Disney promotes conformity!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
8-Year-Old Star Wars Fan Takes On Disney and Wins

Izzy Cornwaite is a hero.

I firmly believe that space opera should be enjoyed by all. Perhaps there is a generation gap with these executives. Perhaps they were the popular kids and still believe sci fi/fantasy interests a tiny subset of the population. They would probably crap their pants if I told them several of the football players/popular students I knew enjoyed Mass Effect.

U.S. Women Control the Purse Strings
Females have more financial power now. With that more control of TV.

That means if Disney continues to promote this rigid social conformity we will see more shows like the Kardashians and less shows like Star Trek. Space opera will most likely survive on the big screen but will decline in the literary and television mediums. So to preserve these genres on TV we must promote love of sci fi and fantasy in young girls.

I can't find it, but there was a research study done a few years back on the differences between the sexes.

Part of the study involved placing girls in a room filled with traditional girls toys; Barbie dolls and the like. The girl subjects played as expected - Barbie and Ken go to the prom, tea parties, etc.

Then the girls were removed and boys were placed in the same room with the same toys. The boys stood around bored for a few minutes, then one had the idea to strip all the clothes off Barbie, bend the doll at the waist at a right angle, and use the doll for a gun. The others followed suit, and soon there was a loud, raucous war game in the toy room with naked Barbie dolls.

I can't find it, but there was a research study done a few years back on the differences between the sexes.
Part of the study involved placing girls in a room filled with traditional girls toys; Barbie dolls and the like. The girl subjects played as expected - Barbie and Ken go to the prom, tea parties, etc.
Then the girls were removed and boys were placed in the same room with the same toys. The boys stood around bored for a few minutes, then one had the idea to strip all the clothes off Barbie, bend the doll at the waist at a right angle, and use the doll for a gun. The others followed suit, and soon there was a loud, raucous war game in the toy room with naked Barbie dolls.
Boys and girls are different - what a surprise. /sarcasm
Sadly, today too many people seem to want to demand that such is not true when it clearly is. That really does not matter to the OP though – it was merely a labeling deal and the 8 year old did not really ‘take on’ Disney. They simply wrote a letter that the gender tags were silly (as they are) and Disney removed them. Good story IMHO.
We do not have ‘girl’ toys and ‘boy’ toys in my house. The kids play with what they will. My son, for instance, likes dollhouses so he got one for his birthday. It was rather funny to me when we discovered he wanted it to turn it into a showroom for his cars…

Space opera should be for everybody!

commander-shepherd.jpg

mass-effect-shepard.jpg

Commander Shepard said so!

I don't actually care about this social justice stuff. But if it gives me what I want so be it! I just want to see more lasers and spaceships on TV.

Forum List

Back