Do you own gold?

That doesn't correspond with reality. I was at my local gold and silver exchange the other day. they were completely out of silver, and the only gold they had from that day was a guy who had to sell his gold to pay taxes, this is in a major metropolitan area. Demand outstrips supply and in the next few years we will see who has the last laugh.
Do you really use this kind of pedestrian analysis to invest the bulk of your life savings? Gold is an international market you ignorant fuckwad. If your local dealer doesn't have any you can go online and fucking buy some. Jeez are you really this dumb?
Also, I can buy heroin or xanax online, that doesn't mean it is in particularly high supply to the average consumer.

WTF? You really are this fucking stupid, aren't you? You don't have to wait for your local dealer to get a shipment of gold in, idiot. Buy GLD.

So a major metropolitan market doesn't reflect international trends? My friend in another metropolitan area confirmed the same exact things at his local exchanges. You clearly don't know nothing of which you speak.

My friend called the internet has confirmed for me that I can buy as much gold as I have money at any time the commodities exchange is open. My fuck it is truly amazing how fucking stupid gold bugs are.

You can buy an unlimited amount of physical gold? Which website is this?
I can buy as much gold as I have money - do I have unlimited amount of money? No.

Where's the Inflation? Check the Non-Core Components of the PPI and CPI - Seeking Alpha
LOL you didn't even know their were two measure of CPI until I told you, fucking idiot. Go back to watching the Colbert Report or Daily Show or have a gay sex orgy or whatever you liberals do.
Non-core components of the CPI have gone up 37% in 7 years, non-core components have gone up 17%. That isn't slow at all.

Wow - look - when you select the parts of the CPI that have gone up the most - inflation is higher. You're a fucking genius, you know? Hey why not take it a step further, pick the single item in the CPI that has gone up the most - and call that the proper measure of inflation!
Over the past seven years, the non-core components of the CPI and PPI have increased at about 37%. Inflationary pressures clearly exist in these non-core components. In the past seven years, the non-core components have increased on average 5.3% per year.

This idiot's math isn't even correct. Inflation compounds you fucking morons, 37% in 7 years corresponds to an annual rate of 4.6%, not 5.3%. 1.37 ^ (1/7) = 1.046.
So measuring the price increase of food and fuel isn't a proper thing to do?

No, shit for brains, measuring ONLY the price of food and fuel isn't the proper thing to do. You are the slowest person on this entire message board.

Jesus Christ, you don't even read, he was talking average, not annual rates of inflation. Stop talking economic and go sit in the corner with all the other retarded left wingers who talk about gay marriage or gun control. This is not your forte.

"Talking economic" ? Compound rates of return should have been something you learned in 8th or 9th grade. A 37% rise in the CPI (or anything else that compounds with time) over 7 years corresponds to an annualized rate of return of 4.6%, not 5.3%. You can verify this for yourself using a fucking calculator - 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 = 1.37.

Do you realize that by you and your links stupid reasoning, if we have exactly 5.0% inflation for 5 years - the "average inflation" over that period would be 5.5% ?

Also, I can buy heroin or xanax online, that doesn't mean it is in particularly high supply to the average consumer.

WTF? You really are this fucking stupid, aren't you? You don't have to wait for your local dealer to get a shipment of gold in, idiot. Buy GLD.
You realize the demand for gold etf's worldwide outstrip the supply, no of course you wouldn't know that, you know nothing of gold.
Why Pension Funds Could Send Gold ETF Prices Soaring » PIP Conferences » Professional & Institutional Portfolio

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uviQOwJij8A]FINALLY someone tells the truth over on CNBC - YouTube[/ame]

ETFS aren't redeemable for physical gold, so they are just another paper stock, the whole point of having gold is to protect yourself from the volatility of paper stocks.

Its funny, after all your huffing and puffing, you didn't really dispute my initial post in which I said the demand for physical gold is outstripped by the supply.

Really? Is that what causes their prices to almost exactly reflect the rises and falls in physical gold prices?

ETFs are entirely redeemable for physical gold. Sell your ETF for cash and buy physical gold with the cash. Its that easy. If you can't figure that out stay out of the market completely.

My holy lord fuck I'm talking to a total idiot.

I have all my money in gold and silver. Only a retard or a person ignorant of the looming.g economic decline would keep there life savings in dollars in a bank, look at the rising inflation in the US and bank crisises in the Eurozone.

Only a retard or ignoramus would put all their eggs in one basket.

So measuring the price increase of food and fuel isn't a proper thing to do?

No, shit for brains, measuring ONLY the price of food and fuel isn't the proper thing to do. You are the slowest person on this entire message board.

Jesus Christ, you don't even read, he was talking average, not annual rates of inflation. Stop talking economic and go sit in the corner with all the other retarded left wingers who talk about gay marriage or gun control. This is not your forte.

"Talking economic" ? Compound rates of return should have been something you learned in 8th or 9th grade. A 37% rise in the CPI (or anything else that compounds with time) over 7 years corresponds to an annualized rate of return of 4.6%, not 5.3%. You can verify this for yourself using a fucking calculator - 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 * 1.046 = 1.37.

Do you realize that by you and your links stupid reasoning, if we have exactly 5.0% inflation for 5 years - the "average inflation" over that period would be 5.5% ?

No one ever said it was, you are creating strawman arguments now, fucking weak. the whole point is, these are the most important factors, and any inflation measure that doesn't account for them is irrelevant, and doesn't reflect the serious inflation on vital goods in the economy.

The CPI accounts for them, dumbass. I've already posted a link showing this. Here it is again:
What goods and services does the Consumer Price Index (CPI) cover?

See the top of this page:

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/cpi/cpiai.txt

?
4-16-2013 U.S. Department Of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Washington, D.C. 20212

Consumer Price Index

All Urban Consumers - (CPI-U)

U.S. city average

All items
I have boldened for you ALL ITEMS. That's because the page I linked quotes the CPI with ALL ITEMS - food and fuel included. If you simply do the fucking math you'll see the CPI risen an annualized rate of 2.2% over the past 7 years. I don't really care if the media tells you the CPI minus food and fuel and it confused you. Take a look at the actual data you moron.

Compound rates of return? Nigga what you talking about? Get that bullshit out of here

Really?

Really?

You have no clue and almost all of your savings is in physical gold?

God help you.

If inflation has increased 37% in 7 years, that means an increased rate of about 5.3% a year. Do the math: 37/7

1.053 ^ 7 = 1.435, not 1.37. Jesus fucking christ you're an idiot.

Last edited:
No you can't, at least not in the last day in numerous metropolitan areas in the United States.

I have a brokerage account. All I need to do is buy gold futures.

You are buying paper stating there is gold behind it. Way different deal.

Brokerage account...roflmao

Gold futures aren't "paper stating there is gold behind it" - they are contracts to buy or sell real gold at a future date you fuck nut.

I have all my money in gold and silver. Only a retard or a person ignorant of the looming economic decline would keep there life savings in dollars in a bank, look at the rising inflation in the US and bank crisises in the Eurozone.

Only a retard or ignoramus would put all their eggs in one basket.

Gold and silver are separate baskets. I short stocks though, and would like to get into real estate, but in the short term, being in commodities is a far safer bet than paper stocks, or a bank where you are guaranteed to lose money. If you want your kid to have a shot at a college education, get your money out of the banks now, at least most of it, put it into commodities, land, hell even stocks(Advisably blue chips). Cyprus is coming to the Eurozone and once it gets there it won't be long till it hits here.

I shorted Apple and that worked out well for me. I am thinking about shorting the DOW eventually, it is near it's peak.

Holy shit this idiot has way too much horsepower at his disposal, he's going to kill himself.

Gold futures aren't "paper stating there is gold behind it" - they are contracts to buy or sell real gold at a future date you fuck nut.

Oh really, so if everyone called in the contracts, they would receive their orders? Are you seriously saying this?

What if everyone decided to break into your house and steal you gold, would it be worth anything to you after that?

I mean, as long as we're considering all possible hypo-theticals no matter how improbable.

There's no need to actually receive it through the contract. I can wait until my local dealer gets his next shipment in, settle the contract, and then buy the gold from the dealer.

Last edited:
Looks more like a buying opportunity to me. BTW the DOW is also falling like a rock, down 260+.

GO ahead! Buy it! There were a lot of "buying opportunities" in fall of 1929. They only took 15 years or so to break even. Lot of "buying opportunities" on the downsides of the wild swings petroleum has had in the past few years - also a lot of opportunities to time it wrong and get fucked.

That's the thing about bubbles. Its not about whether you go long or short but whether or not you time them right. We all know they are going to burst - question is when.

Except the price of gold is not a bubble. It is maintaining value based on inflation. A gold coin will buy just as good a suit as it would back in 1929. You see dear child..it's not that the price of gold has gone up....the dollar has been devalued.

If you hadn't smoked all that dope you might have a clue....

Oh really, so if everyone called in the contracts, they would receive their orders? Are you seriously saying this?

What if everyone decided to break into your house and steal you gold, would it be worth anything to you after that?

I mean, as long as we're considering all possible hypo-theticals no matter how improbable.

There's no need to actually receive it through the contract. I can wait until my local dealer gets his next shipment in, settle the contract, and then buy the gold from the dealer.

If you had two nickels to rub together you might be able to buy some gold. As you don't, you can't. And breaking into my house would be very hazardous to your health.

No you can't, at least not in the last day in numerous metropolitan areas in the United States.

BEWARE of Futures Brokerages selling "front end loaded" contracts.

I assume you already know that, but just in case?

That's exactly how Gerald Celente lost about $100,000 when MF Global closed his account. Sucker!

If you don't have the Gold in your hand, you don't own it.

If you can't defend your Gold with an M-16 or AK-47, it will be taken from you.

if gold was such a great investment they would not have to advertise it 24/7 on every media outlet. Someone is making money from gold and its not the suckers buying it.

if gold was such a great investment they would not have to advertise it 24/7 on every media outlet. Someone is making money from gold and its not the suckers buying it.
You mean like the "suckers" in China and India who are buying all the Gold they can?

You REALLY don't know what's happening to the US Dollar do you? Google "Currency War" and get up to speed.

You mean like the "suckers" in China and India who are buying all the Gold they can?

You REALLY don't know what's happening to the US Dollar do you? Google "Currency War" and get up to speed.

Don't pretend to preach to me little boy. I could probably buy and sell you with one weeks income.

I am quite aware of the currency issues worldwide. Thanks to obama and his terrible fiscal policies the US dollar has lost value against most world currencies.

If you think gold is the answer, buy it. pay some broker a commission and put it in your little safe.

It only has value if you can sell it to someone else for some kind of currency. If all currencies lose their value who will you sell it to?

or are you so naive you think you can take your gold to the grocery store and buy food?

I buy some stuff and hold it for my son. He will sell it when he is older or pass it to his children should he have them.

It looks like Apoopoo doesn't realize that gold is a long term investment hedge. Good time to buy some more physical.

Forum List

Back