Zone1 Do you like old Twilight Zone episodes.?

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Got rid of my old cabinet that held a huge TV, Stereo, Amplifiers, CD, DVD, VHS and all the other crap we thought we needed, and which almost covered a complete wall. A flat screen smart tv, thumb drive and a few blue tooth speakers does the job better and in much less space. I've given or thrown away all the stuff that was in it except for an almost complete set of early mostly black and white VHS Twilight Zone tapes from the early 60s. Not sure why, but I hate to just throw them away. If you want them, pay the shipping and they are yours. I've already copied most of them to a hard drive and should be finished with that in a few days. No guarantees, but they are all playable and contain what I think are some of the best TV ever made.

Got rid of my old cabinet that held a huge TV, Stereo, Amplifiers, CD, DVD, VHS and all the other crap we thought we needed, and which almost covered a complete wall. A flat screen smart tv, thumb drive and a few blue tooth speakers does the job better and in much less space. I've given or thrown away all the stuff that was in it except for an almost complete set of early mostly black and white VHS Twilight Zone tapes from the early 60s. Not sure why, but I hate to just throw them away. If you want them, pay the shipping and they are yours. I've already copied most of them to a hard drive and should be finished with that in a few days. No guarantees, but they are all playable and contain what I think are some of the best TV ever made.
I used to love those, but today things are weirder than they ever were.

I used to love those, but today things are weirder than they ever were.
Today's "weird" does not equate to great story lines and actors.....Even the best of today's shows hardly come close.

They packed a whole lot of story into those half-hour shows. Less than that if you count the 4 minutes of commercials and introduction/ending credits.

I think all the episodes are available for streaming

I have no VHS player

Loved the Twilight Zone!

Still Valley one of the best episodes

you are an old twilight zone episode,,

Those Twilight Zone episodes were the bomb!

Oh Man, I loved that series.

Funny thing about VHS players- good working ones are in high demand on ebay. Apparently a lot of people have their own old home movies on tape and can't find a VHS to play them. I gave 3 away during my last move (actually traded them for some labor) and the guy was ecstatic. He said one of them (a Philips DVD/VHS combo) had the best picture he'd ever seen and he got like $300 for it.

The other thing is original VHS movies are becoming collector's items, and some of them are bringing real money (especially in original packaging). I gave the same guy a couple boxes of movies and he did the same thing, peddled them on ebay.

Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone, and Outer Limits are all available on streaming, also tons of great old westerns...

Funny thing about VHS players- good working ones are in high demand on ebay. Apparently a lot of people have their own old home movies on tape and can't find a VHS to play them. I gave 3 away during my last move (actually traded them for some labor) and the guy was ecstatic. He said one of them (a Philips DVD/VHS combo) had the best picture he'd ever seen and he got like $300 for it.

The other thing is original VHS movies are becoming collector's items, and some of them are bringing real money (especially in original packaging). I gave the same guy a couple boxes of movies and he did the same thing, peddled them on ebay.

Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone, and Outer Limits are all available on streaming, also tons of great old westerns...

I watched when it first ran. His later series The Night Galley was very good as well.

I watched when it first ran. His later series The Night Galley was very good as well.
I don't remember that one, but another of my old favorites was "Kolchak, the Night Stalker".

I should look for that on streaming, that would be a good binge watch. :)

Today's "weird" does not equate to great story lines and actors.....Even the best of today's shows hardly come close.

They packed a whole lot of story into those half-hour shows. Less than that if you count the 4 minutes of commercials and introduction/ending credits.
I'm not talking about today's TV.

Forum List

Back