Global Warming (Assuming It's Happening) is a Blessing From God

Can you elaborate on that? What leftist ideology do you see in biology curriculum?
The notion of multiple genders or fluidity of genders to accomodate the PC woke agenda, the notion of a someone having a third stage of existence in order to justify abortion: dead, alive, and not yet alive.

Of course I believe in evolution as a Catholic. There is no inconsistency whatsoever between evolution and the Bible.
Of course I believe in evolution as a Catholic. There is no inconsistency whatsoever between evolution and the Bible.
Then why as a catholic do you not follow the Church’s stance on AGW global warming ?
Global warming by AGW is the premise agreed upon by all major Christian sects. The increase in the RATE OF WARMING is faster than man K8nd can adapt, which is a function of evolution. AGW is tied to evolution. The Catholic Church acknowledges that.

How are you adjusting for inflation? ...
Like most folks who want the real numbers. Divide by the CPI of the time of the data & multiply bythe current CPI.
Is your position we should never look for economical alternatives? ... or just never look at Democrat alternatives? ... because I would build a wind turbine over my oil well if I owned an Oklahoma cattle ranch ... money is money honey ...
Let's get on the same page here. I live in a Panamanian rain forest and for years I got my electricity out of the river that goes around my property. Then I organized a coop w/ my neighbors & we extended the regional power to our area & now I'm powered by Panamanian government hydro. All this wasn't done to be green, it was the cheap way to go.

Pls note what I said above:
My take is that if the price ever does go up then we can be concerned For now let's understand that we're talking about something that's never happened before.

Food and energy prices are volatile so they can easily go up or down by 50% and that won't stop us. However if oil prices ever went up by a factor of ten (in real dollars) & then continued to rise, my bet is that a lot of folks would change their lifestyle. Tho, my style wouldn't change much as I work at home.

The notion of multiple genders or fluidity of genders to accomodate the PC woke agenda,
The "notion" that there is something of a continuum of genders and a distinct continuum of gender self-identification is a biological fact. But I find it unlikely you're going to find that taught outside biology or medicine. There have been a number of controversial developments in science with which I could fill many pages. These are not leftist ideas, they are scientific facts that sometimes smack up against our prior "notions". I didn't like hearing that the universe's expansion was accelerating but I didn't blame it on a right-wing plot.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that everything conservatives oppose is some part of liberalism while I will attempt to keep the converse in mind: that not everything I oppose is favored in conservatism. I am sure we have a lot more in common than we frequently believe.
the notion of a someone having a third stage of existence in order to justify abortion: dead, alive, and not yet alive.
Justify is not the correct term here. Try authorize or permit or allow. The state of the fetus that allows abortion - in my mind at least - is an absence of sentience and the inability to live outside the womb. Until the fetus IS capable of living outside of the womb, with or without medical assistance, it is part of the woman's body and she may do with it as her and her doctor choose.

Then why as a catholic do you not follow the Church’s stance on AGW global warming ?
Global warming by AGW is the premise agreed upon by all major Christian sects. The increase in the RATE OF WARMING is faster than man K8nd can adapt, which is a function of evolution. AGW is tied to evolution. The Catholic Church acknowledges that.
AGW is not official doctrine of the Catholic Church. It is the personal opinion of the pope which is not doctrinal.

Justify is not the correct term here. Try authorize or permit or allow. The state of the fetus that allows abortion - in my mind at least - is an absence of sentience and the inability to live outside the womb. Until the fetus IS capable of living outside of the womb, with or without medical assistance, it is part of the woman's body and she may do with it as her and her doctor choose.
Organisms are either dead or alive. The stage you're talking about means the organism is alive. There is no in-between.

AGW is not official doctrine of the Catholic Church. It is the personal opinion of the pope which is not doctrinal.
Since when did I say that non reader. You don’t know what a doctrine of the church is, and you’re catholic ?

Organisms are either dead or alive. The stage you're talking about means the organism is alive. There is no in-between.
The sperm and the egg were alive before they ever joined. So were all the sperm we spill on the ground and the eggs that end up in the trash in a menstrual pad. The tumor a doctor excises from your lung was a little too alive. The eggs, chickens, turkeys, pigs, cows and fish we kill and cook and eat were all alive, with parents and siblings and children and friends. You and your church want to make something special of the zygote because it's a human in potentia and you think the lot of us are God's special project. We're not.

The USDA maintains what are known as the Hardiness Zone maps. This the continental US marked off in bands with 10 degree shifts in average annual temperature. As the world has warmed, those bands have shifted northward. They have been modified in each of the last three decades. As I have noted before, it is not just the frigid north that is warming, the already hot south is also warming. The 10 degree bands retain their north-south width as they shift upward. Due to the geometry of spheres like the Earth, that results in a loss of area within each band. For an animation of the zone changes since 1990, see Hardiness Zone Changes - This animation illustrates the general warming that has occurred from 1990 to 2006.

And, if this is a hoax, I should think we would have a lot of unhappy farmers and gardeners, who all depend on the accuracy of those data. But, we don't. Our farmers and gardeners are unhappy about folks who call their dying crops a hoax.

The sperm and the egg were alive before they ever joined. So were all the sperm we spill on the ground and the eggs that end up in the trash in a menstrual pad. The tumor a doctor excises from your lung was a little too alive. The eggs, chickens, turkeys, pigs, cows and fish we kill and cook and eat were all alive, with parents and siblings and children and friends. You and your church want to make something special of the zygote because it's a human in potentia and you think the lot of us are God's special project. We're not.
Sperm and eggs and tumors are not organisms. Chickens, turkeys, pigs, and so on are animals. Their lives are not sacred like humans'. Zygotes are not potential humans. They ARE living growing human beings, the same as you and I, just at a different stage of development. That is the ONLY difference.

The USDA maintains what are known as the Hardiness Zone maps. This the continental US marked off in bands with 10 degree shifts in average annual temperature. As the world has warmed, those bands have shifted northward. They have been modified in each of the last three decades. As I have noted before, it is not just the frigid north that is warming, the already hot south is also warming. The 10 degree bands retain their north-south width as they shift upward. Due to the geometry of spheres like the Earth, that results in a loss of area within each band. For an animation of the zone changes since 1990, see Hardiness Zone Changes - This animation illustrates the general warming that has occurred from 1990 to 2006.

And, if this is a hoax, I should think we would have a lot of unhappy farmers and gardeners, who all depend on the accuracy of those data. But, we don't. Our farmers and gardeners are unhappy about folks who call their dying crops a hoax.
The hoax is that man causes this, and that it's catastrophic. Neither is true. Warming and cooling occur naturally in cycles. We have no idea where we are in the cycle or how long the cycle is. Between 1940 and 1970 the earth cooled.

The hoax is that man causes this, and that it's catastrophic. Neither is true. Warming and cooling occur naturally in cycles. We have no idea where we are in the cycle or how long the cycle is. Between 1940 and 1970 the earth cooled.

The hoax is carbon dioxide ... there's not enough mass to effect weather, or the climatic averages of weather ... at least no change within instrumentation errors ...

Deforestation's effect on climate has been demonstrated, are you old enough to remember the famines in the Sahel? ... this was caused by man's forestry practices and resulted in the massive droughts there ... we replanted the forests and the rains return ... cause-and-effect ...

Right, we worked to save the environment collectively between 1939 and 1945 ... see how temperatures dropped? ... we need to start doing that again, even Iran sees the logic in that ... they've offered to host our next great environmental push ... Cesium-135 is only dangerous to humans; without humans, everything else thrives ... c.f. Chernobyl Exclusion Zone ...

The hoax is carbon dioxide ... there's not enough mass to effect weather, or the climatic averages of weather ... at least no change within instrumentation errors ...

Deforestation's effect on climate has been demonstrated, are you old enough to remember the famines in the Sahel? ... this was caused by man's forestry practices and resulted in the massive droughts there ... we replanted the forests and the rains return ... cause-and-effect ...

Right, we worked to save the environment collectively between 1939 and 1945 ... see how temperatures dropped? ... we need to start doing that again, even Iran sees the logic in that ... they've offered to host our next great environmental push ... Cesium-135 is only dangerous to humans; without humans, everything else thrives ... c.f. Chernobyl Exclusion Zone ...
It doesn't bother you that your beliefs are so at odds with mainstream science? CO2 was responsible for one third of the ~30C of warming the greenhouse effect provided prior to the Industrial Revolution. Human emissions are currently credited with 1.4C of warming over 175 years. Your claim that our emissions could not be responsible don't gibe with the facts. The drop in tempertures that took place in WWII is not due to our work to save the environment.

Forum List

Back