Do you believe this woman should be paid overtime?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I don't mean her specifically, but rather, her family. She was on the job for 4 days straight and I don't believe anything but scheduled lunch breaks should be deducted from her time on the clock.

If she is a salaried employee and WF does not offer OT then her family should be compensated some other way.

I don't mean her specifically, but rather, her family. She was on the job for 4 days straight and I don't believe anything but scheduled lunch breaks should be deducted from her time on the clock.

If she is a salaried employee and WF does not offer OT then her family should be compensated some other way.
The short answer is no .. why would her family be compensated for her death? She was evidently a low-status employee, probably with a red stapler, and not sure why you feel the organization would be required to compensate. They've provided the appropriate response by calling in law enforcement and providing behavioral health coaching for those traumatized.

From a salaried employee, they've entered a contract for an agreed compensation package, and salaried employees typically aren't eligible for overtime pay, unless they are considered non-exempt. Just like they don't have their pay deducted if they are out sick, have family errands to run or visit the doctor.

Good God.

From a salaried employee, they've entered a contract for an agreed compensation package, and salaried employees typically aren't eligible for overtime pay, unless they are considered non-exempt. Just like they don't have their pay deducted if they are out sick, have family errands to run or visit the doctor.
My former employer paid salaried workers overtime, some of it I know was on the honor system and I've seen a few fired for abusing this.

I got in because an officer had died of old age on post!
Like the old saying "They are going to have to carry him out" is sometimes true.

We had a guy who was working 16 hour days and sleeping in his camper truck in the parking lot. When he didn't show up they found him dead of a heart attack.

Forum List

Back