Die Schönsten Bahnstrecken

Here's a much nicer ride, in 2 parts. Part 1 takes a bit, but after 20 minutes or so you'll find yourself next to the Rhine, passing through a series of Olde Townes with castles all over the place.

I've only watched this one so far because I love castles! I just wish I could go there myself to see them with my own eyes! :)

I've only watched this one so far because I love castles! I just wish I could go there myself to see them with my own eyes! :)

Me too. I doubt that I'll ever make it there during this incarnation, so I watch these videos as the next best thing.

From France, the Mont Blanc Express runs from the border zone of Italy/Switzerland/France to near Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in the Alps. Very lovely ride in 2 parts:

The thread has some provocation potential but that´s nothing for me.
I show you the Müngstener Brücke instead, that connects Remscheid, where I live, with Solingen, where ISIS recruits. Once its name was Kaiser Wilhelm Brücke, but the name was later "political corrected".

"Dronie" of the bridge:

Last edited:
The popular Diakofto - Kalavrita Railway in Greece follows, crosses, and runs parallel to the very trail Xerxes himself marched with his troops.

From Wikipdia:
The Gyermekvasút (English: Children's Railway) or Line 7 is a narrow gauge railway line in Budapest, Hungary, which connects Széchényi-hegy and Hűvösvölgy and is 11.2 km long. The former name of the line was Uttörővasút (Pioneer Railway, in reference to the communist scouts), and now the official designation is MÁV Zrt. Széchenyi-hegyi Gyermekvasút. Except the train driver, all of the posts are operated by children, beside adult supervision.

Q: When is a city bus not a city bus?

A: When someone in Adelaide, Australia turns it into a train.

30 years ago this ride was in East Germany. It goes from east Berlin to Frankfurt Oder.

When the Soviets took over East Germany, they changed the names of some towns to copy existing cities. So Frankfurt Oder (Other) is not the real Frankfurt. The real Frankfurt is in the southwest corner of Germany.

It's called Frankfurt an der Oder because of the Oder river. The other Frankfurt, the Wall Street of Germany, the much larger city, is located on the Main river, hence, Frankfurt am Main (FFaM). :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Forum List

Back