawks to coach in Denver with a meddling Elway and an aging Manning that has not even said if he is returning.

I wonder if Elway has a lock on a replacement for Manning. The Broncos have a very good defense now. It will be wasted if they have no great QB to run the offense.

It really doesn't matter what head coach they get if they are unsettled at QB. AND no good prospective HC will take on the Broncos with the problems at QB looming over that team.

Forum List

Back