diabetic feet.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i have tried various oils etc.....from expensive vasoline.....to just plain vasoline.....
none of it giving me the results i want....(fyi for non diabetics...we are curse with dry skin on our feet...80 % of diabetics in hospitals are there due to diabetic foot ulcers)

so now i am trying 'neat feet'.....i read an article about the 'queen of feet' who charges $2,500 for a full pedicure......no that is not a mistake...two grand plus....and she recommends using emu oil...pure emu oil is about 400 bucks a gallon so i went with this product that is a combo of aloe vera, that damn tea tree oil and emu oil. it is fucking pricey....i got it on sale for 10 bucks for 4 ozs...but if it works.....

o and a lesson on typos......i text a friend that i am getting 'emo oil'....she texts back that that is kinda harsh on the punks....

I'm cracking up @ emu oil.

Cocoa butter. In the tub, not in the bottle.
Slather it on at night and wear wool or cotton socks.
Check with your doc first.

010181040009.jpg

Lanolin, Hon. The stuff you use on the boobies while breastfeeding. Ask for it at any drugstore.

Regards from Rosie

There is a product you can get on line. Made in Japan. It's called Baby Foot. It is a plastic bag. The inside is coated with fruit acid. Put one bag on each foot for an hour. Remove the bag and wash your feet. In four days the dead, dry, flaky skin will start to fall off. Your feet will be just like baby feet.

okay update: i got the 100% emu oil....but so far the neat feet seems to work the best...i have used bag balm before ....i have used a variety of products but the neat feet seems to do the best on the feet....i will look for the baby foot....

I don't have a clue on this one. I do use for general purposes, vitamin E lotion and/or cream. Vitamin E has healing factors and when I was duty private duty for for a lady in a nursing home I used it on her at the direction of her daughter who is a pharmacist. That's what got me using it on myself. It's cheap enough and I buy it in the grocery store pharmacy section.

Last edited:
Lanolin, Hon. The stuff you use on the boobies while breastfeeding. Ask for it at any drugstore.

Regards from Rosie
I was going to suggest it as well. 100% natural and found in health stores, cheap and goes a long way. I even use it on one of my dogs paw that has a growth, works better than the godawful expensive stuff at the vets.

Also doing all you can for the diabetes is paramount. I worked at a VA hospital and most of the one and both leg amputees had diabetes and I guess waited too long.

Cococare 100% Cocoa Butter The Yellow Stick 1oz :: Cococare

I don't have diabetes and my skin is healthy but when I lived in the desert, I used to use this on my hands and feet. Cheap and effective.

Other possibilities - shea butter and Vit E.

I mentioned lanolin above but I've recently heard about one of my sisters getting an infection and her doctor telling her lanolin and emu oil cause more infections because its animal-sourced. *shrug* I don't about that but if it were me, I'd go for shea, vit E, cocoa butter.

Good luck.

are you overweight and out of shape? get into a swimming pool and get rid of those problems. Your diabetes (and lots of other problems, too) will be reduced, by a very noticable amount. you don't have to swim, just the cool water will wick away a lot of calories. spend 10 hours a week or more in there, and MOVE in the water. walk, swing your arms, lie back and back stroke a bit, dog paddle, whatever you can do to burn calories and expose more of your skin to water that hasn't been warmed by your body heat.

i have tried various oils etc.....from expensive vasoline.....to just plain vasoline.....
none of it giving me the results i want....(fyi for non diabetics...we are curse with dry skin on our feet...80 % of diabetics in hospitals are there due to diabetic foot ulcers)

so now i am trying 'neat feet'.....i read an article about the 'queen of feet' who charges $2,500 for a full pedicure......no that is not a mistake...two grand plus....and she recommends using emu oil...pure emu oil is about 400 bucks a gallon so i went with this product that is a combo of aloe vera, that damn tea tree oil and emu oil. it is fucking pricey....i got it on sale for 10 bucks for 4 ozs...but if it works.....

o and a lesson on typos......i text a friend that i am getting 'emo oil'....she texts back that that is kinda harsh on the punks....
10 bucks is a great price. This place has a decent regular price and frequent sales.

Thunder Ridge Emu Products Neat Feet with 100% Pure Emu Oil 4 oz Cream - Swanson Health Products

Also a possible cost effective alternate is this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cream-Vitamin-Super-Strength-Ounce/dp/B004VQ7CSM/ref=pd_sim_bt_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=06YH9DTBE1RSKKY15X4Z"]Amazon.com : Emu Oil Cream with Vitamin E -Super Strength 8.8 -Ounce : Body Gels And Creams : Beauty[/ame]

Also comes in a money saving larger size:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Emu-Oil-Cream-Vitamin-Strength/dp/B009EF9NFU/ref=pd_sim_bt_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WZKY0PPHVEDDDWR91V6"]Amazon.com: Emu Oil Cream with Vitamin E - Super Strength, 17.6 Ounces: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

10 bucks is a great price. This place has a decent regular price and frequent sales.

Thunder Ridge Emu Products Neat Feet with 100% Pure Emu Oil 4 oz Cream - Swanson Health Products

Also a possible cost effective alternate is this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cream-Vitamin-Super-Strength-Ounce/dp/B004VQ7CSM/ref=pd_sim_bt_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=06YH9DTBE1RSKKY15X4Z"]Amazon.com : Emu Oil Cream with Vitamin E -Super Strength 8.8 -Ounce : Body Gels And Creams : Beauty[/ame]

Also comes in a money saving larger size:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Emu-Oil-Cream-Vitamin-Strength/dp/B009EF9NFU/ref=pd_sim_bt_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WZKY0PPHVEDDDWR91V6"]Amazon.com: Emu Oil Cream with Vitamin E - Super Strength, 17.6 Ounces: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

As previously noted, both emu and lanolin have been associated with a higher incidence of infection. Vaseline and baby oil are just mineral oil (a petroleum by-product) and sit on top of the skin.

Shea butter, Vit E and cocoa butter are much more compatible with our skin. And, they are cheaper and more easily obtainable.

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Forum List

Back