Die Schönsten Bahnstrecken

I get in these dark, creepy moods a lot, getting my Goth on, you could say. The next series of videos fits that mood perfectly. I wonder why goth metal bands don't shoot videos in these places, they'd be perfect.

First, from beautiful downtown Transylvania in Romania, part 1 of 4:

Parts 2 and 3:

This features the most awesome retaing walls on the planet:

(at about 5:45 you might as well go to part 4, the trains sit still here for the rest of this segment:

And this one, from Slovenia, it makes me want to go to a Cure concert.

Why don't goth metal bands shoot videos here?

It's called Frankfurt an der Oder because of the Oder river. The other Frankfurt, the Wall Street of Germany, the much larger city, is located on the Main river, hence, Frankfurt am Main (FFaM). :)

Thank you for the correction. I should have known, I know about the Main River. My brain must have been unplugged. I'll check with better sources next time!

Belgium's government collapsed, and the country took a hit from the global economic collapse in '08. The result is that there are places in Belgium that look much like the US's Rust Belt. Other than the fact that public transportation in the Upper Ohio Valley is virtually nonexistent this town could be dropped right next to Weirton, West Virginia, Steubenville, Ohio, or Midland, Pennsylvania.

Pining for the fjords?

Norway's Bergensbahn runs from Oslo to Bergen and the trip lasts over seven hours. This segment gets you up close and personal with some of the lakes along the way.

(Check out the guy skiing at 37:43, and again in the distance at 40:05.)

Last edited:
I bet you thought all the cable car rides were in the Alps.

From the description: "Double speed footage of views from a cable car as it ascends Monte Calamorro and into the clouds from the town of Benalmadena on Spain's Costa Del Sol."

The ride starts in an amusement park, goes through town, crosses a 6-lane highway, goes up a mountain, dips over a little valley, then goes the rest of the way up the mountain. It is badass.

Last edited:
This one's in the Port of Barcelona.

The yacht that's docked at 4:35 - it's just my size. I'd look real pretty in it. :banana:

The historic Soller Railway runs between Soller and Palma de Mallorca on the Spanish island of Mallorca.

Thanks, Stat! The castle gig had to be awesome - do they often have concerts in them?

The grape fields - they're in a lot of the videos in my playlists, they're all over that part of Germany (y'know, Rhine wines... ) but the way those vines are perched on the sides of some steep hills, I don't know if I'd want to be a grape-picker.

Forum List

Back