Disrespect for the office of the Presidency

moron_face.jpg

thats insulting and moronically so, neg rep coming your way jackass.

Why is it insulting?

Now, if he made the lips blue, I would be with you in contempt

-Geaux

There's no hypocrisy in anything I said.

Nope not at all...:eusa_liar:

I don't know about you, but my mother wouldn't let me get away with a bullshit excuse like that.

"Mommy, Timmy did it first!!!!!"

Reading comprehension might help you out a little.

There is nothing "disrespectful" about a President putting his feet up. Nothing to excuse.

Pretending that it all of sudden became disrespectful when Obama was elected is a better example of "hypocrisy" than your little attempt to "gotcha" me.

The feet on the desk was not the point. It was you claiming the " Mommy ...Tommy did it too" excuse was "Bullshit"...and then you turned around and did it yourself to try and dispute another point you disagreed with.

that wasnt his point at all....wow.....its like you people keep getting more stupid

Yes, it was.

DIN...

I love it when people bring up the "feet on the desk" argument.

Do I really need to bother finding pictures of Bush, Ford, Reagan, Clinton, and countless others doing exactly the same thing?

again that wasn't his point....i bet you where a helmet when you sit down to go on the internet.

No...but if I ever decide I need one I will just borrow yours.

Insults on presidents past were not isolated things. Martin van Buren was referred to as Martin van Ruin. Other more derogatory insults were heaped on some of our other presidents as well.
While it would be great if all people treated each president with a measure of respect, regardless of whether we liked the individual or not. However, the real world is full of narrow-minded, knuckle-dragging, neanderthal, racist, bigoted, human beings.
Personally, I don't like Obama, but would treat the man with the respect due a person in that office, if I were to ever meet him.

Anyone remember the routine insults the Left heaped on Bush? The Office of the President is fair game for ridicule now and forever more. That is now part of the job description.

I can agree with part of this post.
Yep, the left piled on "W". They hated the guy! They called him names, made up shit about the guy and the extreme left did not respected the office of the presidency.
Now the right, particularly the far right is doing the same thing.
Two wrongs don't make it right.
Look, Bush sucked as prez, but because he sucked was no excuse of hate the guy. Hell, I'd have a beer with the guy anytime. Same holds true with "O", to me he's just a continuation of "W", but I'd shoot hoops with him anytime.
All this hate isn't healthy. Hate effects one's body and mind negatively. Ever see a happy hater? Not only that but if the hater is a Christian, he/she is going against the word of God. Hating is a ticket to hell per the Bible.
I find it harder and harder to just visit USMB, it seems like just about every thread is inundated with hate. I know a couple of people who were looking to find a political/current events message board and they came here, read threads/posts and decided to go elsewhere. But then, they are grown-ups.
Freedom of speech and expression is great, hate is boring, boring, boring.

There is nothing "disrespectful" about a President putting his feet up. Nothing to excuse.

Pretending that it all of sudden became disrespectful when Obama was elected is a better example of "hypocrisy" than your little attempt to "gotcha" me.

The feet on the desk was not the point. It was you claiming the " Mommy ...Tommy did it too" excuse was "Bullshit"...and then you turned around and did it yourself to try and dispute another point you disagreed with.

It's not an "excuse" when there's no bad behavior to excuse. It's really not that complicated.

that wasnt his point at all....wow.....its like you people keep getting more stupid

Yes, it was.

DIN...

I love it when people bring up the "feet on the desk" argument.

Do I really need to bother finding pictures of Bush, Ford, Reagan, Clinton, and countless others doing exactly the same thing?

again that wasn't his point....i bet you where a helmet when you sit down to go on the internet.

His point was the exact same point that we have made – dissent is normal and NOT wrong. I go a lot further, it is our DUTY but all of your ‘side’ is simply ignoring that glaring fact.

It's not an "excuse" when there's no bad behavior to excuse. It's really not that complicated.

LOL justifying your hypocrisy I see. As for the left you spend ALL your time defending them and want us to believe you are not one of them? You think we are that stupid?

Yes, it was.

DIN...

His point was the exact same point that we have made – dissent is normal and NOT wrong. I go a lot further, it is our DUTY but all of your ‘side’ is simply ignoring that glaring fact.

Dissent is not "wrong", and I agree, it is our duty.

But (as an example) photoshopping Obama's lips isn't "dissent". Neither was photoshopping Bush's ears.

LOL justifying your hypocrisy I see. As for the left you spend ALL your time defending them and want us to believe you are not one of them? You think we are that stupid?

I really couldn't give the smallest shit what you "believe" about me.

No it's not. Obama putting his feet on the desk is not disrespectful to YOU. Others didn't share that opinion ...obviously...hense your need to drag out the dreaded "Tommy did it first" pics that you hate so much.

Are we moving the goal posts now...adding the fine print??

No it's not. Obama putting his feet on the desk is not disrespectful to YOU. Others didn't share that opinion ...obviously...hense your need to drag out the dreaded "Tommy did it first" pics that you hate so much.

Are we moving the goal posts now...adding the fine print??

It wasn't considered "disrespectful" by anyone (as far as I know), until Obama was elected.

no, no he didnt

it wasnt stop lying..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-MtumnVjTw"]Hillary it is not only our right to disagree with an administration and debate them it is our duty - YouTube[/ame]

You lose, asshole.

that was a death treat? jesus christ you are motherfucking stupid. it literally must be a struggle for you.

When Palin used a target on Gabby Giffords congressional district, the left swore that THAT was a death threat...remember?

that was a death treat? jesus christ you are motherfucking stupid. it literally must be a struggle for you.

When Palin used a target on Gabby Giffords congressional district, the left swore that THAT was a death threat...remember?

yeah, that was rather stupid of the left. I get the idea behind what palin was doing and the timing really sucked, but there was zero evidence linking the two stories.

now go ahead and admit Rabbi's post is just as stupid.l

And of course when a republican is president, it goes back to being respect for the office.

Partisan inconsistency is the bane of American politics.

The other side certainly didn't respect Bush. Think about it.

Oh so Obama's just another President like Bush was?

Actually President George W. Bush didn't look to find blame in Clinton for everything that didn't go his way under his term in office. (It would have been easy to lay blame on how vulnerable we were to terrorist attacks prior to 9-11, or even complain about how stripped of funding and supplies our military was as a result of Clinton's policies). It takes leadership ability to be able to work with the hand you're dealt and seek a solution to the problems you face.... a bit more than a "community organizer" apparently can handle.

The other side certainly didn't respect Bush. Think about it.

Oh so Obama's just another President like Bush was?

Actually President George W. Bush didn't look to find blame in Clinton for everything that didn't go his way under his term in office. (It would have been easy to lay blame on how vulnerable we were to terrorist attacks prior to 9-11, or even complain about how stripped of funding and supplies our military was as a result of Clinton's policies). It takes leadership ability to be able to work with the hand you're dealt and seek a solution to the problems you face.... a bit more than a "community organizer" apparently can handle.

Bush never whined about anything, Obama is a whiny assed little bitch.

Forum List

Back