John Lennon was a fool, a wife beater, a hypocrite, a serial liar, a homewrecker, a drug abuser, and an awful father. made fun of people disabled

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
And Nelson Mandela was a Communist
CA6B5779-5DDE-4C96-824C-A1A5F52B3D66.jpeg

I always saw him as a narcissist. But, who could blame him for being one. They were treated like Gods and he became the wealthiest entertainer in the world so young.
It is ironic he would sing about peace and love, when by his OWN admission he physically abused "all of my women" he admitted to controlling them and "keeping them away from anything except me"... which is the hallmark of a serial abuser.*
Julian also claimed he emotionally abused him daily, but treated his son with Yoko Sean like a prince.

*Interview he did with Playboy in 1980

The driving cause of the song? Probably because Lennon was Irish. There was conflict in Northern Ireland at the time. The Irish Catholics were causing problems, they had to be put down.

no wonder he settled for New York

And he was a fuckin' commie doper too. He probably would have been a Bernie supporter if he hadn't taken two .38 caliber slugs in the back from that Charter Arms Bulldog revolver Chapman shot him with.

Imagine that.

Never understood the love affair with Lennon. Average at best.

I stayed in the thrall long enough to weep at the Lennon exhibit at the Beatles' Story Museum in Liverpool, but it was not long after that that I started seeing the reality of a lot of different situations.

This is bullshit

Lennon was a musician and combined with the other Beatles was part of the greatest rock band in history

To me the character smear means nothing

John Lennon was born with a gift for music and comedy that would carry him further from his roots than he ever dreamed possible. As a young man, he was lured away from the British Isles by the seemingly boundless glamour and opportunity to be found across the Atlantic. He achieved that rare feat for a British performer of taking American music to the Americans and playing it as convincingly as any homegrown practitioner, or even more so. For several years, his group toured the country, delighting audiences in city after city with their garish suits, funny hair, and contagiously happy grins.

This, of course, was not Beatle John Lennon but his namesake paternal grandfather, more commonly known as Jack, born in 1855.

Well, I can't say I'm any particular fan of Lennon or the Beatles, nowhere near my favorite band or musician but not the worst neither, they both had their hits to be sure, but I'm also not sure that the author of that article gets Lennon 100% right either, much of what is described in the article was the quintessential liberal or progressive of the 60s, and while I get what he was saying/warning about having no heaven nor hell and the danger it creates when a society is answerable to no one higher than the STATE, but that said, he may also be interpreting Lennon too literally, stridently, and missing his broader, ethereal message of shooting for or wanting an ideal world of brotherhood and peace where people find reasons to come together sharing with love rather than being apart and fighting.

Basically, isn't THAT the message of God?

I'm not sure that world will ever happen, certainly not in any foreseeable future, but it still is a nice thought. If the world evolves to ever be that way, I don't think I'd throw it out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back