Denver Museum ends gun free zone status, allows concealed carry....

I just don't see where the danger of being in public has gotten any worse in the last few years. Of course, there are occasional incidence of violence, but they have always been there and at a higher rate than now. I refuse to be a coward who needs to hide behind a gun 24/7 just to feel safe.
Maybe it's because you haven't been killed yet that you think that way?

I just don't see where the danger of being in public has gotten any worse in the last few years. Of course, there are occasional incidence of violence, but they have always been there and at a higher rate than now. I refuse to be a coward who needs to hide behind a gun 24/7 just to feel safe.
Maybe it's because you haven't been killed yet that you think that way?

You still haven;t shown how danger to life in the U.S. has increased during the last seven years to require being constantly armed when it wasn't that bad before this president. Any link or evidence to justify right wingers attitude change?

You still haven;t shown how danger to life in the U.S. has increased during the last seven years to require being constantly armed when it wasn't that bad before this president. Any link or evidence to justify right wingers attitude change?
. I dunno Bulldog, maybe it's because Obama doesn't give a shit about our security when he releases Islam terrorists from GITMO and shit like that.

Do you feel the same way about keeping a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

I don't have a problem if you want to strap a fire extinguisher on your leg to go to Walmart.

You didn't answer the question.

What is common sense regulation?

Background checks?

That's a good start.

please...can you...of all the anti gunners explain the magic of background checks.....?

Criminals get their guns from straw buyers, who pass your background checks, and mass shooters pass background checks and sometimes more than one.

we already have federally mandated background checks...what is the magic of background checks?

Nothing magical about them, and like every other law in the history of the world, they aren't 100% effective, but they do reduce the number of guns for people that shouldn't have guns.

You didn't explain how that works...you just say it like it is the truth.......

Criminals steal their guns...they don't go through a background check for that...guns are not limited by that.

Criminals get relatives and other people with clean backgrounds to buy their guns for them....they bypass background checks that way...guns are not limited by that.

Mass shooters....pass background checks because they have committed no crime or they too steal their guns....guns are not limited by that.

Other than a mantra....repeated over and over again, or like a magical chant, "Background checks...ommmm....Background checks...ommmmmm...." Could one of you gun grabbers please explain how background checks keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns?

Don't be ridiculous. I and many others have had this discussion with you several times. Senseless to do it again. You chose to ignore facts anyway. Universal background checks will save lives and better than 90% of the country agrees with that. It's no longer a matter of making a logical decision, because that has been done. It's a matter of breaking the NRA death grip on the republican representatives. It's as inevitable a legalized gay marriage and healthcare was, and even though you can delay it for a while longer, you can't stop it
People will kill each other with baseball bats, poision, bombs, knives, or whetever. If I had faith background checks would stop a murderer form going to the bad part of town, and buying a gun, I might support even stricter firearms selling practices, but.....

What is common sense regulation?

Background checks?

That's a good start.

please...can you...of all the anti gunners explain the magic of background checks.....?

Criminals get their guns from straw buyers, who pass your background checks, and mass shooters pass background checks and sometimes more than one.

we already have federally mandated background checks...what is the magic of background checks?

Nothing magical about them, and like every other law in the history of the world, they aren't 100% effective, but they do reduce the number of guns for people that shouldn't have guns.

Criminals steal their guns...they don't go through a background check for that...guns are not limited by that.

Criminals get relatives and other people with clean backgrounds to buy their guns for them....they bypass background checks that way...guns are not limited by that.

Mass shooters....pass background checks because they have committed no crime or they too steal their guns....guns are not limited by that.

Other than a mantra....repeated over and over again, or like a magical chant, "Background checks...ommmm....Background checks...ommmmmm...." Could one of you gun grabbers please explain how background checks keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns?

Don't be ridiculous. I and many others have had this discussion with you several times. Senseless to do it again. You chose to ignore facts anyway. Universal background checks will save lives and better than 90% of the country agrees with that. It's no longer a matter of making a logical decision, because that has been done. It's a matter of breaking the NRA death grip on the republican representatives. It's as inevitable a legalized gay marriage and healthcare was, and even though you can delay it for a while longer, you can't stop it

Yes...again with the mantra...."Background checks....background checks...." Background checks...how again do they stop criminals and mass shooters...

You again have failed to explain it and have fallen back on saying you have......and since 90% of those who say they support background checks don't know what the anti gunners actually mean, that stat is pointlesss......

Please...explain why background checks, which criminals do not undergo and mass shooters pass, will stop any killer from getting a gun?

We have been waiting.....

. I dunno Bulldog, maybe it's because Obama doesn't give a shit about our security when he releases Islam terrorists from GITMO and shit like that.

Of course that's it. Fear of a black president. The NRA and GOP are hyping a civil war.

Do you feel the same way about keeping a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

I don't have a problem if you want to strap a fire extinguisher on your leg to go to Walmart.

You didn't answer the question.

Yes I answered the question. I'm not opposed to guns. I have guns myself. I'm opposed to everyone carrying them 24/7.

That's a good start.

People will kill each other with baseball bats, poision, bombs, knives, or whetever. If I had faith background checks would stop a murderer form going to the bad part of town, and buying a gun, I might support even stricter firearms selling practices, but.....

Your constant claim that background checks will not reduce the number of armed bad guys just doesn't make sense. Do background checks for dealers work at all? Do you think we should continue them?

That's a good start.

Yes...again with the mantra...."Background checks....background checks...." Background checks...how again do they stop criminals and mass shooters...

You again have failed to explain it and have fallen back on saying you have......and since 90% of those who say they support background checks don't know what the anti gunners actually mean, that stat is pointlesss......

Please...explain why background checks, which criminals do not undergo and mass shooters pass, will stop any killer from getting a gun?

Right. By your own claim, only 10% believe as you do. The country has decided, and it's just a matter of time before laws reflect that. You already lost, and you just can't accept that yet.

Of course that's it. Fear of a black president. The NRA and GOP are hyping a civil war.

Wow...you are nuts. That is why we all supported Herman Cain and Ben Carson...and would love to see Allen West be President....and Colin Powell before he showed himself to be a democrat in republican clothing......you are a twit.

Your constant claim that background checks will not reduce the number of armed bad guys just doesn't make sense. Do background checks for dealers work at all? Do you think we should continue them?

Do you understand the concept of the straw purchase....criminals get their guns from people who can pass background checks....or they steal them. They easily avoid background checks.

Mass shooters pass background checks....the Santa Barbara shooter passed 3 background checks, one for each gun he had.......

I am willing to keep background checks at gun dealers and gun shows but not for private sales....that goes too far and does nothing but target law abiding gun owners.....

I have posted the real intent behind universal background checks which is first to get registration of guns, and second to create felony traps for law abiding gun owners and lastly to inhibit using guns by law abiding gun owners who want to lend guns to friends or take gun safety classes...all of which will become more limited with universal background checks as intended by bloomberg and Everytown for Gun Safety and his other gun banning groups.

Right. By your own claim, only 10% believe as you do. The country has decided, and it's just a matter of time before laws reflect that. You already lost, and you just can't accept that yet.

The people who agree do not follow the issue. They are ignorant of the real goals of the people pushing universal background checks, and those have nothing to do with stopping criminals or mass shooters. If you told them the real goals then the polls would not be for universal background checks.

Wow...you are nuts. That is why we all supported Herman Cain and Ben Carson...and would love to see Allen West be President....and Colin Powell before he showed himself to be a democrat in republican clothing......you are a twit.

Odd that with all that support, you always end up with the white guy.

Do you understand the concept of the straw purchase....criminals get their guns from people who can pass background checks....or they steal them. They easily avoid background checks.

Mass shooters pass background checks....the Santa Barbara shooter passed 3 background checks, one for each gun he had.......

I am willing to keep background checks at gun dealers and gun shows but not for private sales....that goes too far and does nothing but target law abiding gun owners.....

I have posted the real intent behind universal background checks which is first to get registration of guns, and second to create felony traps for law abiding gun owners and lastly to inhibit using guns by law abiding gun owners who want to lend guns to friends or take gun safety classes...all of which will become more limited with universal background checks as intended by bloomberg and Everytown for Gun Safety and his other gun banning groups.

The real intent of background checks is to do checks on the background of people purchasing guns. Anything else you might think is just more crazy conspiracy stuff. You can't justify checks for dealers but not others.

They are the blacks who have not been bought by democrat lies......and sadly they don't have enough experience in politics to get to the Presidency...see...instead of waiting for democrat goodies, they have actually gone out and achieved things for themselves.......businessmen, a pediatric neurosurgeon, and a professional soldier....vs a community agitator....

But they haven't spent enough time learning how to win in politics..had they...they would be the nominee...

The people who agree do not follow the issue. They are ignorant of the real goals of the people pushing universal background checks, and those have nothing to do with stopping criminals or mass shooters. If you told them the real goals then the polls would not be for universal background checks.

Right. You're like the mother watching her kid in a parade. "Look, my kid is the only one in step" You and the few "true believers" who fall for that conspiracy theory really are out of step, and you just don't want to admit it.

The real intent of background checks is to do checks on the background of people purchasing guns. Anything else you might think is just more crazy conspiracy stuff. You can't justify checks for dealers but not others.

I just told you that criminals do not get background checks. Mass shooters actually get background checks. Nothing you say about background checks actually stops criminals or mass shooters from getting guns. How hard is that to comprehend?

Criminals use straw purchasers...people who can actually pass background checks since criminals can't. They also steal their guns.

Mass shooters go through all the background checks you guys want....because they can pass them...or they too steal their guns.

Background checks do nothing but make it harder for law abiding people to get guns.

Right. You're like the mother watching her kid in a parade. "Look, my kid is the only one in step" You and the few "true believers" who fall for that conspiracy theory really are out of step, and you just don't want to admit it.

There is no conspiracy....the ATF, and the FBI state these facts about straw buyers...........

They are the blacks who have not been bought by democrat lies......and sadly they don't have enough experience in politics to get to the Presidency...see...instead of waiting for democrat goodies, they have actually gone out and achieved things for themselves.......businessmen, a pediatric neurosurgeon, and a professional soldier....vs a community agitator....

But they haven't spent enough time learning how to win in politics..had they...they would be the nominee...

Do you ever have a thought that isn't based in some disproven right wing talking point?

Forum List

Back