Should Biden's homeless population be allowed to live in store signs?

Indeed. It is a given that homelessness will tend to occur in population dense areas for obvious reasons. Actually that goes for crime as well.

The argument that cities have more crime and/or homelessness because they are most often run by Dems is not an argument based on logic but instead one based on political opportunism.

That said, I am open to ideas on how to address homelessness. From either party. I don't like to see it. Let's get this shit figured out.

How should this be addressed? Anyone?

Has Biden or Trump stated how homelessness will be addressed? A specific policy?

I've seen homelessness and drug problems in rural America. It scales down from big urban areas, but it's there all the same. All of it. Shit the Americans smuggling fentanyl across the borders are people in rural areas.

Indeed. It is a given that homelessness will tend to occur in population dense areas for obvious reasons. Actually that goes for crime as well.

The argument that cities have more crime and/or homelessness because they are most often run by Dems is not an argument based on logic but instead one based on political opportunism.

That said, I am open to ideas on how to address homelessness. From either party. I don't like to see it. Let's get this shit figured out.

How should this be addressed? Anyone?

Has Biden or Trump stated how homelessness will be addressed? A specific policy?

Rootlessness of many in communities, and poor choices of individuals. It's a cultural thing nowadays.

Of course, they closed down government mental hospitals mandated from the Kennedy area and to end y the 1980's. Psyche hospitals were and are expensive.
Partly true as a contributor. What happened was the closing of huge institutions was based on a promise to fund smaller local homes etc with resources. That promise went out with the garbage.

When I traveled for a few years (nomad in a vehicle), I was at a few rest areas where a few families lived in automobiles. I've seen it all. Vouchers for families are a larger portion than for single individuals.

SECT#8 vouchers are not considered for affordable housing units. They are low income vouchers. Maybe this link would help?

and

There is only so much disposable public money and it is all taken by SECT#8 and single mothers, welfare etc. There is little left over for the homeless problem on top of your single mother problem (created by DEMS to get more votes for a check). Money is not unlimited. So non-profits or State programs try to deal with 30,000 homeless as an example. There is no land for housing where they congreate in NORCAL. None in SJ or SF or along the coastal towns. It is a real issue.

I have had an answer since the early 2000s' Never waiver. Forced roundup of those salvageble and hauled off to desert tent cities under "PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGNECY ACT" supervised by State Natl Guardsmen or whatever it takes? They will be divided into Men, Women, young, old. you will clean up, sober up and when you graduate you can be relocated to where the jobs are. If you screw up there you go to 5 years prison. Not many like this, but a few are coming around as the problem grows. hey, its' a start.
Fascisti!

:stir:

:auiqs.jpg:

There is only so much disposable public money and it is all taken by SECT#8 and single mothers, welfare etc. There is little left over for the homeless problem on top of your single mother problem (created by DEMS to get more votes for a check). Money is not unlimited. So non-profits or State programs try to deal with 30,000 homeless as an example. There is no land for housing where they congreate in NORCAL. None in SJ or SF or along the coastal towns. It is a real issue.
bullshit

I have had an answer since the early 2000s' Never waiver. Forced roundup of those salvagable and hauled off to desert tent cities under "PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGNECY ACT" supervised by State Natl Guardsmen or whatever it takes? They will be divided into Men, Women, young, old. you will clean up, sober up and when you graduate you can be relocated to where the jobs are. If you screw up there you go to 5 years prison. Not many like this, but a few are coming around as the problem grows. hey, its' a start.
You want to imprison homeless people who "screw up". You're human garbage.

How have past presidents addressed homelessness during their terms?
From the look of things, they are sending them all to California.

Seriously though, with the number of store signs up we could really curb homelessness by using them as homes.

Electricity and heat already provided

View attachment 944778

Contractors curious about an extension cord on the roof of a Michigan grocery store made a startling discovery: A 34-year-old woman was living inside the business sign, with enough space for a computer, printer and coffee maker, police said.

“She was homeless,” Officer Brennon Warren of the Midland Police Department said Thursday. “It's a story that makes you scratch your head, just somebody living up in a sign.”

The woman, whose name was not released, told police she had a job elsewhere but had been living inside the Family Fare sign for roughly a year, Warren said. She was found April 23.

Midland, best known as the global home of Dow Inc., is 130 miles (209 kilometers) north of Detroit.

The Family Fare store is in a retail strip with a triangle-shaped sign at the top of the building. The sign structure, probably 5 feet (1.5 meter) wide and 8 feet (2.4 meters) high, has a door and is accessible from the roof, Warren said.

“There was some flooring that was laid down. A mini desk,” he said. “Her clothing. A Keurig coffee maker. A printer and a computer — things you'd have in your home.”

The woman was able to get electricity through a power cord plugged into an outlet on the roof, Warren said.

There was no sign of a ladder. Warren said it's possible the woman made her way to the roof by climbing up elsewhere behind the store or other retail businesses.

"I honestly don't know how she was getting up there. She didn't indicate, either," he said.

She certainly cannot afford a home in the US, no one can now thanks to Bidenomics, so what is the harm?

Should she maybe pay a rent to live int he sign or just leave her be, or even better yet, throw her back onto the streets.
With 4,190,000 existing homes sold in March, somebody is affording them.

Corporations and corrupt democrats more than likely.
Who knows. Looking at FRED, sales while this administration in office beat 3 out of 4 years of during the Trump administration. I am not sure who was buying them, back then. So your present theory is wealthy democrats with the wage increases are the leading buyers now? Surprising.

You want to imprison homeless people who "screw up". You're human garbage.

OK, Let them live, crap, urinate, sleep, build plywood shelters outside your APT building year after year then you dumb OX. Public Health emergency. We are picking you all up to SAVE YOU and SAVE THOSE around you (they draw rats).

From the look of things, they are sending them all to California.

Seriously though, with the number of store signs up we could really curb homelessness by using them as homes.

Electricity and heat already provided

Still no bathroom, shower or permanent address required by most legitimate employers. Nice answer, but temporary fix.

OK, Let them live, crap, urinate, sleep, build plywood shelters outside your APT building year after year then you dumb OX. Public Health emergency. We are picking you all up to SAVE YOU and SAVE THOSE around you (they draw rats).
So it's either jail or remain homeless. You're an idiot.

Homeless genocidal Joe does it again!!!

Yay.
Easy fix, start sending illegal aliens home in body bags. Then they cant come back across the southern border, thus using up our resources like food and housing. 15 million illegals have to be put up somewhere, and the Marxists/Demofascists are giving them room and board at the tax payer expense, thus driving up prices. After a few 1000 dead invaders the rest might get the message....

Many addicts don't want that stuff. Many have given up. Many have families and friends who have tried helping. People making poor choices. Others making poor excuses.

People confuse affordable housing with low income housing. Affordable housing, in cities and states with high median income levels have entry levels and caps, most would not believe.

Most crime associated with the homeless comes with not having an income. I knew a few homeless people who had jobs, but could not keep them because they would not reform enough. Same with housing.

Excellent points ... I'm glad I'm not the only one here who sees these things ...

Drug addiction is a crime ... society doesn't care what the addicts want ... rehab or prison ... much more difficult incarcerating the mental health cases ... there's no underlying crime we can pin to them ...

What do you mean by "entry levels and caps"? ... I built homes for a living ... beyond building codes, the industry is strictly market driven ... if people will pay $2 million for a lot, government has to let people pay $2 million a lot ... and if they want to put a $4 million dollar home there, I'll do it for $3.9 million, [wink wink] ...

By "low income housing", I assume you mean subsidized housing ... the poor themselves can't afford the housing, thus the help from taxpayers ...

I do disagree with you about the root cause of crime among the homeless ... I've been homeless, it was a zero-dollar lifestyle ... I clean the dumpster area behind the restaurant, the staff would save back a meal's worth of leftovers ... or help a farmer buck hay for a night's rest in his barn ... so within this we have expensive hard drugs? ... people don't steal and strip cars for used shoes ... they steal and strip cars for expensive drugs money ...

33 out of 100 people who are down-and-out are up-and-coming ... they just need a bit of help ...
66 out of 100 people who are down-and-out because of lifestyle choices ...
1 out of 100 will burn you down ...

Ask any slumlord ...

View attachment 944778

Contractors curious about an extension cord on the roof of a Michigan grocery store made a startling discovery: A 34-year-old woman was living inside the business sign, with enough space for a computer, printer and coffee maker, police said.

“She was homeless,” Officer Brennon Warren of the Midland Police Department said Thursday. “It's a story that makes you scratch your head, just somebody living up in a sign.”

The woman, whose name was not released, told police she had a job elsewhere but had been living inside the Family Fare sign for roughly a year, Warren said. She was found April 23.

Midland, best known as the global home of Dow Inc., is 130 miles (209 kilometers) north of Detroit.

The Family Fare store is in a retail strip with a triangle-shaped sign at the top of the building. The sign structure, probably 5 feet (1.5 meter) wide and 8 feet (2.4 meters) high, has a door and is accessible from the roof, Warren said.

“There was some flooring that was laid down. A mini desk,” he said. “Her clothing. A Keurig coffee maker. A printer and a computer — things you'd have in your home.”

The woman was able to get electricity through a power cord plugged into an outlet on the roof, Warren said.

There was no sign of a ladder. Warren said it's possible the woman made her way to the roof by climbing up elsewhere behind the store or other retail businesses.

"I honestly don't know how she was getting up there. She didn't indicate, either," he said.

She certainly cannot afford a home in the US, no one can now thanks to Bidenomics, so what is the harm?

Should she maybe pay a rent to live int he sign or just leave her be, or even better yet, throw her back onto the streets.
I'm thinking Mara Lago, Bedminster, Trump Tower and the other Trump golf clubs.

After all, he won't be using them for 10 to life.

poorly.

Before Reagan years, homelessness wasn't a big issue. I remember when the local church first set up a woman's/family shelter for a handful of families. Of course places like Hollywood in LA and other warm climate areas always had a larger population of people living free in the streets.
Reagan closed the mental hospitals
Then housing costs far outstripped wages

Sure there is an answer. You just dont want to hear it.
1715381150339.png

Attachments

• 1715381132530.png
    1715381132530.png
    23 KB · Views: 0

Forum List

Back