🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Despite letters of apology from admin, congress furious over Bergdahl deal

Including top dems:

"I think that they expected everybody just to fall in line," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and one of those who received a personal apology from a senior White House aide.

"Feinstein said the White House failed to anticipate that bypassing Congress would provoke anger on both sides of the aisle. The discovery that the five Afghans were top-ranking Taliban commanders has fueled concerns that the trade may endanger U.S. security.

""This is an issue that certainly those of us on the Intelligence Committee care a great deal about," Feinstein said. "Because we believe that there is potential danger from certain of these five people."

White House faces growing fury in Congress over Bowe Bergdahl deal*-*Los Angeles Times

And who gives a damn as to how 'furious' this Congress is? How many times have they voted on the ACA? And what effect has it had? Their continued idiocy in every venue has rendered them irrelevant. All they are good for is material for comedy routines.

Including top dems:

"I think that they expected everybody just to fall in line," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and one of those who received a personal apology from a senior White House aide.

"Feinstein said the White House failed to anticipate that bypassing Congress would provoke anger on both sides of the aisle. The discovery that the five Afghans were top-ranking Taliban commanders has fueled concerns that the trade may endanger U.S. security.

""This is an issue that certainly those of us on the Intelligence Committee care a great deal about," Feinstein said. "Because we believe that there is potential danger from certain of these five people."

White House faces growing fury in Congress over Bowe Bergdahl deal*-*Los Angeles Times

And who gives a damn as to how 'furious' this Congress is? How many times have they voted on the ACA? And what effect has it had? Their continued idiocy in every venue has rendered them irrelevant. All they are good for is material for comedy routines.

calm down leftard; both sides are furious with your community organizer this time. stop lying to yourself

Amazing to watch the failing far right froth and foam and flail futilely. :)lol:)

It's all they can do now, because they have no power.

This deal was in the works, and knowledge of it available to the public, which would include Congress,

since 2011.

Yep...and the RWrs were ready to jump either direction...either condemn the President for doing nothing, or condemn the President for getting him out of there.

Obama was already condemned for NOT getting him out; round II began when word came Bergdahl would be re;eased. No evidence he knew anything that would help his captors, undisputed he tried to escape, and then was tortured.

This deal was in the works, and knowledge of it available to the public, which would include Congress,

since 2011.

Wow.. Didn't know that? Did the published deal involve giving Taliban leadership back the NEW FUTURE GOVERNMENT of Afghanistan?? Those 5 guys are going to be running the country our soldiers fought and died in during the past 10 years.

I want to see the DETAILS of that "public announcement".... I don't think it would have flown under the radar for 3 yrs if it was "out there". NOBODY knew that this Admin had so little consideration for the effort it took to put these guys INTO Gitmo. They just have a checkbox to make on Obama "legacy" Re: Gitmo...

You used the wrong words.
Because he traded 5 dangerous individuals who are going to kill more Americans, for a Deserter who should be executed for Desertion.

Shouldn't he be given his 5th amendment right to due process before we execute him? And how do you KNOW for certain that the 5 people released will kill Americans? If you know the future, can I get the Powerball numbers?

Fact is you can't predict the future. Regardless of what he may or may not have done, as an American he has a right to due process. But to get that, he must come home. So why is it so horrible that we bring an American home?

A deserter.

so far our Military hasn't called him a deserter ... just the right wing partisan hacks.

since 2011.

Wow.. Didn't know that? Did the published deal involve giving Taliban leadership back the NEW FUTURE GOVERNMENT of Afghanistan?? Those 5 guys are going to be running the country our soldiers fought and died in during the past 10 years.

I want to see the DETAILS of that "public announcement".... I don't think it would have flown under the radar for 3 yrs if it was "out there". NOBODY knew that this Admin had so little consideration for the effort it took to put these guys INTO Gitmo. They just have a checkbox to make on Obama "legacy" Re: Gitmo...

Obama plans to end U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan by 2016 | Reuters

at which time GITMO empties and closes too.

since 2011.

Obama plans to end U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan by 2016 | Reuters

at which time GITMO empties and closes too.

Why? Why is that the new talking point of the Obama apologists? If we are to believe the apologists the war on terror is EVERYWHERE. It is in Yemen, it is in Pakistan. We kill what Obama calls enemy combatants in those places all the time. So the war continues even though we pull out, it does not matter. So no Gitmo does not have to been cleaned out if we listen to the Obama apologists who want it both ways.

Shouldn't he be given his 5th amendment right to due process before we execute him? And how do you KNOW for certain that the 5 people released will kill Americans? If you know the future, can I get the Powerball numbers?

Fact is you can't predict the future. Regardless of what he may or may not have done, as an American he has a right to due process. But to get that, he must come home. So why is it so horrible that we bring an American home?

A deserter.

so far our Military hasn't called him a deserter ... just the right wing partisan hacks.

And those who served with him, but what would they know? I say he went AWOL, not that many will agree.

since 2011.

It was public in that people who followed Taliban, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, Bergdahl, etc. had access to the information and knew about it from keeping up with the issue's mentioned. The Taliban leadership and the Taliban that were released have been an issue since they were captured. Options of what to do with them have been publicly debated and reported. It is only a surprise to those who were not keeping up with the issues.

A deserter.

The 2010 military report, AR 15-6 stated he 'walked away on his own" the 2010 report also stated we would not use extraordinary efforts to find him because he left on his own. You do realize what that means, right?

A deserter.

Camel crap. Military guys everywhere have pegged this scumbag. He slithered away from his post and went over to the dark side. No wonder America-hating loony leftist fools are defending him.

Last edited:
They think deserters are heroes. They're even cooler if they get a lot of people killed (preferably innocents). So this is a win/win for them.

And Congress said they did!

Lawmakers said Obama ignored a provision in the 2014 defense authorization bill that requires the president to give Congress 30 days' notice before moving any detainees from Guantanamo Bay.

But Obama gave himself a legal loophole when he signed the bill in December. In what's known as a signing statement, he said he would exercise authority as commander in chief, if necessary, "to act swiftly in conducting negotiations with foreign countries regarding the circumstances of detainee transfers."
congress is ignorant

Dimwit, a signing statement IS NOT THE LAW which HE SIGNED. That would be a LINE ITEM VETO and that is LONG PAST being relevant!

It was the Constitution that gave him the authority to make the deal, not his signing statement. That is he still would have had the authority to make the deal under the Constitution without issuing a signing statement.

congress is ignorant

Dimwit, a signing statement IS NOT THE LAW which HE SIGNED. That would be a LINE ITEM VETO and that is LONG PAST being relevant!

It was the Constitution that gave him the authority to make the deal, not his signing statement. That is he still would have had the authority to make the deal under the Constitution without issuing a signing statement.

The recent law trumps the constitution. His signing statement allowed him to ignore the law, yes.....but without it he was beholden to the law.

Forum List

Back