Do conservatives want farmers subsidies cut, yes or no? Please, just for the Cons.

Cut all farm related subsidies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of the subsidies go to corn. Corn is 70% of what’s grown here. What percentage are you afraid soybeans will reach if we take subsidies away from the shit eating farmer?

Farmers eat the same things you do...

Here's an interesting article about subsidies. Has eight reasons subsidies are bad. Agricultural Subsidies
Just 8?
Trump's real estate empire is built on government subsidies.
Within just a few years, the younger Trump was earning the contemporary equivalent of $305,000 annually from the project. Government subsidies combined with parental largesse made his early earnings effectively a free ride.

And the farm subsidies dont even go to farmers: EWG found that 1,142 “farmers” in the nation’s 50 largest cities have received bailout payments so far.

Yes. Dairy is already slowly dying as more and more people are learning the ugly truth and moving to non-dairy alternatives. Let archaic industries like that die a natural death, instead of unnaturally keeping them alive through billions of dollars of government subsidies.

Question just for board Cons.

What sort of double talk bullshit will Cons give?

We know they would never answer yes or no.

Besides, their no never means no, and their yes never means yes.

Yes, AFTER we cut all the Dem subsidies deal? :itsok:

I'd rather have farm subsidies than automakers, but it's too bad we live in such an environment subsidies are needed anywhere.

Oh and I do mean actual farms/farmers....not big ag

Yes cut them. It be honest about it if you are going to talk shit. Every presidant has tossed the cash to farmers.

Since there is no definition in evidence I will toss my opinion into the ring. All subsidies are theft. The only thing tax funds are to be spent for are legitimate government functions.

Simply put, government wishes to influence what a farmer grows. In an effort to make sure we have a diversity of agri products. Also, it creates less highs and lows in food prices. All of this benefits far more than just the farmer. Farming is a high risk business. So, I ask again, do you want to eat or not?
Ah, central planning for agriculture. Horosho, tovarisch.

Go ahead show me how we get all of these food products without subsidies.
Are you dissing both the incentive of market forces and also capitalism as the most effective allocator of resources?

Last edited:

Do you consider me a Con? Should I answer? It will be a definite YES.

Really this was just as spoof thread of the one about cutting subsides to GM, I even quoted that post word for word, just changed Lib to Con and GM to Farmers.

Never thought anyone would take it so seriously!

:21::21::21:

An agricultural subsidy (also called an agricultural incentive), is a government incentive paid to agribusinesses, agricultural organizations and farms to supplement their income, manage the supply of agricultural commodities, and influence the cost and supply of such commodities.

Simply put, government wishes to influence what a farmer grows. In an effort to make sure we have a diversity of agri products. Also, it creates less highs and lows in food prices. All of this benefits far more than just the farmer. Farming is a high risk business. So, I ask again, do you want to eat or not?

There is a direct correlation between poverty and crime. There are also people who fall on hard times temporarily. Simply put the government wishes to prevent a burgeoning underclass. So i ask do you want to be on the wrong end of a pitchfork.

PS i don’t know whether you support safety net and if you do sorry for the sarcasm

America cant afford to pay the true cost of a tomato. Theres a lot of waste in the subsidy program that should be taken care of but its a program thats needed. I dont like all of these government bureaucracies but this is needed

Forum List

Back