Do you think liberals know that crude is as natural as whale shit?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The natural seepage of crude that happens in ocean is anywhere from 10 to 100 times more than what even the Gulf disaster put out, let alone one tanker.

Natural Oil Spills Surprising Amount Seeps into the Sea
There is effectively an oil spill every day at Coal Oil Point (COP), the natural seeps off Santa Barbara where 20 to 25 tons of oil have leaked from the seafloor each day for the last several hundred thousand years. The oil from natural seeps and from man-made spills are both formed from the decay of buried fossil remains that are transformed over millions of years through exposure to heat and pressure.

"One of the natural questions is: What happens to all of this oil?" said study co-author Dave Valentine of the University of California, Santa Barbara. "So much oil seeps up and floats on the sea surface. It's something we've long wondered. We know some of it will come ashore as tar balls, but it doesn't stick around. And then there are the massive slicks. You can see them, sometimes extending 20 miles [32 kilometers] from the seeps. But what really is the ultimate fate?"

Based on their previous research, Valentine and his co-authors surmised that the oil was sinking "because this oil is heavy to begin with," Valentine said. "It's a good bet that it ends up in the sediments because it's not ending up on land. It's not dissolving in ocean water, so it's almost certain that it is ending up in the sediments."

The team sampled locations around the seeps to see how much oil was leftover after "weathering" — dissolving into the water, evaporating into the air, or being degraded by microbes.

Microbes consume most, but not all, of the compounds in the oil. The next step of the research is to figure out just why that is.

------------------------

Holy shit liberals are fucking stupid asses. BTW, predictably BSNBC is not covering the murder of the white family by the THUG (yeah you know what I mean) and instead they are relentlessly talking about the oil spill.

I wonder why they are relentlessly covering the oil spill. I wonder why they have stopped covering the horrendous murders of the white family, including a child and an Hispanic maid.

Fucking liberals. Brainwashed away.

Perhaps that is true, but a crude oil spill is concentrated all in one area. That much whale shit in one area would not be a good thing either.

"Natural" is overrated by the way! cobra venom is very natural, but it is also very deadly.

Oh look!

oil-pelican.png

A pelican happily frolicking in his natural environment!

Goddam you people and your stupidity.

Volcanoes emit all kinds of things that are harmful to humans, so why put filters on industrial chimneys?!?
What logic is this post supposed to promote (or is there something missing)?

21,000 gallons of crude is just a drop in the bucket considering the billions of gallons that seep from the sea floor, but it will screw up a beach for a while. A nine mile area would have minimal impact on wildlife. That's just the facts.

Here we go again. 100,000 gallons of oil on a beautiful beach, and the 'Conservatives' are just giddy with happiness. It's all natural, you see! I just wish we could transport that 100,000 gallons in each one of their houses and property so they could truly appreciate how 'natural' that truly is.

The natural seepage of crude that happens in ocean is anywhere from 10 to 100 times more than what even the Gulf disaster put out, let alone one tanker.

There is effectively an oil spill every day at Coal Oil Point (COP), the natural seeps off Santa Barbara where 20 to 25 tons of oil have leaked from the seafloor each day for the last several hundred thousand years. The oil from natural seeps and from man-made spills are both formed from the decay of buried fossil remains that are transformed over millions of years through exposure to heat and pressure.

"One of the natural questions is: What happens to all of this oil?" said study co-author Dave Valentine of the University of California, Santa Barbara. "So much oil seeps up and floats on the sea surface. It's something we've long wondered. We know some of it will come ashore as tar balls, but it doesn't stick around. And then there are the massive slicks. You can see them, sometimes extending 20 miles [32 kilometers] from the seeps. But what really is the ultimate fate?"

Based on their previous research, Valentine and his co-authors surmised that the oil was sinking "because this oil is heavy to begin with," Valentine said. "It's a good bet that it ends up in the sediments because it's not ending up on land. It's not dissolving in ocean water, so it's almost certain that it is ending up in the sediments."

The team sampled locations around the seeps to see how much oil was leftover after "weathering" — dissolving into the water, evaporating into the air, or being degraded by microbes.

Microbes consume most, but not all, of the compounds in the oil. The next step of the research is to figure out just why that is.

------------------------

Holy shit liberals are fucking stupid asses. BTW, predictably BSNBC is not covering the murder of the white family by the THUG (yeah you know what I mean) and instead they are relentlessly talking about the oil spill.

I wonder why they are relentlessly covering the oil spill. I wonder why they have stopped covering the horrendous murders of the white family, including a child and an Hispanic maid.

Very informative post .............. but, you ruined it by the obvious biased rant below it....................... you could've saved your little rant for another post.

------------------------

tissue_2049564i.jpg

There ya go, little runt.

Go drink the shit, for all I care, since you want to make this into a Liberal-vs-Conservative issue, which it is not.

You are one funny, little, yet meaningless owlie...

Conservatives think nature is like their wives and girlfriends but you cannot keep slapping it around and it will just take it and forgive.

Here we go again. 100,000 gallons of oil on a beautiful beach, and the 'Conservatives' are just giddy with happiness. It's all natural, you see! I just wish we could transport that 100,000 gallons in each one of their houses and property so they could truly appreciate how 'natural' that truly is.

I'm not giddy,

I'm a Conservative and oil spills are all my fault .. I'm the one to blame.. :crybaby:

After-all, there's no Democrats, working in, profiting in or using oil products.

They, "absolved" themselves..

Last edited:

I'm not giddy,

I'm a Conservative and oil spills are all my fault .. I'm the one to blame.. :crybaby:

After-all, there's no Democrats, working in, profiting in or using oil products.
Conservatives are the ones who close ranks around the oil companies when they fuck up. Remember the congressman who apologized to the BP guy when he was summoned before congress to answer some questions? Shit like that is why conservatives are wedded to the many downsides of fossil fuel production.

Forum List

Back