Deputy Sheriff Shot To Dead Investigating Stealing of Marijuana in Legal California

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
This is just crazy stupid news. It was an investigation of petty theft of marijuana plants in an illegal grow, but it turned into gunfire and a deputy sheriff is dead and another injured. Two people were taken into custody. The legal marijuana grows and dispensaries are still being legislated and people have taken to growing their own fields when that is still illegal. They are growing it in the National Forests. One can still get illegal marijuana far cheaper than legal ones.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article236555138.html#storylink=mainstage_card6

This is just crazy stupid news. It was an investigation of petty theft of marijuana plants in an illegal grow, but it turned into gunfire and a deputy sheriff is dead and another injured. Two people were taken into custody. The legal marijuana grows and dispensaries are still being legislated and people have taken to growing their own fields when that is still illegal. They are growing it in the National Forests. One can still get illegal marijuana far cheaper than legal ones.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article236555138.html#storylink=mainstage_card6
I guess when the law shoots citizens for no reason, occasionally the citizens might shoot back.

"One can still get illegal marijuana far cheaper than legal ones."

Someone doesn't know wtf they'er blathering on about.

I guess when the law shoots citizens for no reason, occasionally the citizens might shoot back.

DSC_9769e1-1024x682.jpg

Illegal marijuana is still a huge operation close by where I live in Cali. The above is from one house. They even provide the legal dispensaries.

What I'm trying to find out is if these guys were illegals.

As for legal marijuana, Colorado has had it legalized since 2012, but they've taxed the sh*t out of it so the black market grows. Dispensaries will buy it.

Marijuana Is Legal In Colorado, But The Illegal Market Still Exists

I don't have the evidence, but I think the sheriffs were outgunned. That's why they both got hit and one was killed.

I don't have the evidence, but I think the sheriffs were outgunned. That's why they both got hit and one was killed.

That's why we need more gun legislation.

Yeah, right, make it easy for the narco trafficers to murder at will. That has worked so well in Mexico where the cartels recently won a battle against the Mexican army.

Go fuck yourself.

It was illegals involved, and the person who called the theft in was not truthful and is now booked for manslaughter.

'Sheriff John D'Agostini told reporters Thursday afternoon 47-year-old Christopher Ross called deputies to report that the people inside his marijuana grow behind his Somerset home on Sand Ridge Road were stealing.

In reality, Ross actually had some type of business arrangement with the two men in his garden. D'Agostini said Ross did not tell the 911 dispatcher about his relationship with the two men.

"Had (Ross) been truthful with our deputies and the 911 dispatcher, this tragic event would not have occurred," the sheriff said.'

Man who made 911 call that led to El Dorado County deputy’s death arrested

If they didnt tax the ever living shit out of it, it could compete with the black market.
Also, all states need to legalize it.

I suspect the illegals had some firepower, since they took someone down wearing body armor immediately.

El Dorado county is a predominantly Republican county, and it has some vast secluded areas so CCW permits are high and national Dems know about it.

"Gun control, road closures, gangs, and other topics were covered when El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini addressed the women of the El Dorado County Republican Women Federated at their Monday meeting.

D’Agostini opened by noting that everyone was probably already aware of the letter he sent to Vice President Joe Biden in which he said he and his staff would not be pressured into enforcing any unconstitutional provision, law or executive order abridging the Second Amendment.

“I put them on notice you will not confiscate guns in El Dorado County,” he said. “I work for you and I’m going to do my job.”

He said so far Biden hasn’t responded to his letter. “He didn’t call, he didn’t write,” laughed the sheriff.

D’Agostini went on to say that over 500 sheriffs across the country have sent similar messages and at least 17 of them are from California, mostly from Northern California.

“I think they are starting to get the message,” he said, noting that gun control is not the issue. Instead he said it was a problem of insufficient mental health funding and not holding people responsible for their crimes.

D’Agostini claimed that what politicians are trying to do goes further than attacking the Second Amendment.

“These gun control laws make criminals out of law-abiding citizens,” he noted, saying that cities with the strictest gun control laws — such as Chicago, Washington D.C., and San Francisco -—have the highest gun violence. “All they do is create a host of victims.”

Addressing a different topic, the sheriff said some 2,000 CCW (carry and conceal weapon) permits have been issued in this county and he has taken steps to streamline the process for getting one. However, even with a permit, buying a hand gun is problematic because there is presently a shortage of hand guns and ammunition for sale. One audience member asked if it was because Homeland Security was buying up large quantities of items."

The county feels the effects of some crazy Democrat legislation, too.

"The sheriff also commented on the push by state Sen. Mark Leno of San Francisco to make possession of Schedule 1 drugs a misdemeanor. Schedule 1 drugs include mescaline, LSD, heroin, and marijuana. D’Agostini said he spent most of his career working in narcotics and he called the bill “ludicrous,” saying that teenagers across the country are dying from heroin overdoses."

Sheriff: Gun control not the issue

If they didnt tax the ever living shit out of it, it could compete with the black market.

It leads to calls for further legalization of illegal drugs. See post #10. Remember the argument against marijuana was it leads to harder drugs.

It leads to calls for further legalization of illegal drugs. See post #10. Remember the argument against marijuana was it leads to harder drugs.
And it's a bullshit argument.
What people do to their own bodies shouldn't be illegal. It blows my mind the level of statism it takes to even argue that.

DSC_9769e1-1024x682.jpg

Illegal marijuana is still a huge operation close by where I live in Cali. The above is from one house. They even provide the legal dispensaries.

As for legal marijuana, Colorado has had it legalized since 2012, but they've taxed the sh*t out of it so the black market grows. Dispensaries will buy it.

They grow it all over the place around here. Most of it is legal I think but I don't think any one is really checking much anymore because no one cares.
Last year I could smell it just down the street, maybe two or three properties down. Either that or there are a lot of pole cats around here. However, skunks tend to move around but marijuana grows don't.

What people do to their own bodies shouldn't be illegal. It blows my mind the level of statism it takes to even argue that.

It should be illegal if they end up getting in their car and hurting others. They also need money to buy more of it since it is addicting. You need to think ahead instead of being selfish.

DSC_9769e1-1024x682.jpg

They grow it all over the place around here. Most of it is legal I think but I don't think any one is really checking much anymore because no one cares.
Last year I could smell it just down the street, maybe two or three properties down. Either that or there are a lot of pole cats around here. However, skunks tend to move around but marijuana grows don't.

It's legal, but it can be a nuisance since it's still illegal to smoke in public. Teens end up smoking in apartment complexes and some people do it in public. They end up getting ticketed. It also slows down the reaction if they get in their cars and drive. Not as bad as drinking and driving, but states that have legalized marijuana are finding one can be dui with marijuana. It's another lie that marijuana advocates told.

It should be illegal if they end up getting in their car and hurting others. They also need money to buy more of it since it is addicting. You need to think ahead instead of being selfish.
Selfishness is a foundational principle of "freedom". You're either in favor of freedom, or in favor of statism. You can't have it both ways...

That someone is you.

Selfishness is a foundational principle of "freedom". You're either in favor of freedom, or in favor of statism. You can't have it both ways...

Gunville.JPG

What kind of idiot are you? Freedom isn't free. We are a nation of laws, so that why we have politics. You can't have gunville coexisting next to drugville.

Last edited:

DSC_9769e1-1024x682.jpg

The black market in states like California and Colorado is probably more active than in Pennsylvania where it is only "medicinal".

After all, once in the hands of the final customer, thee will be no busts, since getting loaded on grass is legal.

It was illegals involved, and the person who called the theft in was not truthful and is now booked for manslaughter.

'Sheriff John D'Agostini told reporters Thursday afternoon 47-year-old Christopher Ross called deputies to report that the people inside his marijuana grow behind his Somerset home on Sand Ridge Road were stealing.

In reality, Ross actually had some type of business arrangement with the two men in his garden. D'Agostini said Ross did not tell the 911 dispatcher about his relationship with the two men.

"Had (Ross) been truthful with our deputies and the 911 dispatcher, this tragic event would not have occurred," the sheriff said.'

Man who made 911 call that led to El Dorado County deputy’s death arrested
Murder one, lock him up forever.

Forum List

Back