Destruction of stars and the subsequent formation of black holes mentioned in the Qur

majmal

Rookie
Nov 6, 2013
With the name of God the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

The Quran swears by destruction of stars and the subsequent formation of black holes to prove it is sent by God. (In 53:1 An oath by the destruction of stars is taken, In 56:75-76 An oath by the enormity of this event is taken, In 81:15-18 Formation of black holes which form after the destruction of giant stars and the fact that matter and light cannot escape is mentioned) - Below are the specific ayaat:

53:1: By the star when it Hawa (destructs, blows up)

53:2: Has neither Dalla (gone astray), Your Companion (Muhammad Blessings and Peace of God be upon him) nor Ghawa (nor is being misled)

53:3: Nor does he speak from Hawa (emotion)

53:4: It is not but a Wahi (revelation, inspiration) Yuha (revealed, inspired)

56:75: Fa (So) La (No), uqsimu (I swear, I take an oath) by the mawaq'i (occurrences, events) of the Nujuum (stars)

56:76: And indeed, it is surely an oath - if you knew - Azeem (tremendous, A supernova is a tremendous event during which more energy may be released than the Sun will in its entire life span)

56:77: That (this) is indeed a recital Kareem (honorable, the Qur'an in Arabic).

56:78: In a Book kept Maknoon (hidden).

56:79: Which (that Book with God) none can touch but the Mutaharoon (purified, the angels, the book in which is pre-written everything that will occur)

56:80: (It is) a tanzeel (sending down of revelation) from the Lord of the Alameen (human beings and Jinn (another creation given the gift of speech))

56:81: Then is it to this statement that you are Mudhinoon (indifferent)

56:82: And make (the thanks) for your provision that you Tukaziboon (lie about the Provider)

56:83: Then why (do you) not, when (death) reaches the Hulqoom (throat)

56:84: And you are at that time Tanzuroon (looking on)

56:85: And we (angels) are nearer to him than you, but you do not Tubsiroon (see)

56:86: Then why (do you) not, if you are not to be Madineen (recompensed, punished or rewarded)

56:87: Bring it (the soul) back, if you are Sadiqeen (truthful?)

56:88: If (the deceased) was of the Muqarabeen (close to God, from the foremost in doing good works)

56:89: Then (for him is) rauh and rayhan and a garden of Naeem (pleasure)

56:90: And if he was of the Ashab Al-Yameen (people of the right)

56:91: Then salam (safety from all bad things, paradise as well) for you, from the Ashab Al-Yameen.

56:92: But if he was from the Mukazibeen (liars and who were) Daaleen (astray, e.g. people with lots of money who didn't care about the starving)

56:93: Then (for him is) accommodation of Hameem (intensely hot scalding water)

56:94: And burning in Jaheem (intense Hellfire)

56:95: Verily, this! This is Haq-ul-Yaqeen (the Truth with certainty)

56:96: Fa sabbih (So declare free from faults) the name of your Lord, Al-Azeem (Tremendous)

81:15: Fa (So) La (No), uqsimu (I swear, I take an oath) by Khunnas (drawn together objects) (When a massive star destructs, it subsequently draws together i.e. 10 times the mass of the sun is drawn to within a 30 km diameter in the stellar category of black holes)

81:16: Those that run (their courses) and Kunnas (sweep whatever is in their path, matter cannot escape)

81:17: And the night as it us'us (the darkness of a black hole is different than regular darkness)

81:18: And the light as it Tanaffus (As it gets pulled in, even light cannot escape)

81:19: Verily, this is the Word (this Qur'an brought by) a messenger Kareem (honourable, Jibrael (Gabriel), from God to the last human messenger)

81:20: (Who is) possessed of power and with the Owner of the Arsh (uppermost construction in heaven), Makeen (secure in position),

81:21: Obeyed there (in the heavens) and Ameen (trustworthy)

81:22: And your companion is not (at all) Majnoon (mad)

81:23: And he has already seen him (Gabriel) in the horizon Mubeen (clear)

81:24: And he (the last messenger) is not with the unseen Daneen (a with-holder, concealer of knowledge)

81:25: And it (the Qur'an) is not the word of Satan, Rajeem (expelled from the heavens).

81:26: So where are you Tazhaboon (going?)

81:27: It (the Quran) is not except a remembrance for the Alameen

81:28: For whoever wills among you that (he or she) Yastaqeem (stay straight, do what is right and avoid straying from what is right)

81:29: And you will not, except (it be) that Allah wills - Lord of the Alameen.

You may verify the words above using any arabic-english lexicon I used Lane's Lexicon.

Mankind has seen a number of supernovas in historical times that is true.

Evidence of something like this happens in the Bible which Christians and Jews knew about first.

Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Revelation 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Joel 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I object to the words in brackets of verse 53.1 they are not what is being said.

the Yusuf Ali translation of 53.1 is as follows: By the star when it goes down.

The Yusuf Ali commentary for this verse is: Hawa in the verse means either "goes down, or sets"

The Pickthall translation of 53.1 says: By the star when it sets.

This verse does not speak of an explosion.

I have more work to do on the opening post, but in the meantime here is what the quran really says about the stars. It says they are lamps (missiles)to throw at devils.

Quran sura 67:5
Pickthall- And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.

Yusuf Ali- And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.

Hilali-Khan- And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.

Shakir- And certainly We have adorned this lower heaven with lamps and We have made these missiles for the Shaitans, and We have prepared for them the chastisement of burning.

Sher Ali- And verily, WE have adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and WE have made them the means of driving away satans, and WE have prepared for them the punishment of the blazing Fire.

Khalifa- We adorned the lowest universe with lamps, and guarded its borders with projectiles against the devils; we prepared for them a retribution in Hell.

Arberry- And We adorned the lower heaven with lamps, and made them things to stone Satans; and We have prepared for them the chastisement of the Blaze.

Palmer- And we have adorned the lower heaven with lamps; and set them to pelt the devils with; and we have prepared for them the torment of the blaze!

Rodwell- Moreover we have decked the lowest heaven with lights, and have placed them there to be hurled at the Satans, for whom we have prepared the torment of the flaming fire.

Sale- Moreover we have adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and have appointed them to be darted at the devils, for whom we have prepared the torment of burning fire:

Here are more translations of the quran sura 53.1

53:1

Pickthall- By the Star when it setteth,
Yusuf Ali- By the Star when it goes down, -
Hilali-Khan- By the star when it goes down, (or vanishes).
Shakir- I swear by the star when it goes down.
Sher Ali- By the star when it falls,
Khalifa -As the stars fell away.
Arberry -By the Star when it plunges,
Palmer -By the star when it falls,
Rodwell -By the STAR when it setteth,
Sale -By the star, when it setteth;

From the opening post.
56:75: Fa (So) La (No), uqsimu (I swear, I take an oath) by the mawaq'i (occurrences, events) of the Nujuum (stars)

56:76: And indeed, it is surely an oath - if you knew - Azeem (tremendous, A supernova is a tremendous event during which more energy may be released than the Sun will in its entire life span)

Where on earth(or in the heavens) did you get this utter distortion of the meaning of these verses 56.75 and 56.76?

Here is the Pickthall tranlation.

56.75 Nay I swear by the position of the stars
56.76 And lo! that truly is a tremendous oath, if you but knew.

Heres is the Yusuf Ali translation.

56.75 Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the stars-
56.76 And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew.

Here Muhammad is making an oath, and that has absolutely nothing to do with supernovas.

More translations of verse 56.75
56:75

Pickthall- Nay, I swear by the places of the stars -
Yusuf Ali- Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars, -
Hilali-Khan- So I swear by Mawaqi (setting or the mansions, etc.) of the stars (they traverse).
Shakir- But nay! I swear by the falling of stars;
Sher Ali- Nay, I cite as proof the shooting of the stars -
Khalifa- I swear by the positions of the stars.
Arberry- No! I swear by the fallings of the stars
Palmer- So I will not swear by the positions of the stars;
Rodwell- It needs not that I swear by the setting of the stars,
Sale Moreover I swear by the setting of the stars;

56:76
Pickthall- And lo! that verily is a tremendous oath, if ye but knew -
Yusuf Ali -And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew, -
Hilali-Khan- And verily, that is indeed a great oath, if you but know.
Shakir -And most surely it is a very great oath if you only knew;
Sher Ali- And, indeed, that is a grand testimony, if you only knew -
Khalifa -This is an oath, if you only knew, that is awesome.
Arberry -(and that is indeed a mighty oath, did you but know it)
Palmer -and, verily, it is a grand oath if ye did but know -
Rodwell -And it is a great oath, if ye knew it,
Sale - and it [is] surely a great oath, if ye knew [it]; -

Last edited:
majmal. I see the post I am answering is your first, so welcome newbie. I am just glad I am here to refute every word of it.
As can be seen in the following translation it says nothing like the bracketed claims you have made for these verses. Nor does your translation seem to be accurate.

Yusuf Ali translation of the quran sura 81.15 to 81.29 for reference.

81.15 So verily I call to witness the planets - that recede,
81.16 Go straight, or hide;
81.17 And the Night as it dissipates;
81.18 And the Dawn as it breathes away the darkness;-
81.19 Verily this is the word of a most honourable Messenger,
81.20 Endued with Power, with rank before the Lord of the Throne,
81.21 With authority there, (and) faithful to his trust.
81.22 And (O people!) your companion is not one possessed;
81.23 And without doubt he saw him in the clear horizon.
81.24 Neither doth he withhold grudgingly a knowledge of the Unseen.
81.25 Nor is it the word of an evil spirit accursed.
81.26 When whither go ye?
81.27 Verily this is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds:
81.28 (With profit) to whoever among you wills to go straight:
81.29 But ye shall not will except as God wills,- the Cherisher of the Worlds.

With the name of God the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

The Quran swears by destruction of stars and the subsequent formation of black holes to prove it is sent by God. (In 53:1 An oath by the destruction of stars is taken, In 56:75-76 An oath by the enormity of this event is taken, In 81:15-18 Formation of black holes which form after the destruction of giant stars and the fact that matter and light cannot escape is mentioned) - Below are the specific ayaat:

53:1: By the star when it Hawa (destructs, blows up)

53:2: Has neither Dalla (gone astray), Your Companion (Muhammad Blessings and Peace of God be upon him) nor Ghawa (nor is being misled)

53:3: Nor does he speak from Hawa (emotion)

53:4: It is not but a Wahi (revelation, inspiration) Yuha (revealed, inspired)

56:77: That (this) is indeed a recital Kareem (honorable, the Qur'an in Arabic).

56:78: In a Book kept Maknoon (hidden).

56:79: Which (that Book with God) none can touch but the Mutaharoon (purified, the angels, the book in which is pre-written everything that will occur)

56:80: (It is) a tanzeel (sending down of revelation) from the Lord of the Alameen (human beings and Jinn (another creation given the gift of speech))

56:81: Then is it to this statement that you are Mudhinoon (indifferent)

56:82: And make (the thanks) for your provision that you Tukaziboon (lie about the Provider)

56:83: Then why (do you) not, when (death) reaches the Hulqoom (throat)

56:84: And you are at that time Tanzuroon (looking on)

56:85: And we (angels) are nearer to him than you, but you do not Tubsiroon (see)

56:86: Then why (do you) not, if you are not to be Madineen (recompensed, punished or rewarded)

56:87: Bring it (the soul) back, if you are Sadiqeen (truthful?)

56:88: If (the deceased) was of the Muqarabeen (close to God, from the foremost in doing good works)

56:89: Then (for him is) rauh and rayhan and a garden of Naeem (pleasure)

56:90: And if he was of the Ashab Al-Yameen (people of the right)

56:91: Then salam (safety from all bad things, paradise as well) for you, from the Ashab Al-Yameen.

56:92: But if he was from the Mukazibeen (liars and who were) Daaleen (astray, e.g. people with lots of money who didn't care about the starving)

56:93: Then (for him is) accommodation of Hameem (intensely hot scalding water)

56:94: And burning in Jaheem (intense Hellfire)

56:95: Verily, this! This is Haq-ul-Yaqeen (the Truth with certainty)

56:96: Fa sabbih (So declare free from faults) the name of your Lord, Al-Azeem (Tremendous)

81:15: Fa (So) La (No), uqsimu (I swear, I take an oath) by Khunnas (drawn together objects) (When a massive star destructs, it subsequently draws together i.e. 10 times the mass of the sun is drawn to within a 30 km diameter in the stellar category of black holes)

81:16: Those that run (their courses) and Kunnas (sweep whatever is in their path, matter cannot escape)

81:17: And the night as it us'us (the darkness of a black hole is different than regular darkness)

81:18: And the light as it Tanaffus (As it gets pulled in, even light cannot escape)

81:19: Verily, this is the Word (this Qur'an brought by) a messenger Kareem (honourable, Jibrael (Gabriel), from God to the last human messenger)

81:20: (Who is) possessed of power and with the Owner of the Arsh (uppermost construction in heaven), Makeen (secure in position),

81:21: Obeyed there (in the heavens) and Ameen (trustworthy)

81:22: And your companion is not (at all) Majnoon (mad)

81:23: And he has already seen him (Gabriel) in the horizon Mubeen (clear)

81:24: And he (the last messenger) is not with the unseen Daneen (a with-holder, concealer of knowledge)

81:25: And it (the Qur'an) is not the word of Satan, Rajeem (expelled from the heavens).

81:26: So where are you Tazhaboon (going?)

81:27: It (the Quran) is not except a remembrance for the Alameen

81:28: For whoever wills among you that (he or she) Yastaqeem (stay straight, do what is right and avoid straying from what is right)

81:29: And you will not, except (it be) that Allah wills - Lord of the Alameen.

You may verify the words above using any arabic-english lexicon I used Lane's Lexicon.

Everything a man sees is only an illusion that's formed from processed invisible energy, which is our created existence in the mind of our Creator. In other words, we are God's thoughts.

Your translation and distorted commentary on verse in the OP 81.18 says;

But here are the most well known translations of the verse, and they are talking of the dawn.

81:18
Pickthall- And the breath of morning
Yusuf Ali- And the Dawn as it breathes away the darkness; -
Hilali-Khan- And by the dawn as it brightens;
Shakir- And the morning when it brightens,
Sher Ali- And the dawn as it begins to breathe,
Khalifa- And the morn as it breathes.
Arberry- by the dawn sighing,
Palmer- Nor by the morn when it first breathes up!
Rodwell- And by the dawn when it brighteneth,
Sale- and by the morning, when it appeareth;

Here are almost all the translations I have access to, of verse 56.76
I post this to show that none of them speak of a supernova, this verse is speaking of an oath. Which show the error of the comments on it in the opening post.

Quran sura 56.76
Muhammad Asad and, behold, this is indeed a most solemn affirmation, if you but knew it!
M. M. Pickthall And lo! that verily is a tremendous oath, if ye but knew -
Shakir And most surely it is a very great oath if you only knew;
Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-
Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938) And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-
Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar and, truly, that is an oath to be sworn if you know, sublime.
Wahiduddin Khan and, indeed, that is a most mighty oath, if you only knew
T.B.Irving (it is a serious oath, if you only knew it!)
[Al-Muntakhab] And it is an asseveration of immense magnitude if only you knew.
[The Monotheist Group] (2011 Edition) This is an oath, if you only knew, that is great.
Abdel Haleem a mighty oath, if you only knew-
Abdul Majid Daryabadi And verily that is a mighty oath, if ye but knew!
Ahmed Ali And this surely is great evidence if you can understand --
Aisha Bewley and that is a mighty oath if you only knew —
Ali Ünal – It is indeed a very great oath, if you but knew. –
Ali Quli Qara'i And indeed it is a great oath, should you know.
Hamid S. Aziz And most surely it is a very great oath if you only knew;
Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali And surely it is indeed a tremendous oath, if you only know (it)-
Muhammad Sarwar - which is indeed a great oath if only you knew it -
Muhammad Taqi Usmani __and indeed it is a great oath, if you are to appreciate__
Shabbir Ahmed And behold! This, indeed, is a great witness if your knowledge can encompass it.
Syed Vickar Ahamed And surely, that is indeed a mighty and holy oath if you only knew—
Umm Muhammad (Sahih International) And indeed, it is an oath - if you could know - [most] great.
Farook Malik and it is indeed a mighty oath if you but knew it,
Dr. Munir Munshey And it is, indeed, a very solemn oath if you only knew!
Dr. Mohammad Tahir-ul-Qadri And this is a mighty oath if you realize.
Dr. Kamal Omar And surely this indeed is a mighty oath if you know.
Talal A. Itani (new translation) It is an oath, if you only knew, that is tremendous.
Bilal Muhammad (2013 Edition) And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if you only knew,
Maududi and this is indeed a mighty oath, if only you knew –
[The Monotheist Group] (2013 Edition) This is an oath, if only you knew, that is great.

Bijan Moeinian And this is a tremendous oath, if you knew what I mean.
Faridul Haque And that is indeed a tremendous oath, if you understand.
Hasan Al-Fatih Qaribullah and that is a mighty oath, if you but knew
Maulana Muhammad Ali And it is a great oath indeed, if you knew --
Muhammad Ahmed - Samira And that it truly is an oath (E), if you know (it is) great.
Sher Ali And, indeed, that is a grand testimony, if you only knew -
Rashad Khalifa This is an oath, if you only knew, that is awesome.
Ahmed Raza Khan (Barelvi) And that is indeed a tremendous oath, if you understand.
Amatul Rahman Omar And behold! it is a mighty oath, if you only care to know;
Muhsin Khan & Muhammad al-Hilali And verily, that is indeed a great oath, if you but know.

Arthur John Arberry (and that is indeed a mighty oath, did you but know it)
Edward Henry Palmer and, verily, it is a grand oath if ye did but know -
George Sale -- and it is surely a great oath, if ye knew it; --
John Medows Rodwell And it is a great oath, if ye knew it,
N J Dawood (draft) (a mighty oath, if you but knew it)

The opening post give the following as verse 81.17 and adds a comment.

But here are the best known translations of this verse and they show it is speaking of the night closing.

Quran sura 81:17

Pickthall- And the close of night,
Yusuf Ali- And the Night as it dissipates;
Hilali-Khan- And by the night as it departs;
Shakir- And the night when it departs,
Sher Ali- And I call to witness the night as it draws to a close,
Khalifa- By the night as it falls.
Arberry- by the night swarming,
Palmer- Nor by the night when darkness draws on!
Rodwell- And by the night when it cometh darkening on,
Sale- and by the night, when it cometh on;

By what possible leap of fantasy can one add the comment in brackets which is as follows?

(the darkness of a black hole is different than regular darkness)

There is absolutely no reference of any kind to black holes or the state of them in this verse. It is utterly misleading nonsense to say there is.

Since there are very few people here, including the Muslims who are likely to have much to say about this, I expect this thread to die soon. So in conclusion I would like to say that the opening post is full of utter fabrication, and it is a typical example of Islamic propaganda, trying to make out that the quran means something it does not.

As I have told you before; you are trying to make your case using an english translation.

Which will never be able to convey the intent or meaning of the words which were originally written in classical Arabic.

True story......... :cool:

As I have told you before; you are trying to make your case using an english translation.

Which will never be able to convey the intent or meaning of the words which were originally written in classical Arabic.

RUBBISH!

The opening post is not using Arabic, and I stand by everything I have said about it.
In any case I have compared many translations, to avoid falling into the trap of using only one flawed text.

Why should I as an English speaker follow a book that can't be accurately translated into English? The minute I try to translate it for myself, it won't be accurate. It makes no sense.

The opening post is not using Arabic, and I stand by everything I have said about it.
In any case I have compared many translations, to avoid falling into the trap of using only one flawed text.
Like you just said....."I have compared many translations".

I rest my case........ :cool:

Your case is the typical Muslim nonsense that the translations are somehow totally inacurate. When comparing as many as I have shows that most of them say similar things.

ARABIC IS NOT SOME MAGIC LANGUAGE.

In any case the opening post adds totally fabricated nonsense to the verses in brackets.
What is more the translation being used is not like any of the accepted translations to start with. Even in the unlikely event that the OP translation is more accurate than all the rest there is no justification for the comments in brackets. They are complete fantasy.

Why should I as an English speaker follow a book that can't be accurately translated into English? The minute I try to translate it for myself, it won't be accurate. It makes no sense.

I suppose Allah expects us all to learn Arabic, so that we can understand his final message to all mankind.:lol:

Forum List

Back