Have you ever met a famous person, or in the know. What were they like?

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
I have to admit i got this idea from a thread over at ar15.com. The answers were really telling. Most celebrities were actually cordial and approachable

I met Johnny Miller the NBC golf analyst. Not really warm, but very approachable and nice. Would ask follow up questions with some things you would say. Talked quite a bit between holes

Bruce Willis. Who in idaho hasn't met Bruce Willis. Very down to earth. Said hollywood is really fake. He made his millions by acting stupid in front of a green screen. When I met him his daughter was with him and she looked exactly like her mom

From a bygone era I met Ann Southern. Lots of jewelry. Carrying her dog, arrogant thought the world revolved around her. When I met her she was late for her plane, demanded it be stopped because, "she was Ann Southern."

Bart Starr and Cherry Starr. Absolute gentleman. Just great around kids and loved the attention he receives from fans. Met him in Milwaukee airport. Sign my daughter football.
Some modern era Packers were total douchebags

Irv Cross CBS football analyst. Nicest gentleman I ever met Later became AD at Idaho State. I teased him about him not covering Carroll Dale. He laughed and said, "well, I did intercept Bart Starr that day"

Last edited:
I met Melissa Gilbert, Chriss Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Mark Lanegan, Gary Payton, Alex Rodriguez, Tom Flores, Ronald Reagan and George Bush senior. I also spoke to Jerry Rice, Reggie Jackson and Ricky Henderson on the phone. Im forgetting a number of other athletes who used to buy fish when i worked at the world famous "Pike Place Fish" as a kid. Sports stars from all over the country ordered from us.

Every one in my list was nice. I only spent brief moments with each of them. Actually, I spent a decent amount of time with Mark Lanegan (lead singer of "The Screaming Trees") and he used to call my house every once in awhile. He was a super sweet guy. He was genuinely nice and humble.

Last edited:
Tony Randall, Forest Tucker, Bob Crane, George Hamilton, and Ozzie and Harriet Nelson when I worked in a dinner theater back in the late 60's.

Tucker was a boozer, Bob Crane was an asshole, Tony Randall was not gay, and Ozzie and Harriet were the nicest people you'd ever want to know.

In fact, I was bumming around California after that and stopped at Ozzie and Harriet's house in LA. They made me some sandwiches, gave me $50, and drove me back to the freeway I was hitchhiking on.

I ended up in Tijuana, bought some tacos, and spent the rest of it in a Mexican whorehouse.

True story. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

I ran into Kid Rock once. He stank like he hadn't had a bath in a week and tried to cover it with expensive cologne.

Oh... Paul Skjodt also his daughter.
A few IU Players personal friends, yes I played basketball with them off court.

Yes. I have lived in DC and NYC. They aren't as uncommon as you would think in those areas, though it isn't like you are necessarily going to run into them if you go looking. You are more likely to encounter them in unexpected places or unexpected times. The biggest arrogant jerk D-lister I have met is that Johnny Whoever from survivor. One of the more surprising people I have also met locally randomly who was not nearly as ugh as her personna is Martha Stewart. She was in town shopping for very specific things and I just happened to run into her at the airport. We discussed Virginia smoked hams as that was one of the things she was looking to get as many of as possible. Wanted to know if I knew of any good hidden away country mom and pop type stores other than they ones she was planning to go to she should check out. Absolutely lovely woman.

I played golf with Alice Cooper and Glen Campbell and my friend who knew them both in AZ.... it was surprising to me how close Glen and Cooper were and how good they were at the game of golf... best time on a course I've ever had... no one drank a drop no one talked about music or their careers we just played golf.... by the way I won.... lol

Many. Just talked to Sir Tony Cheetham about an hour ago. Brilliant scientist and the nicest guy.

Last edited:
bob greise ? not sure of spelling....football player

gen westmoreland

a lot of country singers live around here but to be honest...they go unrecognized by most people

this area is known for privacy

Tony Randall, Forest Tucker, Bob Crane, George Hamilton, and Ozzie and Harriet Nelson when I worked in a dinner theater back in the late 60's.

Tucker was a boozer, Bob Crane was an asshole, Tony Randall was not gay, and Ozzie and Harriet were the nicest people you'd ever want to know.

In fact, I was bumming around California after that and stopped at Ozzie and Harriet's house in LA. They made me some sandwiches, gave me $50, and drove me back to the freeway I was hitchhiking on.

I ended up in Tijuana, bought some tacos, and spent the rest of it in a Mexican whorehouse.

I used to work for the offspring of one of the people in the first paragraph. If I told you who, I'd have to kill you because then it would be easy to figure out who I am.

I briefly met someone who used to keep house for Elvis Presley. :dunno:

I once served a brandy and ginger ale to Sig Hansen, the skipper of the F/V Northwestern, of "Deadliest Catch" fame.

My kinda road trippin' !

Too many to name. Like all humans...80% were assholes and 20% were normal, albeit wealthy.
Musicians rule.Never knew one I hated. Some were "strange" but cool and intellectual. I ran and rode with Pat Travers once in while in Fl. Knew all the Allman crowd, Emilio and Gloria, KC, Ronnie Wood,Clapton---kind of a prick, Jeff Beck, but the car side. Nuge...for almost 50 years...guns and hunting. Sold him a few and built a few.
Wrestlers are mostly roided ego freaks. Did a slew of land$$$caping from Tampa to Naples for several.
Most athletes are nice guys-gals.Dope smokin', hard drinkin', practical jokesters.Foodies, car nuts, bikes, fishing, some hunting.Most don't have the brain power that musicians do.
I never knew very many actors, actresses. Cher(more actress than musician--LOL), through Gregg. She's a whack.
Stallone I worked with for 5 months on his Vizcaya house. Super guy.Not a fake badass,,,he's a little dude but HGH and six weeks he IS superman. Through him I met Ahhhhnold, JCVD, Dudley Moore, Mike Whitney,Billy Lane. I knew Mel and Don Johnson(runt).Nice sober--prick when wasted. Met him through Clinton Automotive Dons a car guy.

Woody Harrelson ran with the same crowd I do here.Plant freaks.Sally Field comes around.Tom and Gisele.
Once in a moon Mel G. He only stays 4 days at a time. Hyper lil fucker

Forum List

Back