🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do dogs drive you F nuts 🥜

I'd describe my Mini Aussie girl's bark as contralto as well. Thanks.
The little guy I posted is also a full bred Mini Aussie.
20211026_170359.jpg
20211225_152702.jpg

With his buddy the Pitsky Charlie, a Pitbull Husky mix. Now he has a bark, but no bite. Both just sweethearts.

The little guy I posted is also a full bred Mini Aussie. View attachment 587042View attachment 587043
With his buddy the Pitsky Charlie, a Pitbull Husky mix. Now he has a bark, but no bite. Both just sweethearts.
How did your Aussie Boy get a tail? I thought they were all born with stubs. Do you strip his coat often? He's so sleek and shiny!

Both gorgeous pups!

Here's mine when she was about three, 14 years ago.

1642011275301.jpeg

My Boxers are barkers.
I try to keep em quiet as best I can,but I'm not so sure my neighbors are as sick of my dogs loud mouth or me telling em to STFU.
Telling my dogs to shut their kibble holes doesnt seem to work.
Give it up. You'll never stop a boxer from barking (or jumping).

How did your Aussie Boy get a tail? I thought they were all born with stubs. Do you strip his coat often? He's so sleek and shiny!

Both gorgeous pups!

Here's mine when she was about three, 14 years ago.

View attachment 587047
They are smart dogs.
I have seen some with the full tail.
My best guess is the breeders? Do they crop the tail when a puppy? Guess i really don't know.

They are smart dogs.
My best guess is the breeders? Do they crop the tail when a puppy? Guess i really don't know.
Cropping is prohibited in some states.

He's so sleek and shiny
Funny thing about that. Just before we took that picture he got wrapped up in a plant with these tiny stickers that embedded into his fur. It was bad and thought we were going to literally have to shave him. We found out vegetable oil makes removing them far easier. Still took two hours. Not long after that picture we gave him another bath and now his fur is more wild and poofy.

Funny thing about that. Just before we took that picture he got wrapped up in a plant with these tiny stickers that embedded into his fur. It was bad and thought we were going to literally have to shave him. We found out vegetable oil makes removing them far easier. Still took two hours. Not long after that picture we gave him another bath and now his fur is more wild and poofy.
The picture of my girl, taken right after I rescued her, she was slick and shiny so she must have had her coat stripped. That was the last time because I didn't like subjecting her to coat stripping. I couldn't show her, so a fancy show coat was never necessary.

Found a link on Docking as they call it..
Must be a breeder preference here as I see no shortage of dogs with short tails.
Mine has no tail and my reading when I first got her led me to believe that Aussies, after a lot of breeding, started being born with short tails. I could be wrong. Once you've had an Aussie with no tail, you become very fond of the sight of a wiggle butt.

They are smart dogs.
Mine was totally smart. Well behaved, but very hard to socialize. I think this was because she was a puppy mill mom.

Yep. My brother's boxers had absolutely bizarre barking habits.
Eons ago, I spent a couple of years working as a letter carrier. There was a boxer at this one house who would - every time - stay completely silent and out of sight then as soon as I was close enough, just go ape shit like he was coming through the door. Snarling and the whole show. As soon as the home owner opened the door, the dog would run out just as happy and friendly as could be. He got me every time.

Maybe I am getting peevish in age
Just get really F sick and tired of hearing various dog barks on/off during the day

Ain’t the same dog as it’s different pitches

It’d like living in a god damn zoo
What do your zoning laws say about owners who let their dogs bark continuously?

My Boxers are barkers.
I try to keep em quiet as best I can,but I'm not so sure my neighbors are as sick of my dogs loud mouth or me telling em to STFU.
Telling my dogs to shut their kibble holes doesnt seem to work.
My dogs can be barkers so I call them in if they start up. Fortunately I live in a mostly rural area.

Forum List

Back