Disney‘s ‘The Little Mermaid‘ Trailer Gets More than 1 Million Dislikes in One Week, Left Blames ‘MAGA Racists‘

Then why are you bloviating about something you have not seen? It’s a bad movie all around. Writing,acting,cinematography etc. which you would know if you watched it.

I am merely laughing my ass off at you folks triggered by a black mermaid.

Why are you seeing kids movies?

Shameless revisionism simply to virtue signal your wokeness to the rest of the world, is pure stupidity. And Youtube making the "dislike" statistics invisible on their videos shows you how the "woke"left wants to manipulate you into believing their narrative.

Fortunately, there is a browser add-on that un-hides the "dislikes" and allows you to see the true ratio of "likes" to "dislikes" viewers attributed to their videos. I installed that add-on and compared some Biden videos to Trump videos on Youtube. The contrast was unbelievable.

Return YouTube Dislike – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

"The first full trailer for Disney’s live-action version of The Little Mermaid is proving to be massively unpopular, garnering more than 1 million “dislikes” on YouTube less than a week after its unveiling Sunday during the Oscars.

Left-wing activists, including Disney star Josh Gad, are blaming “MAGA racists” for the overwhelmingly negative reaction while neglecting to mention that similar trashings have befallen other remakes, including last year’s live-action Pinnochio and 2016’s female-centric Ghostbusters, both of which had predominantly white casts.

The Little Mermaid trailer has accumulated 1.1 million “dislikes” on YouTube as of Friday afternoon, while the number of “likes” stands at just 196,000, according to a Google Chrome extension that unblocks the “dislikes” counter."

Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' Trailer Gets More than 1 Million Dislikes in One Week, Left Blames 'MAGA Racists'

Think I'm lying? These are facts, folks. They speak for themselves.

View attachment 767229
View attachment 767230
View attachment 767231
View attachment 767232
View attachment 767233
View attachment 767234
View attachment 767235
View attachment 767236
That we have a media of whatever type that presumes moral authority to control what people will see and, by default, what they will embrace or believe, takes us ever dangerously closer to totalitarianism. And that so many on the left see no problem with that is downright scary.

List what makes a movie woke by Hollywood standards and you will have described Peter Pan and Wendy.

Insufferable female lead..Check
Lead Male hero is actually the villain ( and useless)…Check
Villain is actually sympathetic not evil…Check
Female centric..Check
Random race swaps…Check
Crappy writing where they tell you the story through lectures instead of showing you via action….Check
Story minus the soul of the original story so it’s boring and makes no sense….Check

Then why are you bloviating about something you have not seen? It’s a bad movie all around. Writing,acting,cinematography etc. which you would know if you watched it.

How do you know it's bad since you haven't seen it? Prejudiced much?

The original had a distinct story that motivated the characters. The writers not only changed the look of the characters,but also their motivations. ( in both this movie and Peter Pan). And they did it on purpose to pander. Doesn’t matter if cartoons are real. They were changed and are now not what fans liked about the original.

So what? It's a CARTOON.

Someone had to allow Disney to use the story and who do you think that was?

Most likely the creator or the people who own the rights of the story and guess what they did it for the MONEY so if the creator of the story was really worried about his or her artistic vision being marred by a Black actress they could have refused to license the rights to Disney

AND the Hans Christian Anderson is DEAD so does it really matter if he was a racist and didn;t want a Black actress portraying his character

So what? It's a CARTOON.

Someone had to allow Disney to use the story and who do you think that was?

Most likely the creator or the people who own the rights of the story and guess what they did it for the MONEY so if the creator of the story was really worried about his or her artistic vision being marred by a Black actress they could have refused to license the rights to Disney

AND the Hans Christian Anderson is DEAD so does it really matter if he was a racist and didn;t want a Black actress portraying his character
Then don’t get mad when the paying audience or fans don’t like your product.

Then don’t get mad when the paying audience or fans don’t like your product.

It ain't my product, Honey.

And I'm not mad I'm just amazed at the fucking stupidity of you people

Really how many of these yahoos pissed of that a Black girl ( THE FUCKING HORROR) is put in a role were actually going to go see the movie?

I'm just trying to figure out why you people care so much about a stupid children's movie

Because children are stupid enough already. We don't need movies that make them mega-stupid.

It ain't my product, Honey.

And I'm not mad I'm just amazed at the fucking stupidity of you people

Really how many of these yahoos pissed of that a Black girl ( THE FUCKING HORROR) is put in a role were actually going to go see the movie?
If Disney is not making it for the fans of the IP…who is it for?

How many of these people who are whining about a Black actress are really going to see the movie?
How many people who were never fans of the original are going to go? That’s Disneys problem. In these weird remakes and sequels they are catering to a non existent market. See Lightyear…which bombed at the theatre.

How many people who were never fans of the original are going to go? That’s Disneys problem. In these weird remakes and sequels they are catering to a non existent market. See Lightyear…which bombed at the theatre.
So if they weren't going to go why waste time making negative comments on the movie? I mean really what are these people getting from that?

And the movie hasn't been released yet so I guess you'll see if there was no market for it.

So if they weren't going to go why waste time making negative comments on the movie? I mean really what are these people getting from that?

And the movie hasn't been released yet so I guess you'll see if there was no market for it.
Making movies solely for your activist writers to piss off your fanbase is not sustainable. Neither is your corporate approved predictable woke plot lines. People are getting bored.

Making movies solely for your activist writers to piss off your fanbase is not sustainable. Neither is your corporate approved predictable woke plot lines. People are getting bored.
Yes because all these people are "fans" and Disney only has WHITE fans right?

Yes because all these people are "fans" and Disney only has WHITE fans right?
Did they change the race of Belle? Cinderella? Jasmine? Mulan? What happened when they cast actors for live action Lilo and Stitch that the left didn’t like???

Did they change the race of Belle? Cinderella? Jasmine? Mulan? What happened when they cast actors for live action Lilo and Stitch that the left didn’t like???

Don't know don't care.

I'm not really concerned about the skin color of imaginary characters and it has no effect on the actual plot line

They could be blue or purple for all I care

Don't know don't care.

I'm not really concerned about the skin color of imaginary characters and it has no effect on the actual plot line

They could be blue or purple for all I care
Obviously you do care. You are here arguing about it.

Forum List

Back