Did obama stop collecting funds from his books when he became POTUS?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Im just wondering. I mean, for consistency purposes and all that.. You know what I mean, TDS sufferers?
How many foreign leaders bought one of his books?
Yes, I can still hear you hacks outrage.

Im just wondering. I mean, for consistency purposes and all that.. You know what I mean, TDS sufferers?
false equivalency
Can you explain how it's false?
It is false because TN equivalency is not about the difference. The issue is not about Trump making money. The issue is whether his official acts are affected by what he promises to make the income. That was never an issue for Obama. Obama kept nearly all his money in a simple checking account, and placed other money out of his reach.

The issue is simple transparency. No one can know whether Trump benefits from the office. All other potuses have made sure we all know they cannot. Basically by using blind trusts. Trump cannot do that because he owes more than his actual buildings are worth. It's all cross collateralized, and he cannot sell it because the actual value in in the label Trump.

It is what it is. There's no sense in harping on it. He's elected and he can do this without breaking a law. But there's no need to pretend he's behaving transparently like all other potuses have done.

false equivalency
It is false because TN equivalency is not about the difference. The issue is not about Trump making money. The issue is whether his official acts are affected by to make the income. That was never an issue for Obama. Obama kept nearly all his money in a simple checking account, and placed other money out of his reach.

The issue is simple transparency. No one can know whether Trump benefits from the office. All other potuses have made sure we all know they cannot. Basically by using blind trusts. Trump cannot do that because he owes more than his actual buildings are worth. It's all cross collateralized, and he cannot sell it because the actual value in in the label Trump.

It is what it is. There's no sense in harping on it. He's elected and he can do this without breaking a law. But there's no need to pretend he's behaving transparently like all other potuses have done.
State Department defends buying Obama’s books

I'm glad you find reality and honesty funny TN Not surprised though.
Glad to know you speak for everyone when, with a lot, the way they are acting is completely different. Nice try though
"If a foreign leader rents a hotel room its a gift and violates the law DDDDEEEERRRR"

false equivalency
It is false because TN equivalency is not about the difference. The issue is not about Trump making money. The issue is whether his official acts are affected by what he promises to make the income. That was never an issue for Obama. Obama kept nearly all his money in a simple checking account, and placed other money out of his reach.

What he is doing is what he campaigned on. Helping business out and sure it will help his own and every one else's too. Liberals love jobs but hate businesses. That cannot be explained.

Forum List

Back