🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Despite letters of apology from admin, congress furious over Bergdahl deal

This deal was in the works, and knowledge of it available to the public, which would include Congress,

since 2011.

Wow.. Didn't know that? Did the published deal involve giving Taliban leadership back the NEW FUTURE GOVERNMENT of Afghanistan?? Those 5 guys are going to be running the country our soldiers fought and died in during the past 10 years.

I want to see the DETAILS of that "public announcement".... I don't think it would have flown under the radar for 3 yrs if it was "out there". NOBODY knew that this Admin had so little consideration for the effort it took to put these guys INTO Gitmo. They just have a checkbox to make on Obama "legacy" Re: Gitmo...

Because Bush pulled out troops, spec ops, and chooper units for Iraq's invasion, the return of the Taliban as the government of Afghanistan was inevitable.

Dimwit, a signing statement IS NOT THE LAW which HE SIGNED. That would be a LINE ITEM VETO and that is LONG PAST being relevant!

It was the Constitution that gave him the authority to make the deal, not his signing statement. That is he still would have had the authority to make the deal under the Constitution without issuing a signing statement.

The recent law trumps the constitution. His signing statement allowed him to ignore the law, yes.....but without it he was beholden to the law.

If it did, the prisoners would not have been transferred. He was able to assert his Constitutional authority despite Congresses misguided attempt to infringe on it.

Shouldn't he be given his 5th amendment right to due process before we execute him? And how do you KNOW for certain that the 5 people released will kill Americans? If you know the future, can I get the Powerball numbers?

Fact is you can't predict the future. Regardless of what he may or may not have done, as an American he has a right to due process. But to get that, he must come home. So why is it so horrible that we bring an American home?

A deserter.

so far our Military hasn't called him a deserter ... just the right wing partisan hacks.
His comrades at arms has called him a deserter. The Military leaders are just being pc and saying what Obama wants them to say, so your statement is crap.

This deal was in the works, and knowledge of it available to the public, which would include Congress,

since 2011.

Wow.. Didn't know that? Did the published deal involve giving Taliban leadership back the NEW FUTURE GOVERNMENT of Afghanistan?? Those 5 guys are going to be running the country our soldiers fought and died in during the past 10 years.

I want to see the DETAILS of that "public announcement".... I don't think it would have flown under the radar for 3 yrs if it was "out there". NOBODY knew that this Admin had so little consideration for the effort it took to put these guys INTO Gitmo. They just have a checkbox to make on Obama "legacy" Re: Gitmo...

Obama plans to end U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan by 2016 | Reuters

at which time GITMO empties and closes too.

Why, Our war against Islam won't be over yet.

Forum List

Back