did david gregory break the law on meet the press holding up that magazine

you don't think its stupid that he, allegedly, can't display such a magazine for purposes of education or news?

and given that i haven't seen the statute i'm not convinced there aren't exemptions or at least additional information.

not to mention the fact that there is ALWAYS prosecutorial discretion....

and it has nothing to do with gregory's politics. i'd suggest you don't know his politics. just like you didn't know his predecessor tim russert's.
D.C. Official Code § 7-2506.01

“(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device
regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large
capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a
capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The
term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to
accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.”​

What does "no person" mean to you?

Where's that exception for "education" or "news"?

:rolleyes:

:lol: You forgot this part:

§ 7-2506.01. Persons permitted to possess ammunition.

(a) No person shall possess ammunition in the District of Columbia unless:
(1) He is a licensed dealer pursuant to subchapter IV of this unit;
(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of the valid registration certificate for a firearm of the same gauge or caliber as the ammunition he possesses; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets; or
(4) He holds an ammunition collector’s certificate on September 24, 1976.
(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

David Gregory presses Wayne LaPierre, may have violated law | The Daily Caller

Uhhh Valerie, THAT part is about ammunition, not magazines...

Are you this stupid IRL??

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.[/I]

Try reading it more closely.

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.[/I]

Try reading it more closely.

I was referring to THIS part...

You forgot this part:

(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of the valid registration certificate for a firearm of the same gauge or caliber as the ammunition he possesses; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets; or

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

so did all the right wing lying about this shit get Gregory arrested yet?

this is why your party is dying

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

did your little tea party end up with you doing all the dishes and getting no tea and cookies?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

did your little tea party end up with you doing all the dishes and getting no tea and cookies?

No but you're still an insane, drunken a-hole. Any other stoooooooopid comments or questions? Or perhaps you'd like to talk about GWB.

so did all the right wing lying about this shit get Gregory arrested yet?

this is why your party is dying

We don't know yet. However, it wouldn't be any surprise of the DC police refused to do their job and arrest Gregory because a lot of powerful Democrat politicians threatened them with retribution. The only thing failure to indict Gregory would show is the sleazy thug politics of Washington DC Democrats.

D.C. Official Code § 7-2506.01

“(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device
regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large
capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a
capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The
term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to
accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.”​

What does "no person" mean to you?

Where's that exception for "education" or "news"?

:rolleyes:

:lol: I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure how all the gun terminology is defined and transferred from one section to another subsection, etc... I was merely trying to hash out the wording of the law, as I read it in the OP article to see how it may apply to this situation, where the news agency reportedly asked the PD and the ATF for permission.

My initial reaction was this is silly, and of course the NBC the legal team must have thought of this beforehand, and IF he broke a law they might get a fine.

Nothing that has been posted here has changed my mind, but now hundreds of posts later dishonest Si is so desperate to feel right, she has to mischaracterize my posts and act all obnoxious, as if I had been harping on the letter of the law, just because Jillian showed up. Still, none of us really knows what happened or what the legal outcome is going to be, but I wouldn't hold my breath for David Gregory to be put in handcuffs! :lol:

What bothers me most is that Si Modo is trying to turn this into a race issue, which I find deplorable. If David Gregory was black the story would be the SAME, the treatment would be the SAME. The penalties for this law vary for a legitimate REASON and that reason is NOT race. blech what a twit

:lol: I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure how all the gun terminology is defined and transferred from one section to another subsection, etc... I was merely trying to hash out the wording of the law, as I read it in the OP article to see how it may apply to this situation, where the news agency reportedly asked the PD and the ATF for permission.

My initial reaction was this is silly, and of course the NBC the legal team must have thought of this beforehand, and IF he broke a law they might get a fine.

Nothing that has been posted here has changed my mind, but now hundreds of posts later dishonest Si is so desperate to feel right, she has to mischaracterize my posts and act all obnoxious, as if I had been harping on the letter of the law, just because Jillian showed up. Still, none of us really knows what happened or what the legal outcome is going to be, but I wouldn't hold my breath for David Gregory to be put in handcuffs! :lol:

What bothers me most is that Si Modo is trying to turn this into a race issue, which I find deplorable. If David Gregory was black the story would be the SAME, the treatment would be the SAME. The penalties for this law vary for a legitimate REASON and that reason is NOT race. blech what a twit

I understand why Si Modo said what she did. DC is predominantly black and Hispanic, and I'd bet that the VAST majority of cases involving this law have been brought against black and Hispanic defendants. I would also guess that the vast majority received the maximum penalty at sentencing, that being a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

What kind of disparity would be illustrated if Mr. Gregory got off scot-free? Would it be thought of as pandering to the white liberals by those who have previously been given the max? I think it would, as the history of disparate sentences between ethnic groups is long and easily observed.

Personally, and as I've said before, I think the law itself is dumber than a box of rocks, but if it's being enforced against the general populace it needs to be enforced against the 'elites' equally.

I understand why Si Modo said what she did. DC is predominantly black and Hispanic, and I'd bet that the VAST majority of cases involving this law have been brought against black and Hispanic defendants. I would also guess that the vast majority received the maximum penalty at sentencing, that being a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

What kind of disparity would be illustrated if Mr. Gregory got off scot-free? Would it be thought of as pandering to the white liberals by those who have previously been given the max? I think it would, as the history of disparate sentences between ethnic groups is long and easily observed.

Personally, and as I've said before, I think the law itself is dumber than a box of rocks, but if it's being enforced against the general populace it needs to be enforced against the 'elites' equally.
Exactly. I don't know why that is so difficult for some to understand.

:dunno:

I read somewhere (I'll try to find it) that the penalty for this particular law ranges from a fine to imprisonment up to a certain amount of time. That means there is room for judicial discretion, presumably with the intent of the law being paramount. We could speculate all sorts of scenarios of judicial discretion under the same law, but truly there is no equating the circumstances unless a similar case involved a similar news story with a black David Gregory.

Last edited:

I read somewhere (I'll try to find it) that the penalty for this particular law ranges from a fine to imprisonment up to a certain amount of time. That means there is room for judicial discretion, presumably with the intent of the law being paramount. We could speculate all sorts of scenarios of judicial discretion under the same law, but truly there is no equating the circumstances unless a similar case involved a similar news story with a black David Gregory.
Still, in the District it is illegal for Gregory to be in possession of that magazine and zero exceptions apply to him, as I am sure zero exceptions apply to all the others in the District who have been punished for being in possession of such an item.

The penalty on the books is a maximum of a $1,000 fine and/or up to a year in jail.

Michelle Malkin » Did NBC’s David Gregory violate DC gun law on Meet the Press?

:lol: In finding that quote ^ (not sure if it's source) I was led to another story where they are now questioning a CNN reporter for possibly breaking a Colorado gun law..and viola that reporter is black!

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV —– Update: CNN’s Don Lemon Admits To Breaking Gun Laws, Too? « The Patriot Perspective

The penalty on the books is a maximum of a $1,000 fine and/or up to a year in jail.

:lol: In finding that quote ^ (not sure if it's source) I was led to another story where they are now questioning a CNN reporter for possibly breaking a Colorado gun law..and viola that reporter is black!

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV —– Update: CNN’s Don Lemon Admits To Breaking Gun Laws, Too? « The Patriot Perspective

I already pointed out the maximum penalty for this crime, I have no idea why you didn't believe me.

If another reporter violated another law he should be charged and treated EQUALLY as any other citizen.

Aurora is in Colorado, how'd their gun laws work out in the 'Batman' massacre?

If it was illegal, we'd have heard something about a fine or at least Gregory being questioned. Instead, he gets the president on his show this Sunday.

It isn't as if anyone would let that guy off the hook just because he's the host of MTP.

I already pointed out the maximum penalty for this crime, I have no idea why you didn't believe me.

If another reporter violated another law he should be charged and treated EQUALLY as any other citizen.

Yes, many in this thread have pointed out the maximum penalty, as well. It's not a great revelation.

If it was illegal, we'd have heard something about a fine or at least Gregory being questioned. Instead, he gets the president on his show this Sunday.

It isn't as if anyone would let that guy off the hook just because he's the host of MTP.
Metro PD is currently investigating Gregory and any others who might be involved.

BFD, he'll go on and blame the GOP for his shortcomings. Is an hour enough for that?

obama%20smoking.jpeg

Last edited:

Yes, many in this thread have pointed out the maximum penalty, as well. It's not a great revelation.

Yet you keep harping on EQUALITY without acknowledging that different circumstances end up with different penalties, ranging from minimum to maximum, for legitimate reasons. You'd rather pretend it's because of race, because you are too stubborn to admit that circumstances and intent matter...

Forum List

Back