Do bad ideas result in creating bad people?

My initial reaction to Grand Theft Auto was not good. I had trouble understanding why anyone thought it would be a good idea or why it didn't have the potential to warp the young minds of those playing it.

P.S. There is a reference to the game in a recent real life shootout between Volusia County Sheriff deputies and a 14 & 12 year old.

1622947240062.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

My initial reaction to Grand Theft Auto was not good. I had trouble understanding why anyone thought it would be a good idea or why it didn't have the potential to warp the young minds of those playing it.

P.S. There is a reference to the game in a recent real life shootout between Volusia County Sheriff deputies and a 14 & 12 year old.
Do you think the people who invented it were bad or did their bad idea come from good people that just turns others bad?

Stupidity creates bad people.

Bad people create shit.
Evil and stupidity are cousins.

They both ultimately are detrimental to progress and happiness and both will result in abject failure eventually.

It's just with evil it appears they benefit for a time.

Do you think the people who invented it were bad or did their bad idea come from good people that just turns others bad?
Well I'm hesitant to use the term "bad" because no has defined how it's actually being used. While I know there are bad people, sometimes people cause bad results, not because they themselves are "bad" but because they didn't think their actions through, or they're stupid or they don't really understand the ways that their actions may influence (inadvertently or intentionally) others.

I think the people who created the game were probably motivated by the money they could make from it, but lots of people and companies are motivated by the revenue their product or invention could bring in, even at the expense of the potential harm it may create.

Being motivated by greed is probably something that a lot of people see as bad, but in a Capitalist society revenue is the engine that drives everything right?

Primarily a bad environment contributes to the formation of bad people. There are many circumstances that determine this, from place of birth, parenting, exploitive people in positions of power, on and on. You can kick a passive dog everyday and the dog may cower until one day that dog bites back. You place that dog in my or anothers home and he will be a healthy, loving dog.

There is a genetic makeup of everyone obviously, and some people have been born with a poor constitution. However, in the right environment the vast majority of even people evil by nature will not express these abnormalities. Being "born bad" won't amount to extreme evil. Maybe bad characteristics or tendencies, but no expression of pure evil.

There may be cases of the evil person by nature who is surrounded by love and prosperity who will become evil, but it's far less likely than if raised in a bad environment. We are all products of our environment in one complex way or another.

In many cases, some who are "born good" will also succumb to their environment. Only the most dedicated will overcome these obstacles, the most courageous expose the reality for what it is.

Didn't like the earlier versions and they went down hill from there. I mean what is really the point of a game in which you earn money to buy your character clothes and crap.

Dear Votto
1. I think everone has bad or selfish interests and motives, bad habits, or desire to take the path of least work or resistance for convenience to ourselves.
Then, collectively as a group, or an entire party, govt or nation, both the best and the worst of people comes out.

2. As for what makes a person more bad than good, do the circumstances MAKE us compromise or just REVEAL our nature?

Both things can happen.

I've seen good people do very bad things by circumstances. I've also seen very bad intentioned people turn around because of good influences by others.

More often, people already have internal issues, and the bad we see in actions comes from those problems not getting solved in time.

Most of the bad are consequences and reflections of internalized issues carried or conditioned from the past.

The purpose of our interactions in life is to study learn and teach from both good and bad consequences, so we mature in overcoming and breaking the negative patterns instead of repeating the cycle.

The bad manifestations teach us the difference so this motivates us to seek understanding of both causes and cures.

Well I'm hesitant to use the term "bad" because no has defined how it's actually being used. While I know there are bad people, sometimes people cause bad results, not because they themselves are "bad" but because they didn't think their actions through, or they're stupid or they don't really understand the ways that their actions may influence (inadvertently or intentionally) others.

I think the people who created the game were probably motivated by the money they could make from it, but lots of people and companies are motivated by the revenue their product or invention could bring in, even at the expense of the potential harm it may create.

Being motivated by greed is probably something that a lot of people see as bad, but in a Capitalist society revenue is the engine that drives everything right?
I see. So capitalism bad, people good.................except Orange man, but I think that is only common sense,

Right?

Dear Votto
1. I think everone has bad or selfish interests and motives, bad habits, or desire to take the path of least work or resistance for convenience to ourselves.
Then, collectively as a group, or an entire party, govt or nation, both the best and the worst of people comes out.

2. As for what makes a person more bad than good, do the circumstances MAKE us compromise or just REVEAL our nature?

Both things can happen.

I've seen good people do very bad things by circumstances. I've also seen very bad intentioned people turn around because of good influences by others.

More often, people already have internal issues, and the bad we see in actions comes from those problems not getting solved in time.

Most of the bad are consequences and reflections of internalized issues carried or conditioned from the past.

The purpose of our interactions in life is to study learn and teach from both good and bad consequences, so we mature in overcoming and breaking the negative patterns instead of repeating the cycle.

The bad manifestations teach us the difference so this motivates us to seek understanding of both causes and cures.
Reminds me of the saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Or do bad people result in causing bad ideas?

Good people do good things.
Bad people do bad things.
For good people to do bad things it needs religion and those who claim they are doing gods work.
That's a fact.

I see. So capitalism bad, people good.................except Orange man, but I think that is only common sense,

Right?
No, that's not what I said. I said generating revenue is the goal of a capitalist society, that's not a bad thing. Generating revenue or profits due to greed and at the expense of the health, safety or other well being of others is bad. So if you're one of those people who weighs the loss of additional revenue against fixing a safety feature in your product, like an exploding gas tank when you Ford Pinto gets rear ended, or destabilizing your aircraft's aerodynamics so you can put bigger engines on your plane and pack more people into the aircraft which in turn generates more profit, all while knowing that the plane now has a tendency to tilt nose up and compensate for this design flaw by creating software that overrides the captain and puts the plane into a descending attitude, even upon take-off (and killing your customer's passengers) those are bad things done by bad people, in my opinion.

I understand that when people have to go back to the drawing board to fix a mistake that it causes delays in deliveries, extra payroll for double duty or whatever is required to get every up to snuff, but when a company views paying the wrongful death settlements as more financially feasible than ensuring their product doesn't kill people in the first place, that's not a good thing.

Dear Votto

Both things can happen.

Dear Votto
The road to heaven is also paved with positive good intentions.

The difference is forgiveness that brings peace clarity and unity for greater effective and sustainable progress and solutions.

While unforgiveness invites division, abuse waste and failure from perpetuating conflicts that burden relationships.

When I look at why problems aren't getting solved, fear and unforgiveness of the past are usually causing the obstructions and unresolved divisions.

Where there is forgiveness and inclusion there is mutual respect instead of coercion or rejection, even if the same differences and problems exist. At least they don't become obstacles to change and reform, correction and recovery.

For good people to do bad things it needs religion and those who claim they are doing gods work.
That's a fact.
Al Capone ran soup kitchens.

It gave him legitamacy, much how politicians have "charity funds" they run to launder money.

Try again.

Dear Votto

Both things can happen.

Dear Votto

The difference is forgiveness that brings peace clarity and unity for greater effective and sustainable progress and solutions.

While unforgiveness invites division, abuse waste and failure from perpetuating conflicts that burden relationships.

When I look at why problems aren't getting solved, fear and unforgiveness of the past are usually causing the obstructions and unresolved divisions.

Where there is forgiveness and inclusion there is mutual respect instead of coercion or rejection, even if the same differences and problems exist. At least they don't become obstacles to change and reform, correction and recovery.
Forgiveness? As I gaze upon our current government with endless conspiracy theories and open scandals like Cuomo has with nothing being done about any of it, perhaps we need a little less forgiveness and more accountability.

I think you will find that forgiveness only extends to certain people like the police officer that shot the unarmed woman at the Capital. If the unarmed women had been black and had been anywhere else, like say looting a 7/11, the police officer would have had their name plastered all over the media with death threats coming form Lebron and company and their lives essentially over. But if you work at the Capital building, all of a sudden law and order is important and forgiveness is job number 1.

Funny that.

Last edited:
Dear Votto

Both things can happen.

Dear Votto

Forgiveness? As I gaze upon our current government with endless conspiracy theories and open scandals like Cuomo has with nothing being done about any of it, perhaps we need a little less forgiveness and more accountability.

I think you will find that forgiveness only extends to certain people like the police officer that shot the unarmed woman at the Capital. If the unarmed women had been black and had been anywhere else, like say looting a 7/11, the police officer would have had their name plastered all over the media with death threats coming form Lebron and company and their lives essentially over. But if you work at the Capital building, all of a sudden law and order is important and forgiveness is job number 1.

Funny that.
Good point I agree totally on Accountability Votto

I find that forgiveness instead of rejection allows Accountable corrections and mutual solutions to be negotiated effectively.

That's why I support that as the first step.

Accountability follows where people can address each other directly and transparently.

But if there is political blame and competition to overrule or exclude others, this rewards hiding and denying wrongs or faults, thus obstructs accountability and correcting problems at the root source, as well as related symptoms we need to fix as well.

We do this better by collaborating and inviting contribution and participation.

Not fighting to make each other wrong, but striving to make all things right. We can't see or communicate clearly if we do not forgive and get past the negativity first. And restore neutral open communications to address both problems and solutions objectively and inclusively.

That's a fact.
Al Capone ran soup kitchens.

It gave him legitamacy, much how politicians have "charity funds" they run to launder money.

Try again.
Capone did that not to launder money but to get loyalty and allegiance from the punters when they knew things they weren't supposed to.

I am not privy to how many politicians do that but obviously you have evidence of it to make such a claim. If you don't, you're probably just another hate filled Republican.

Forum List

Back