Zone1 Do these verses go together?

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; ...

Matthew 10:35-36
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Are unbelievers today the "seed" of the Devil?

Last edited:
That is the first prophesy in the Bible. It is a discussion between God and Satan. And it is describing the woman's seed, Christ, who will actively oppose Satan. And the outcome will be Satan's non-mortal bruise to Christ's heel, vs Christ's crushing blow to Satan's head.
Gen.3:15 I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel.

There was a time in Israel when the Jews became very non-trusting of each other during the wicked King Ahaz's rule.
They expected, when the Messiah came, that peace would come with Him. But Jesus told them He would end up causing the same family conflict/variance among Jewish families who embraced Mosaic Law vs. those who turned to the new covenant offered by Christ.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back