Digital Noise Graffiti

Yes, the band project which some of us on here are involved in. Making this a sticky so those who are trying to keep up can find it easier. First post, links to the "big lists", after this I will post all the vids in here and you can critique them here.

Youtube:
YouTube - KittenKoder's Channel

Alternate:
Digital Noise Graffiti

The big difference in the alternate site is that the player there is smaller for those who can't get the Youtube ones to work well or at all.

I have to share this, even though it tips our hand as to what song we're currently working on, but the work done by band member SirNim is really too good not to share.

He sent me his instrumental-only version of this, for us to use with our parody lyrics. We worked about two weeks on it, but there's simply no match for SirNim's talents, as you will soon see.

This song is the old "Shriner's Convention" by Ray Stevens. After SirNim sent me his version, I digitally remastered the original, right off the vinyl record. I put it in the studio WITH SirNim's version! A little compressing, a little tweaking, Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding, and we have this song upgraded for the 21st Century!

SirNim jams with Ray Stevens:

>ClickMe<

The pot is still bubbling, we are still cooking up new songs. Working on three at the moment, all in different phases of construction.....

The fun continues!

Okay, I am having a difficult time testing the site, works fine on my computer but not others. Anyone please check it out and let me know if you see anything wrong or if it can't load up at all.

Digital Noise Graffiti

Since I have gotten better, I redid the video for the first one, and Midnight Marauder recut the audio to make it sound better:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMhCmPC69c]YouTube - Money4Nuthin Re[/ame]

The strange fact about this one, the hi-res models and the low-res models are the same models, all I did was turn off the subsurfacing and smoothing to get them to look like "blocks" ... then I turned off shadowing to make them look CAD like.

The strange fact about this one, the hi-res models and the low-res models are the same models, all I did was turn off the subsurfacing and smoothing to get them to look like "blocks" ... then I turned off shadowing to make them look CAD like.
By the way, I never promised the singing would be any better, just the production! :badgrin:

It's quickly getting to the point where the singing doesn't do your videos any justice at all.

By the way, I never promised the singing would be any better, just the production! :badgrin:

It's quickly getting to the point where the singing doesn't do your videos any justice at all.

Oh no, your singing is great. The production quality has improved to. Your newest songs are as good as all the popular parody singers (Weird Al) and remember, Kurt Cobain couldn't sing at all, he was famous for the image and lyrics. Hobbies are on going learning experiences, otherwise they get boring. I really do like the new version of the song on this one better, the original had a strange sound to it on my computer but this one sounds almost perfect.

Oh no, your singing is great. The production quality has improved to. Your newest songs are as good as all the popular parody singers (Weird Al) and remember, Kurt Cobain couldn't sing at all, he was famous for the image and lyrics. Hobbies are on going learning experiences, otherwise they get boring. I really do like the new version of the song on this one better, the original had a strange sound to it on my computer but this one sounds almost perfect.
I have no such illusions. I know the vocals suck. I have no vocal training at all. And it shows.

But, the spirit of what we're doing -- having some fun with a few friends -- is what it's all about.

Open note to all: All are welcome to join in. We need:

• Vocalists, male and female
  • Lyricists -- mostly to write alternative parody lyrics to familiar songs
  • Fresh Idea Folks: Suggestions on new songs. Although thus far we haven't been short of ideas, the more the merrier.
This is all strictly volunteer, what you can when you can, for fun.

And it is fun!

Yes, the band project which some of us on here are involved in. Making this a sticky so those who are trying to keep up can find it easier. First post, links to the "big lists", after this I will post all the vids in here and you can critique them here.

Youtube:
YouTube - KittenKoder's Channel

Alternate:
Digital Noise Graffiti

The big difference in the alternate site is that the player there is smaller for those who can't get the Youtube ones to work well or at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - money4nuttin

Kinda long awaited ... finally finished one.

you're almost there.

keep on truckin'

Just did this an hour or so ago for Magpie Mae's "Kill the health care" thread. Video out shortly:

Lyrics: (To the tune of "My Girl Bill")

Kill, the bill
Kill kill, the bill
How may times do we got to tell you kill the
Kill the bill
From conception to reality, REALLY fast!

Click below to listen, and spread this wealth around.... LIBERALLY!

Kill the Bill -- Midnight Marauder | Excellence in Podcasting Networks

Pelosi's hands were shaking, as she gripped the podium
She was twitching and blinking, like being hit with a taser.
She knows the gig is up, that she doesn't have the votes.
All we've been saying to her is kill the.... Bill

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
How many times do we gotta tell you kill the
Kill the bill.

Obama's out there flapping, delaying trips and other things
He seems to be a slow learner, and has trouble with math.
He says his plan will reduce costs 3000 percent -- now where did he get that?
When all we've tried to tell him for a year is 'kill the.... Bill"

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
Kill the bill.

Bill Clinton chimed in, said we gotta pass health care
Says if we would have done his plan, none of the problems would be there
Mr. Clinton you have a short memory, we told you no before
And all we ask is the same, just kill it, Bill

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
Kill the bill.

Talkin about Obama Care just kill the
Kill the bill!

In the absence of KittenKoder, Steve Parry (trlrtrash13 here) put together a little video for "Kill the Bill," re-using some stock DNG footage. Enjoy.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=3-eQZxnW0EY&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube - Kill The Bill[/ame]

Just finished this 5 minutes ago. Clicky below:

Hi-De-Ho (Gonna get me some new congressmen) -- Midnight Marauder | Excellence in Podcasting Networks

Video out soon!

Lyrics:

Hi De Ho
Hi De Hi
Gonna Get me
Some new congressmen
Gonna get me
A new President
Singin' Hi de hi de hi de hi de Hooooo

We been down so low
Bottom looked like up
Once I thought that 'hope and change'
Was enough to fill my cup
So I gave 'em my vote
But there ain't been no change
Things have gotten so much worse
And my vote they have estranged

Hi de ho
Hi de hi
Gonna get me some new congressmen
Gonna get me a new President
Singing hi de hi de hi de hi de hooooo.

[Instrumental interlude]

Once I met Obama
He was mighty slick
Tempted me with hope and change
Said -you can have your pick-
But when he laid that bullshit on me
it was already too late
I said thank you very kindly
But I've seen your act of late

Hi de ho
Hi de hi
Singin' hi de hi de hi de hi de hooooo.
Hi de ho
Hi de hi
Singin' hi de hi de hi de hi de hoooo

[Repeat to fade]

Just did this an hour or so ago for Magpie Mae's "Kill the health care" thread. Video out shortly:

Lyrics: (To the tune of "My Girl Bill")

Kill, the bill
Kill kill, the bill
How may times do we got to tell you kill the
Kill the bill
From conception to reality, REALLY fast!

Click below to listen, and spread this wealth around.... LIBERALLY!

Kill the Bill -- Midnight Marauder | Excellence in Podcasting Networks

Pelosi's hands were shaking, as she gripped the podium
She was twitching and blinking, like being hit with a taser.
She knows the gig is up, that she doesn't have the votes.
All we've been saying to her is kill the.... Bill

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
Kill the bill.

Obama's out there flapping, delaying trips and other things
He seems to be a slow learner, and has trouble with math.
He says his plan will reduce costs 3000 percent -- now where did he get that?
When all we've tried to tell him for a year is 'kill the.... Bill"

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
Kill the bill.

Bill Clinton chimed in, said we gotta pass health care
Says if we would have done his plan, none of the problems would be there
Mr. Clinton you have a short memory, we told you no before
And all we ask is the same, just kill it, Bill

Kill the bill
Kill kill the bill
Kill the bill.

Talkin about Obama Care just kill the
Kill the bill!

:lol:

this would go over great at an insurance industry convention.

:lol:

this would go over great at an insurance industry convention.
Yes, it would be jeered. The last thing big insurance and big pharma want is for this bill to be killed. They stand to make BILLIONS off of it they never could otherwise.

Were I a friend of big insurance and big pharma, I would craft a bill such as the one they're about to vote on.

Forum List

Back