Did man create God

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

It was done in an attempt to expalin the unexplainable, to not end when one dies, to feel that there is control in the universe not just randomness.

That's one theory. The other is that God actually exists and He reveals Himself to His children.

There is nothing that is unexplainable.

Av, so inquiring minds want to know, how did god reveal himself to you?

god and the idea of an afterlife were both invented by humans in an attempt to make up for their pathetic lives and fill their sense of entitlement to things

It was done in an attempt to expalin the unexplainable, to not end when one dies, to feel that there is control in the universe not just randomness.

That's one theory. The other is that God actually exists and He reveals Himself to His children.

There is nothing that is unexplainable.

Av, so inquiring minds want to know, how did god reveal himself to you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e6WecwGIQ]YouTube - ‪Streaker gets laid out‬‎[/ame]

Religion can be the ultimate scam.

Do what I say now and you will be rewarded after you die.

That attitude also cheapens the only existence we are proven to have.
Lets make the here and now the best we can instead of killing each other and such.

Religion can be the ultimate scam.

Do what I say now and you will be rewarded after you die.

That attitude also cheapens the only existence we are proven to have.
Lets make the here and now the best we can instead of killing each other and such.

i'm not talking about religion. the concept of "god" came about long before any religion was formed. what i'm trying to get at was why early man concocted the idea of god. can anyone give me info on when the concept came about?

and i fail to see how belief in a higher power cheapens the existence we have. it's a fairly uneducated view of religion that says a belief in god leads to killing.

i think if the 20th century has taught us anything it's that the opposite is true.
what were the strong religious views of stalin, mao and hitler?

Last edited:
As I said before explaining the stars moon weather disasters disease, etc required a God or series of gods to explain. It seems the most early Gods had a speciality. The sea, the weather, fertility, etc.

Man realized he had some control over some small things so the bigger things must require someone more powerful (Gods) to control them as well?

Last edited:
"And man has actually invented God. And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man. So holy it is, so touching, so wise and so great a credit it does to man. As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created God or God man." Dostoevsky

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Eatith Shitith ya skank moron! Your book has no more validity than a Superman comic. It is a tragic waste of trees. There is a hundred times more value in a cord of firewood. Try making a case for your invisible friend without "quoting" some deluded halucinating ramblings 100 or more years after the "fact".

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And that was written by man.

Mankind has created many gods over the years.

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

I was waiting for that.
CONTROL.

Attachments

• $Religion keeps poor poor.jpg
    $Religion keeps poor poor.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 58
Control is the real issue. Back ...way back.... life was precarious at best. Mans mind was way ahead of the development of his other tools of survival, most of which failed him miserably being that he was the slowest item on the menu of the food chain.. Eventually He had out thought all of the situations that could immediately kill him where he had some quick solution be it make an escape or build a fire. After securing a few moments to ponder something other than not being lunch for some other species he started to try to make sense of his surroundings. He learned new concepts such as "why" which held no value when running from a lion. Man began to observe. More like "glimpse". Somewhere between then and now he started speculating. Trying to gain an edge... He was almost always wrong...and learned to "trust" those that guessed right more often than the others. The Shaman and oracle were invented. These "wise" men figured out that they could avoid getting killed for their "bad" advice if they deflected to an idol for the mischief they could not predict. The concept of God. the ultimate idol, was born

"And man has actually invented God. And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man. So holy it is, so touching, so wise and so great a credit it does to man. As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created God or God man." Dostoevsky

Did man create God? No.

Eatith Shitith ya skank moron! Your book has no more validity than a Superman comic. It is a tragic waste of trees. There is a hundred times more value in a cord of firewood. Try making a case for your invisible friend without "quoting" some deluded halucinating ramblings 100 or more years after the "fact".

Each of us choose our own path in life. I have faith in my God, evidently you do not. To me and many millions of people of this world the Bible is our word of life, everlasting life. To those that don't believe, that is your right as a human being, and we take pity on you because you will have everlasting life, in the pits of hell, because you cannot see beyond the tip of your noses!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Did man create God? No.

Each of us choose our own path in life. I have faith in my God, evidently you do not. To me and many millions of people of this world the Bible is our word of life, everlasting life. To those that don't believe, that is your right as a human being, and we take pity on you because you will have everlasting life, in the pits of hell, because you cannot see beyond the tip of your noses!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U921abH7jIk]YouTube - ‪Do it NOW says Mr. T! I Pity The Fool‬‎[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0]YouTube - ‪Rocky 3 - Mr. T - I pity the fool‬‎[/ame]

Is there any proof of life after death?

And don't give me the bright light/tunnel thing because that has happened to me and is apparently just the optic nerve or somesuch shutting down.

Last edited:
Is there any proof of life after death?

And don't give me the bright light/tunnel thing because that has happened to me and is apparently just the optic nerve or somesuch shutting down.

It's not about proof but faith. Do you have proof that Armstrong landed on the moon? No, you have faith in the newspaper report or the TV feed you saw when he uttered those words "One small step for man; one giant leap for mankind." You were not there so you have to rely on others so you have to have faith in them.

Forum List

Back