Do you remember when Democrats opposed trade treaties?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Every single democrat in my lifetime opposed these things but now that Trump is running on the same issue they are now proud supporters of them. What changed?

Every single democrat in my lifetime opposed these things but now that Trump is running on the same issue they are now proud supporters of them. What changed?
Republicans must have finally convinced them of its virtues.

• Banned
Republicans must have finally convinced them of its virtues.

Then why make big speeches to workers about the destructive affects of these agreements? It just seems kind of self-opposing to say you support free trade but then tell people why they are bad and will fight against them just to get the worker's vote. Wait...what...they were lying the whole time!

It was republicans who provided the votes to pass the TPP. Not Democrats. The most encouraging thing about Trump's candidacy is that the GOP has abandoned the evangelical movement and Raygun's trickle down economics.

• Banned
It was republicans who provided the votes to pass the TPP. Not Democrats. The most encouraging thing about Trump's candidacy is that the GOP has abandoned the evangelical movement and Raygun's trickle down economics.

Do you mean like abandon a really good idea that seems to be the only thing that works in this country. Trump's tax plan includes tax breaks for the rich so stop lying.

Do you mean like abandon a really good idea that seems to be the only thing that works in this country. Trump's tax plan includes tax breaks for the rich so stop lying.
Trumps tax plan involves massive tariffs and subsidies. And if he plans on building and maintaining a super-villain-like border wall... well, maybe his skill at manipulating bankruptcy will come in handy again for him.

Through the skillful manipulation of facts and emotions.

Do you remember when Republicans supported trade treaties? You were right. What happened?

and OBAMA SIGNED IT. If he didint, hclinton would. If she didnt sign it trump would. If HE didnt sign it?...someone would but one things for sure, it was gonna get signed.

and OBAMA SIGNED IT. If he didint, hclinton would. If she didnt sign it trump would. If HE didnt sign it?...someone would but one things for sure, it was gonna get signed.
Maybe. Obama possibly signed it as a way to toss republicans a bone, since they've fought tooth and nail for 8 years to sabotage his Presidency. I'm sure he got something in return.

Forum List

Back