Dilbert Creator Endorses Hillary – Out of Fear for Personal Safety

He's right about one thing. Democrats will have to move from rhetoric to action. They can only accuse republicans of being the devil's spawn for so long. If republicans are nazis, then aren't democrats obligated to do something about it? The step between words and actions get smaller every day. If democrats are to be taken seriously, at some point they will have to stop talking and start doing or forever be empty blowhards.

I guess I agree with that. If someone abandons their beliefs because of the threat of violence, what does that say about them?
If it is Scott Adams they are probably joking.

Scott Adams‏@ScottAdamsSays
Scott Adams Retweeted ((General Goodsman))

I endorsed Hillary Clinton to protect myself from people like this guy: http://bit.ly/1U72KIT

Scott Adams Blog

My Endorsement for President of the United States
Posted June 5th, 2016 @ 10:11am in #Trump #clinton2016

I’ve decided to come off the sidelines and endorse a candidate for President of the United States.

I’ll start by reminding readers that my politics don’t align with any of the candidates. My interest in the race has been limited to Trump’s extraordinary persuasion skills. But lately Hillary Clinton has moved into the persuasion game – and away from boring facts and policies – with great success. Let’s talk about that.

This past week we saw Clinton pair the idea of President Trump with nuclear disaster, racism, Hitler, the Holocaust, and whatever else makes you tremble in fear.

That is good persuasion if you can pull it off because fear is a strong motivator. It is also a sharp pivot from Clinton’s prior approach of talking about her mastery of policy details, her experience, and her gender. Trump took her so-called “woman card” and turned it into a liability. So Clinton wisely pivoted. Her new scare tactics are solid-gold persuasion. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Clinton’s numbers versus Trump improve in June, at least temporarily, until Trump finds a counter-move.

The only downside I can see to the new approach is that it is likely to trigger a race war in the United States. And I would be a top-ten assassination target in that scenario because once you define Trump as Hitler, you also give citizens moral permission to kill him. And obviously it would be okay to kill anyone who actively supports a genocidal dictator, including anyone who wrote about his persuasion skills in positive terms. (I’m called an “apologist” on Twitter, or sometimes just Joseph Goebbels).

If Clinton successfully pairs Trump with Hitler in your mind – as she is doing – and loses anyway, about a quarter of the country will think it is morally justified to assassinate their own leader. I too would feel that way if an actual Hitler came to power in this country. I would join the resistance and try to take out the Hitler-like leader. You should do the same. No one wants an actual President Hitler.

So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd. But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

As I have often said, I have no psychic powers and I don’t know which candidate would be the best president. But I do know which outcome is most likely to get me killed by my fellow citizens. So for safety reason, I’m on team Clinton.

My prediction remains that Trump will win in a landslide based on his superior persuasion skills. But don’t blame me for anything President Trump does in office because I endorse Clinton.

The rest of you are on your own. Good luck.

If you don’t like this endorsement, you might enjoy my book because it doesn’t endorse anyone.

I guess I agree with that. If someone abandons their beliefs because of the threat of violence, what does that say about them?
If it is Scott Adams they are probably joking.

Scott Adams‏@ScottAdamsSays
Scott Adams Retweeted ((General Goodsman))

I endorsed Hillary Clinton to protect myself from people like this guy: http://bit.ly/1U72KIT

Scott Adams Blog

My Endorsement for President of the United States
Posted June 5th, 2016 @ 10:11am in #Trump #clinton2016

I’ve decided to come off the sidelines and endorse a candidate for President of the United States.

I’ll start by reminding readers that my politics don’t align with any of the candidates. My interest in the race has been limited to Trump’s extraordinary persuasion skills. But lately Hillary Clinton has moved into the persuasion game – and away from boring facts and policies – with great success. Let’s talk about that.

This past week we saw Clinton pair the idea of President Trump with nuclear disaster, racism, Hitler, the Holocaust, and whatever else makes you tremble in fear.

That is good persuasion if you can pull it off because fear is a strong motivator. It is also a sharp pivot from Clinton’s prior approach of talking about her mastery of policy details, her experience, and her gender. Trump took her so-called “woman card” and turned it into a liability. So Clinton wisely pivoted. Her new scare tactics are solid-gold persuasion. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Clinton’s numbers versus Trump improve in June, at least temporarily, until Trump finds a counter-move.

The only downside I can see to the new approach is that it is likely to trigger a race war in the United States. And I would be a top-ten assassination target in that scenario because once you define Trump as Hitler, you also give citizens moral permission to kill him. And obviously it would be okay to kill anyone who actively supports a genocidal dictator, including anyone who wrote about his persuasion skills in positive terms. (I’m called an “apologist” on Twitter, or sometimes just Joseph Goebbels).

If Clinton successfully pairs Trump with Hitler in your mind – as she is doing – and loses anyway, about a quarter of the country will think it is morally justified to assassinate their own leader. I too would feel that way if an actual Hitler came to power in this country. I would join the resistance and try to take out the Hitler-like leader. You should do the same. No one wants an actual President Hitler.

So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd. But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

As I have often said, I have no psychic powers and I don’t know which candidate would be the best president. But I do know which outcome is most likely to get me killed by my fellow citizens. So for safety reason, I’m on team Clinton.

My prediction remains that Trump will win in a landslide based on his superior persuasion skills. But don’t blame me for anything President Trump does in office because I endorse Clinton.

The rest of you are on your own. Good luck.

If you don’t like this endorsement, you might enjoy my book because it doesn’t endorse anyone.
So it WAS satire. Good one.

It sounds to me like he is trying to be funny, and isn't.
Liberals are always prone to violence over political issues. I think he's perfectly serious. Just look at the last few dozen riots. It's always liberals doing it.

Do you think Adams has a valid point here?

So, how did President Obama do on the job? Was he a good president?

If you have an answer in your head – either yes or no – it proves you don’t know how to make decisions. No judgement can be made about Obama’s performance because there is nothing to which it can be compared. No one else in a parallel universe was president at the same time, doing different things and getting different results.

I’m not a fan of everything our president has done, but I feel as if historians will rank him as one of our best presidents. Definitely in the top 20%.
If you really believe that, then you live in one of those parallel universe's you spoke of.

LOL....funny how you want to cite Adams when you agree with him- but not when you disagree with him.

Liberals are always prone to violence over political issues. I think he's perfectly serious. Just look at the last few dozen riots. It's always liberals doing it.

If you have an answer in your head – either yes or no – it proves you don’t know how to make decisions. No judgement can be made about Obama’s performance because there is nothing to which it can be compared. No one else in a parallel universe was president at the same time, doing different things and getting different results.

I’m not a fan of everything our president has done, but I feel as if historians will rank him as one of our best presidents. Definitely in the top 20%.
If you really believe that, then you live in one of those parallel universe's you spoke of.

LOL....funny how you want to cite Adams when you agree with him- but not when you disagree with him.
I was referring to your ludicrous claim that Oblunder was a good President.

I’m not a fan of everything our president has done, but I feel as if historians will rank him as one of our best presidents. Definitely in the top 20%

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.

I’m not a fan of everything our president has done, but I feel as if historians will rank him as one of our best presidents. Definitely in the top 20%

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.
Well, considering the topic under discussion, it was said under duress. He's probably afraid of Obama supporters too. Poor guy. :)

Sorry ya'll, but Dilbert is almost painfully unfunny.
But he does hit the nail on the head!

f0ed023af7a0d21fd5da18c06eab8db3.jpg

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.
Well, considering the topic under discussion, it was said under duress. He's probably afraid of Obama supporters too. Poor guy. :)

LOL- ah so you consider Adams honesty to be based upon whether you agree with what he said.

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.

LOL- ah so you consider Adams honesty to be based upon whether you agree with what he said.

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.
Tell me you have never agreed with something someone said, while disagreeing with something else they said, or shut your ignorant yap.

Riiiiight....because Hillary is homicidal

Riiiiight....because Hillary is homicidal

IMO, his reasoning is valid.

"This past week we saw Clinton pair the idea of President Trump with nuclear disaster, racism, Hitler, the Holocaust, and whatever else makes you tremble in fear. That is good persuasion if you can pull it off because fear is a strong motivator. "

"The only downside I can see to the new approach is that it is likely to trigger a race war in the United States. And I would be a top-ten assassination target in that scenario because once you define Trump as Hitler, you also give citizens moral permission to kill him. And obviously it would be okay to kill anyone who actively supports a genocidal dictator, including anyone who wrote about his persuasion skills in positive terms. (I’m called an “apologist” on Twitter, or sometimes just Joseph Goebbels).

If Clinton successfully pairs Trump with Hitler in your mind – as she is doing – and loses anyway, about a quarter of the country will think it is morally justified to assassinate their own leader. I too would feel that way if an actual Hitler came to power in this country. I would join the resistance and try to take out the Hitler-like leader. You should do the same. No one wants an actual President Hitler."

Just stating that you disagree, is one thing.

Normally, that would be followed by explaining WHY you think his reasoning is NOT sound.

That's sort of the way debate works.

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.

Not my claim.

Scott Adams claim.

I've seen this confusion before.

YOu seen to think that he is citing Scott Adams AS AN AUTHORITY, that we should defer to.

What he is actually doing is presenting Scott Adams reasoning on this particular point, because he believes that Adams has made a good point.

He is expecting that Adams argument will be examined and stand or fall based on it's own merits and what, if any arguments those who disagree can raise against it.

Sorry ya'll, but Dilbert is almost painfully unfunny. Now Bill Watterson on the other hand is brilliant and thought-provoking.

are you kidding. Dilbert is HILARIOUS.

You know why? We've all worked in that office. We've all had our own version of the Pointy-Haired Boss.

Forum List

Back