Ditheism

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
...No Worse Enemy
ditheism
1. the belief or doctrine that there are two gods of equal power.
2. Zoroastrianism. the belief in two antagonistic deities, one a force for good, one for evil. — ditheist, n. — ditheistic, ditheistical adj.

The first time I read this I liked it very much. I still like the idea that you need not fear Hell, you are already in it. The real question is, what bad thing did you do to end up here?

The one nice thing about Ditheism is it solves problem Christian Apologists go nuts trying to answer, the Problem of Evil. And don't try the Free Will excuse since that covers only human evil, not natural evil, but with ditheism you don't have to explain how a benevolent God, NT not OT, would do evil since it's not his doing, although he does allow for it, which is a problem in and of itself. If the creator of his little disaster we call life was not the benevolent God but was instead the evil one, then life here makes a whole lot of sense. Don't worry about Hell kids, you already live there.

Your thoughts?

ditheism
2. Zoroastrianism. the belief in two antagonistic deities, one a force for good, one for evil. — ditheist, n. — ditheistic, ditheistical adj.

The first time I read this I liked it very much. I still like the idea that you need not fear Hell, you are already in it. The real question is, what bad thing did you do to end up here?

The one nice thing about Ditheism is it solves problem Christian Apologists go nuts trying to answer, the Problem of Evil. And don't try the Free Will excuse since that covers only human evil, not natural evil, but with ditheism you don't have to explain how a benevolent God, NT not OT, would do evil since it's not his doing, although he does allow for it, which is a problem in and of itself. If the creator of his little disaster we call life was not the benevolent God but was instead the evil one, then life here makes a whole lot of sense. Don't worry about Hell kids, you already live there.

Your thoughts?

The symbol - Yin/Yang - is representative of your stated religious idea. The problem is that there is only one Creator God and He's 100% Light. There is no darkness in Him. Darkness flees from the Light. The Light is truth whereas darkness is falsehood and deception. Satan is the father of lies and there is no truth in him. (John 8:44)

Satan would love for you and others to believe he shares equal power with God but he's a master deceiver.

ditheism

Your thoughts?

I'm not clear whether you believe in a magical god but if you're open to it, you might find Wicca interesting. There's no magic, not in the way of christianity or in the way some people think. There's nature, equal forces, or gods - male and female and the natural way of things.

Except that Satan is a cherub and created being. God is not. You would have to find someone equal to God and there is none.

god and satan, are equal, both created by the imagination of primitive man. god is not, equally satan is not. Evidence for either, like you said, there is none!

ditheism

Your thoughts?

I'm not clear whether you believe in a magical god but if you're open to it, you might find Wicca interesting. There's no magic, not in the way of christianity or in the way some people think. There's nature, equal forces, or gods - male and female and the natural way of things.

LOL. No Wiccan magic?

Wicca Magick - Real Magic

Except that Satan is a cherub and created being. God is not. You would have to find someone equal to God and there is none.

god and satan, are equal, both created by the imagination of primitive man. god is not, equally satan is not. Evidence for either, like you said, there is none!

And yet you exist and have life. That's not by mistake but by design.

• Banned

And yet you exist and have life. That's not by mistake but by design.

If God is a designer, he stinks. I would hope you'd think more of him than that...

ditheism

Your thoughts?
A neat concept, except for that "hell" nonsense.

If there is "god", there is only one. For that is the definition.

"god" at some immesurable moment refracted itself. That set forth the existence of physical matter. From that immesurable point, physics chemistry biology and matheatics took over... and we are here.

It really is that simple.

P.S. - hell doesn't exist. Sorry to disappoint.

ditheism

Your thoughts?

"god" at some immesurable moment refracted itself. That set forth the existence of physical matter. From that immesurable point, physics chemistry biology and matheatics took over... and we are here.

So you're going with God the Creative Force, the Prime Mover, the Source, and what comes from the source returns to the source, no external plains of existence from God beyond this one, such as Hell, AKA Sheol the place of the dead?

Rather like this:

"The Tzimtzum (Hebrew צמצום ṣimṣūm "contraction/constriction/condensation/withdrawal") is a term used in the Lurianic Kabbalah teaching of Isaac Luria, to explain his new doctrine that God began the process of creation by "contracting" his infinite light in order to allow for a "conceptual space" in which finite and seemingly independent realms could exist. This primordial initial contraction, forming a Khalal/Khalal Hapanoi ("empty space", חלל הפנוי) into which new creative light could beam, is denoted by general reference to the Tzimtzum. In contrast to earlier, Medieval Kabbalah, this made the first creative act a concealment/Divine exile rather than unfolding revelation. This dynamic crisis-catharsis in the Divine flow is repeated throughout the Lurianic scheme."

"Because the Tzimtzum results in the "empty space" in which spiritual and physical Worlds and ultimately, free will can exist, God is often referred to as "Ha-Makom" (המקום lit. "the Place", "the Omnipresent") in Rabbinic literature ("He is the Place of the World, but the World is not His Place"[2]). In Kabbalistic interpretation, this describes the paradox of simultaneous Divine presence and absence within the vacuum and resultant Creation. Relatedly, Olam — the Hebrew for "World/Realm" — is derived from the root עלם meaning "concealment". This etymology is complementary with the concept of Tzimtzum, in that the subsequent spiritual realms and the ultimate physical universe, conceal to different degrees the infinite spiritual lifeforce of creation. Their progressive diminutions of the Divine Ohr (Light) from realm to realm in creation, are also referred to in the plural as secondary tzimtzumim (innumerable "condensations/veilings/constrictions" of the lifeforce). However, these subsequent concealments are found in earlier, Medieval Kabbalah. The new doctrine of Luria advanced the notion of the primordial withdrawal (a dilug - radical "leap"), in order to reconcile a causal creative chain from the Infinite, with finite Existence."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

Last edited:
ditheism

Your thoughts?

So you're going with God the Creative Force, the Source, and what comes from the source returns to the source, no external plains of existence from God, such as Hell, AKA Sheol the place of the dead?

Yeah, pretty much.

Hey- I got a good song for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

So you're going with God the Creative Force, the Source, and what comes from the source returns to the source, no external plains of existence from God, such as Hell, AKA Sheol the place of the dead?

Yeah, pretty much.

Hey- I got a good song for you...

Non-carbon dating yourself...

ditheism

Your thoughts?

LOL. No Wiccan magic?

[MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION]

If you look at my post you might be able to find where I wrote: "...not in the way of christianity or in the way some people think..." I know its difficult for you but see how I made it match so you could find it?

Christians believe in magic water, magic smoke, dead bodies rising from the the grave - silly things like that.

Read your own link.

See the difference now?

LOL. No Wiccan magic?

If you look at my post you might be able to find where I wrote: "...not in the way of christianity or in the way some people think..." I know its difficult for you but see how I made it match so you could find it?

Christians believe in magic water, magic smoke, dead bodies rising from the the grave - silly things like that.

Read your own link.

See the difference now?

Here. Let me help you out. Re-read your post with me: "... there's no magic ..."

LOL. No Wiccan magic?

Read your own link.

See the difference now?

I actually believe that God is sovereign and God is only going to do what God wants to do.

Forum List

Back