Do Democrat voters REALLY want Stacey Abrams?

I can't believe things have gotten this bad, but maybe they have. Are they really talking about a Biden-Abrams ticket for November? Who except for Trump supporters thinks this is a good idea?

I don't think a Biden-Abrams ticket is likely for a number of reasons.

I can't believe things have gotten this bad, but maybe they have. Are they really talking about a Biden-Abrams ticket for November? Who except for Trump supporters thinks this is a good idea?
I'm not Democrat but my take on her qualification and experience is that she graduated with a masters in public affairs from University of Texas in 98 and Juris Doctor from Yale Law in 1999 (I had no idea Yale law was a 1 year Doctorate, but I'm no lawyer) other than that she was a Deputy city attorney in Atlanta and had 6 years in the Georgia State House of Representatives and that's it, to my knowledge. Do I think Joe needs her to be Vice President and take over for him is something should happen? NO. Nothing political or racial about it, but she doesn't have the experience and judgement needed.

He doesn't have the experience or judgement needed.........
It's a she. Joe has gobs of experience. I posted a lot on him somewhere here last night, but doubt if you are interested. I know that as a trumper, experience doesn't count for much and how do you compete with the judgement hiring/firing executive positions (with some being tried/confessing to federal crimes) like a revolving door or a little kid attracted to the next shiny bobble.
Biden has decades of political experience, that is true. The question is, given his depleted mental state does that even matter anymore? The guy is firing on maybe 2 cylinders upstairs.

Even if Biden was at 100% mentally, do you really want a 50 year career politician Democrat, party hack as President?
You can ask that shit, with a maniac suggesting we all drink bleach to cure ourselves vs Biden? Get the fuck outta here. Although his choice for VP is crucial, nothing for seasoned voters is gonna stop the demand that Trump packs his shit and go to hell afterwards.
You disappoint me. The chance to take over the cities by force is right here for the taking with this medical issue. All of the protests and riots. It must be all the laughing while it is being done that makes them seem false. Its there for the taking. People are getting tired by being mauled with high taxes. And Progs... white or black have that and authoritarian rule as the answer. People will move away and the villages will all play musical chairs as the population is whittled down.

No. He's more likely to pick Kamala.

Black people don't like Kamala. Joe is, as they say, "on the horns of a dilemma".
The black folks I know love her. That's why I think he'll pick her.
She’s a blatant liar. Careful how you pick your black friends.
I said the black folks I know. My black friends and I don't really discuss politics.

I do follow some black folks on twitter. A pretty random sampling. None I know personally. Those people seem to prefer Kamala by a pretty wide margin.

Personally, I don't have a VP preference, yet.

It's a she. Joe has gobs of experience. I posted a lot on him somewhere here last night, but doubt if you are interested. I know that as a trumper, experience doesn't count for much and how do you compete with the judgement hiring/firing executive positions (with some being tried/confessing to federal crimes) like a revolving door or a little kid attracted to the next shiny bobble.

Specifically, what has Joe Biden accomplished?

I posted a bunch from Wikipedia, but here is how somebody else answered that
Randall Benson, former United States Navy (1971-1977)
Answered Nov 13 2019 · Author has 2k answers and 159k answer views

This will seem not enough for the INTERNET TROLLS..
Joe Biden became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970. He was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972, when he became the sixth-youngest senator in American history. Biden was re-elected six times and was the fourth most senior senator when he resigned to assume the vice presidency in 2009. Biden was a long-time member and former chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. He opposed the Gulf War in 1991, but advocated U.S. and NATO intervention in the Bosnian War in 1994 and 1995. He voted in favor of the resolution authorizing the Iraq War in 2002, but opposed the surge of U.S. troops in 2007. He has also served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention, and civil liberties. Biden led the efforts to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act. He also chaired the Judiciary Committee during the contentious U.S. Supreme Court nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas. Biden unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 1988 and in 2008.
In 2008, Biden was the running mate of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and became the first Roman Catholic to serve as vice president of the United States.
As vice president, Biden oversaw infrastructure spending aimed at counteracting the Great Recession and helped formulate U.S. policy toward Iraq through the withdrawal of U.S. troops in 2011. His ability to negotiate with congressional Republicans helped the Obama administration pass legislation such as the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, which resolved a taxation deadlock; the Budget Control Act of 2011, which resolved that year's debt ceiling crisis; and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which addressed the impending fiscal cliff. Obama and Biden were re-elected in 2012.
In October 2015, after months of speculation, Biden announced he would not seek the presidency in the 2016 election. In January 2017, Obama awarded Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction.
After completing his second term as vice president, Biden joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named the Benjamin Franklin Professor of Presidential Practice.
1.2k views · View 5 Upvoters · Answer requested by Mike Demsky

Joe Biden became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970. He was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972, when he became the sixth-youngest senator in American history. Biden was re-elected six times and was the fourth most senior senator when he resigned to assume the vice presidency in 2009. Biden was a long-time member and former chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. He opposed the Gulf War in 1991, but advocated U.S. and NATO intervention in the Bosnian War in 1994 and 1995. He voted in favor of the resolution authorizing the Iraq War in 2002, but opposed the surge of U.S. troops in 2007. He has also served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention, and civil liberties. Biden led the efforts to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act. He also chaired the Judiciary Committee during the contentious U.S. Supreme Court nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas. Biden unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 1988 and in 2008.
In 2008, Biden was the running mate of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and became the first Roman Catholic to serve as vice president of the United States.
As vice president, Biden oversaw infrastructure spending aimed at counteracting the Great Recession and helped formulate U.S. policy toward Iraq through the withdrawal of U.S. troops in 2011. His ability to negotiate with congressional Republicans helped the Obama administration pass legislation such as the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, which resolved a taxation deadlock; the Budget Control Act of 2011, which resolved that year's debt ceiling crisis; and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which addressed the impending fiscal cliff. Obama and Biden were re-elected in 2012.
In October 2015, after months of speculation, Biden announced he would not seek the presidency in the 2016 election. In January 2017, Obama awarded Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction.
After completing his second term as vice president, Biden joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named the Benjamin Franklin Professor of Presidential Practice.
So he’s a career politician, a ruling class elitist, exactly what the founders didn’t want.

Democrats are out of touch.....the whole party has fucked up priorities.....they fret over the dumbest insignificant things....and if you don't sign on to their madness they flip out......

I can see a reason for putting Abrams on the ticket. She has strong appeal to suburban voters. That is a huge weakness for Republicans and why Texas, Arizona and Georgia are in play this year. Abrams won Gwinnet County which was the base for Newt Gingrich's rise to power in the 80s and 90s.

Well, dumbass, that's great except Gingrich's district did not include Gwinnet County! Where did you dig up that bullshit?

Gwinnet County is northeast of Atlanta. Georgia's 6th district which Gingrich represented is northwest of Atlanta and runs to the Alabama line.

You are full of bullshit. Abrams swept the suburban districts around Georgia. These were solidly Republican and likely will be solidly Democrat with Democrats controlling all the House seats. It did elect Gingrich for 20 years.

Mike%20Tyson-Th.gif

As I said, he accomplished nothing. He was on the wrong side of virtually everything.

He was a strong advocate of the 1994 Crime Bill which has been blamed for the outrageous difference in penalties placing thousands of blacks in prison.

Nothing you cited showed any experience in managing anything beyond Obama's lemonade stand. For eight years, we had the blind leading the blind.

Keep up the good work!

I disagree. I think it will likely be Harris or Abrams. Abrams would be a play for the suburban vote, Harris would be a play for progressives.

I can see a reason for putting Abrams on the ticket. She has strong appeal to suburban voters. That is a huge weakness for Republicans and why Texas, Arizona and Georgia are in play this year. Abrams won Gwinnet County which was the base for Newt Gingrich's rise to power in the 80s and 90s.

Well, dumbass, that's great except Gingrich's district did not include Gwinnet County! Where did you dig up that bullshit?

Gwinnet County is northeast of Atlanta. Georgia's 6th district which Gingrich represented is northwest of Atlanta and runs to the Alabama line.

You are full of bullshit. Abrams swept the suburban districts around Georgia. These were solidly Republican and likely will be solidly Democrat with Democrats controlling all the House seats. It did elect Gingrich for 20 years.

I told you, Gwinett County is not and has never been in Georgia's 6th Congressional district. You can read a fucking map, right?

we already got trump and pence, I would hope that things cannot get any worse,
Abrams would be an improvement over what we have now.
One thing we need to understand in this nation since the era of Trump....white people are the only lives that matter in this country. Black lives, Latino lives, gays, women lives don't mean shit, unless its white with or without its support of Trump. 75,000 of the 90,000 dead consists of minorities....does anybody doubt if it was mostly white people we'd be so eager to get our nails and hair done again so soon? Putting a black woman on a liberal democratic ticket will be the kiss of death for this nation and Biden this fall....white people barely was able to stomach Obama, you think for a second this nappy headed brilliant black woman is gonna top Obama??? Biden is very weak in his promise to pick a woman....NEWS FLASH...DESPITE ALL THE GAINS MADE BY WOMEN, PPL IN THIS FUCKED UP NATION ARE MORE COMFORTABLE WITH MEN, PREFERABLE WHITE MEN...WE CAN'T NOT CHANGE STUPID, ITS HERE TO STAY PPL...PAY ATTENTION!!

I AM BEGGING YOU JOE, PLEASE DO NOT PICK STACEY.....YOU WILL LOSE

I don't think he's going to do that. Do you feel the same way about Harris?

I agree with your sentiment. The bottom line is that we must not have 4 more years of trump and if that means Biden picks another white man as vice president so be it just as long as we don't get more than 4 more years of something that will be worse than this.
I personally am not a Harris fan...although brilliant as hell, I can't stand to hear her talk, she always sound like she just woke up LOLOL...besides, Harris ain't all the popular with young black male voters, all 3 of em...LOLOLOL...anyways, Joe should pick as does any presidential candidate anybody he deems best for him. I don't like the fact black people are highjacking this man's campaign since Cliburn helped in Carolina. Let the man pick who the fuck he wants...Stacey is actually campaigning on her behalf to be the nominee, like who does that shit? Lets get the man in the damn white house before we start making all these demands of black ppl. This election is by far the most important election in all our history, all of it. Its more of life or death, its that serious.....and when white people become afraid and they are, cause you fuckin with the almighty dollar, the last thing we need to do is top those fears with person of color, let alone a woman....I hate that thats a reality, but it is and we should take note of it.....YOU KEEP WHITE PEOPLE IN FEAR, POOR AND UNEDUCATED.....YOU GET 4 MORE YEARS OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF, DONALD J. TRUMP.
Again, I agree with you completely. Not so much about Harris but I am talking about your overall point. This is THE election that will either preserve America or destroy it.

LOL...Trump saved the country from destruction in 2016. We hope he can save it again in 2020. You liberals are ignorant, dumb and un-patriotic. A really bad combo.

I disagree. I think it will likely be Harris or Abrams. Abrams would be a play for the suburban vote, Harris would be a play for progressives.
Abrams is a play for the urban vote as most suburban voters are not making the same mistake they did with Obama, voting for skin color rather than qualifications..

He won't be the nominee so does it really matter?

Are you saying Trump is going to quit, or are you saying Trump will have to drop out due to senility and other factors? You know, the bleach drinking, the drug use, the inability to walk more than 100 feet, all that stuff.

In contrast, Biden is sharp. Democrats don't have to worry that he won't make it to the election.

Are you going to let Pence run instead? He's kind of boring, you know. And stupid. And corrupt. He just looks not-so-corrupt in comparison to Trump. Who should Pence pick as VP?

Joe's first big decision as the presumptive nominee and he proves to be the bigot we know he is by discriminating against more than half the prospective candidates. The running mate must be a black female. Qualifications don't matter. Biden needs to fill a race quota. That's exactly how he'll run the country if he wins.

I don't hear anyone talking about Abrams for VP - but I hear a lot of people talking about Dr. Susan Rice. She is my 1st choice. She is brilliant and highly qualified. Go Susan!

So he’s a career politician, a ruling class elitist, exactly what the founders didn’t want.
Founding fathers didn't count on a crooked, lying, spoiled, whore monger, UN-indicted
co-conspirator #1, that would denigrate the office, trample presidential norms and American values, and rein over a pandemic in this country where his leadership, in caring only about the economy and his re-election led to us being #1 in death toll many times above any other country on the planet, but that is what we have now. Joe Biden will be a welcome improvement back to American values, traditions and more toward a leadership role in the world, rather than our current president who is laughed at not only by leaders of the free world, but by the strongman, dictators he admires. When you dig into the gutter of the financial world to find a man that has mismanaged and ripped people off repeatedly, only to declared bankruptcy to protect himself at the expense of his bankers, backers, contractors and employees to find your new political leader, you will always find yourself in bed with a snake, and the country will get bit.

Forum List

Back