Do we need a digital/cyberspace bill of rights?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
The government regulates virtually every business in existence in order to try to maintain equal treatment for all.

As it currently stands a mere handful of massive corporations control nearly everything you are allowed to do or say in cyberspace.

Those massive corporations would be considered the enemy of the people by any traditional minded democrat of years past. Throughout history they have never supported the ability of big business to put their boot on the commoners. Yet now that those corporations are targeting the right predominately they look the other way not realizing that their heads are in the crosshairs as well.

In my opinion cyberspace is the new public square and as such needs to be monitored to ensure equal treatment for all that use it. The left tried and failed to gain traction in the talk radio space. No one wanted to hear their bullshit and without those viewers there was no profitable revenue stream. Now they control the interwebs almost in its entirity. Don't believe me? Go make a youtube video about the whistleblower and SPECIFICALLY mention his name. See how long your video lasts before it's removed. Similar nonsense on Twitter & Facebook. Now if you're a powerful politician you can get away with it but you or me? Naw, we're mere plebes.

Regulate these cocksuckers

Cheering on regulations and equal treatment?! Fucking commie! :mad:

Decades ago in more primitive times there was the argument of solicitors calling people on the phone constantly and people believing they have a sovereign unalienable right to not be bothered. Inside your domain is your privacy. Well this still has not been settled in this age and it is much worse.

The government regulates virtually every business in existence in order to try to maintain equal treatment for all.
The OT caused me a bit of a rush- I thought now there's something I can get behind- then I read the first sentence- gov't intervenes in private affairs because it can and they are paid to- on BOTH sides of the aisle, an aisle that doesn't exist unless the cameras are on and they can get face time with a 30 second sound bite- the cyber space BoR we should have would keep a godvernment out of our business- the mega corporations that you're complaining about are doing what any partisan hack would do and ALL politicians are partisan.

Yes, we do.

As it currently stands a mere handful of massive corporations control nearly everything you are allowed to do or say in cyberspace.

Those massive corporations would be considered the enemy of the people by any traditional minded democrat of years past. Throughout history they have never supported the ability of big business to put their boot on the commoners. Yet now that those corporations are targeting the right predominately they look the other way not realizing that their heads are in the crosshairs as well.

In my opinion cyberspace is the new public square and as such needs to be monitored to ensure equal treatment for all that use it. The left tried and failed to gain traction in the talk radio space. No one wanted to hear their bullshit and without those viewers there was no profitable revenue stream. Now they control the interwebs almost in its entirity. Don't believe me? Go make a youtube video about the whistleblower and SPECIFICALLY mention his name. See how long your video lasts before it's removed. Similar nonsense on Twitter & Facebook. Now if you're a powerful politician you can get away with it but you or me? Naw, we're mere plebes.

What a great little statist you are!

Yes, we do.

The original is ignored in the District of Criminals what would make another one any better?

Now, IF it had a provision to jail the stalkers from godvernment, fine- but, that ain't gonna happen so more rules just offer more opportunity for abuse by the District of Criminals-

I think a bigger question is why do you think that YouTube should be forced to allow you to make unsubstantiated accusations against a person that put his life in danger.

I mean fuck, one of you dumbasses shot up a pizza joint off of even less substantiated accusations.

See this is where I don't understand you.....

You can build a web site that says anything at all. No one can control what you do, or what you say.

Where do you get this bonkers idea from?

If you don't like Youtube, don't use it.

• Youtube.
  • Metacafe.
  • Vimeo.
  • Dailymotion.
  • Break.
You can upload your video elsewhere.

Not sure whether the internet should be regulated or not, but I can predict this:

Once the government steps in to regulate the internet, the price will go sky-high and most likely deny many lower-income people the same access they have today.

I'm paying $189 bucks a month for 200x100 Mb internet access with three email addresses, 110 channels of television with 73 HD stations, and a land line all through fiber. Hate to see what it would jump to if the government stepped in.

start here >>>

Net neutrality - Wikipedia

Net Neutrality: Here's Everything You Need To Know

p05qzsb4.jpg
4f01d3c9-ff6e-4a0f-8c56-ac93b7620c71.sized-1000x1000.jpg

~S~

Never work in a 100 years. You'll just have to sue the bastards, one bastard at a time. Good luck.

See this is where I don't understand you.....

You can build a web site that says anything at all. No one can control what you do, or what you say.

Where do you get this bonkers idea from?

If you don't like Youtube, don't use it.

• Youtube.
  • Metacafe.
  • Vimeo.
  • Dailymotion.
  • Break.
You can upload your video elsewhere.
You can build a website to say anything you want BUT you need one of the big companies to HOST IT FOR YOU. You can not self publish without first agreeing to some overlords terms of service.

Cheering on regulations and equal treatment?! Fucking commie! :mad:

Hmmmm....I seem to remember dems demanding equal time on Conservative talk radio when they couldnt keep air america up and running.

Hypocrite much?

so.....we're all for regulation , you folks have read NN @ the FFC , and know the deal?

~S~

Forum List

Back