Do you support taxing unrealized gains (Poll)

Do you support taxing unrealized gains?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
Thats TANF? State Welfare? Not paid by Federal? So confusing?

How could States set time limit on Federal welfare payments?
It's controlled by the States but mandated by Federal Laws that Tricky Dick put into place.

It's where the Block Grants come from that dimocrap scum are always throwing into an argument about which States are more Federal Government-Dependent.

States with a high population number that is Welfare Dependent get a lot of Federal money because welfare is Federally mandated. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, etc

If democrats win in November, the IRS will be going after unrealized gains. Is this even constitutional?

The policies proposed in the FY2025 budget target extremely high-net-worth individuals and entities, attempting to ensure wealth accumulation through investment is looped in to the taxable base—even when those investments are not sold. The general principle behind equitable taxation is that a broad base is to be preferred over higher rates—in other words, increasing tax revenue without imposing additional burdens on middle and lower income brackets, merely reshuffling the deck so higher income earners are taxed under existing rate structures.
Among the proposals is a plan to tax the unrealized gain on a trust, partnership or other non-corporate entity that has not been subject to a recognition event in the previous 90 years—something of a one time tax true-up for complex tax structures that are and have been growing untaxed for generations.
The only way I could support something like that is if they simultaneously gave tax refunds for unrealized losses.

"unrealized" is one of those terms that doesn't mean what you think it does.

Just because you haven't turned it into cash doesn't mean you didn't make money.
You pay taxes when you access it. That's the way it's supposed to work.

A "Yes" from me. I believe all unrealized gains held by an individual should be taxed upon the owner's death.

Now, from what I hear of the Democrats' plan, that I do not favor.

Last edited:
Holding Unrealized Capital Gains are like owning an extremely rare and valuable baseball card. You can't use it to buy a Maserati or a Van Gogh or a house, it's not worth anything more than the paper it's printed on until you sell it. Y'all do realize, don't you, that if they can successfully establish taxes on unrealized gains it's only a short step to going after anything anyone buys as an appreciating asset?

Forum List

Back