Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Atheists are not hard to please...

Just give me any evidence of a creator and I will listen
That's a completely rational statement, the problem is, religion has to be taken on faith, and despite the fact that we have 2000+ year old letters written by people who lived closer to the time of Christ, a lot of people find it hard to have faith.

I'm not saying I have that faith completely, I used to think I did, but more recently, I've had thoughts in my head that make me have questions.
If you haven’t already, you should read the book The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. It’s excellent, and an interesting read. I’ve actually encountered a number of people who became believers after reading that book. Or I should say, it helped pave the way for them...because it breaks down a lot of the common obstacles people have. Another good one by the same author is The Case for a Creator.
I've seen part of the documentary. Not all of it, but enough to see where he was going with it.

For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
No real proof.
But there also is no real proof of evolution either, so what would make you choose to have a belief in an evolutionary system, as opposed to a religious God created system?
Evolution is provable, and I'll show you right now 2 proofs of evolution.

1. If you look at houses from the 1700s, and the clothes people wore back then, you'll see that people were shorter back then. So humans are evolving to be taller beings as time goes on.

2. I used to eat meat but my thinking has evolved over time to where I'm now a vegetarian.

Living my life by an invisible superbeing in another dimension that no one has ever seen, who wants us to obey a book, is totally without proof. Anyways, I don't live my life by evolution, like someone would do with the purported musings of a ghost.
That's completely fine. Things evolve and adapt, but what I'm saying is that you cannot find evidence of evolution as a result of a big bang.

For those that do not believe in God, I would be curious as to why you dont believe.
No real proof.
But there also is no real proof of evolution either, so what would make you choose to have a belief in an evolutionary system, as opposed to a religious God created system?
Evolution is provable, and I'll show you right now 2 proofs of evolution.

1. If you look at houses from the 1700s, and the clothes people wore back then, you'll see that people were shorter back then. So humans are evolving to be taller beings as time goes on.

2. I used to eat meat but my thinking has evolved over time to where I'm now a vegetarian.

Living my life by an invisible superbeing in another dimension that no one has ever seen, who wants us to obey a book, is totally without proof. Anyways, I don't live my life by evolution, like someone would do with the purported musings of a ghost.
That's completely fine. Things evolve and adapt, but what I'm saying is that you cannot find evidence of evolution as a result of a big bang.
You just agreed that things evolve. That verb comes from the word evolution.

What evidence would you accept?
Something more than a burning bush
If you can’t tell me what evidence it would take, maybe there is no evidence you will accept.
Well, how about parting the Red Sea or walking on water?
So you are looking for magical things?

That’s what it would take?
Simple scientific cause and effect

This caused that.......and offer proof

That's a completely rational statement, the problem is, religion has to be taken on faith, and despite the fact that we have 2000+ year old letters written by people who lived closer to the time of Christ, a lot of people find it hard to have faith.

I'm not saying I have that faith completely, I used to think I did, but more recently, I've had thoughts in my head that make me have questions.
If you haven’t already, you should read the book The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. It’s excellent, and an interesting read. I’ve actually encountered a number of people who became believers after reading that book. Or I should say, it helped pave the way for them...because it breaks down a lot of the common obstacles people have. Another good one by the same author is The Case for a Creator.
I've seen part of the documentary. Not all of it, but enough to see where he was going with it.
To me the film was completely different than the book. It was OK, but the book is really good.

What evidence would you accept?
If you can’t tell me what evidence it would take, maybe there is no evidence you will accept.

Like space and time being created from nothing?

Or the atoms in your body being present for the creation of space and time?

Or inanimate matter turning itself into life?

Or the laws of nature predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise?

Or that the potential for beings that know and create existed before space and time?

Or how we can use our experiences as a creator as a proxy?

The evidence is all around you.
Show me that they have anything to do with a creator and I will be satisfied
Existence is your evidence.

Maybe he'll ask you why you didn't study it.
Many things exist

Doesn’t prove the existence of a magic man
Can you prove what a strawberry tastes like without tasting it?

Or the laws of nature predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise?

Or that the potential for beings that know and create existed before space and time?

Space and time exist without a magic being

Life is a chemistry set. An accumulation of different elements

Matter turning to life does not prove a magic being did it

Laws of science have always existed. Nobody made those laws

Space and time were created from nothing according to the laws of nature which predestined beings that know and create. The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. This is to say no thing. Because things like matter and energy cannot exist forever without reaching thermal equilibrium. Therefore we are left with intelligence is the source of existence. That rather than being a late outgrowth in the evolution of matter, it always existed as the source such that physical stuff was made by mind.

You failed to address all of my points. I win.

Space and time were created from nothing according to the laws of nature which predestined beings that know and create. The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. This is to say no thing. Because things like matter and energy cannot exist forever without reaching thermal equilibrium. Therefore we are left with intelligence is the source of existence. That rather than being a late outgrowth in the evolution of matter, it always existed as the source such that physical stuff was made by mind.
Space is Nothing
Nothing to create

Time is just a measurement. Created by man

You just don't like the answers

I kind of think they do believe that. What do you say?
It very well might be just one of several layers that the soul goes through to get to the end. Sometimes this life just feels strange on how things happen, and the choices we have to make. Yet on some actions seem right they many time are wrong. We muddle around life until the end at which time we lean the truth of what counts and what does not. Surprises for all who lived good or bad.

Space is Nothing
Nothing to create

Time is just a measurement. Created by man
Time is explained in the Bible pretty well. Where in the book it is not known by verse so look it up if you wish.

You just don't like the answers
The answers are there you just have use your brain to understand them. Most people can not reason let alone understand.

Have you stopped bashing your wife questions are juvenile to say the least.
My don’t you ask ‘Does the term ‘God’ have any meaning to an atheist?

Maybe its time to meditate upon 2nd Thessalonians 2:11?

Forum List

Back